Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO more level reqs plz

NO more level reqs plz

FC, can you please just stop putting level reqs on new items?? I mean seriously, you placed OE penalties in the game to try and limit players equipping items/weapons/armor that were higher then them, so they would suffer after the twinking they had doen to get it on wore off. So why now do you double the punishment by putting level reqs on items, so there is no chance in hell of equipping them? If we are smart enough to figure out how to get into that Ql200 weapon or armor at level 75 why shouldn't we be able to reap the benefits of it then?? If you want the game to be like this, how bout you just remove all buffs and implants from the game, so there is no twinking whatsoever, just make it so that when you have the base skill, you have it, and at that time you can equip it! I am sure some people will agree with me, and others will call me a whiner and flame me, but oh well.... so be it. Just another suggestion from Angel

Level reqs are meant for shadowlands. Same are the soldier nanos we received.

Here's the discussion on that topic: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=37298
    Last edited by Sjoko; Dec 26th, 2002 at 20:46:30.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

I just start a new fixer the level requirement are SOOOOOO STUPID

QL 20 Nano with Level 25 requirement !!!!! VERY LOGIC !!!!
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Originally posted by Aguitha
    I just start a new fixer the level requirement are SOOOOOO STUPID

QL 20 Nano with Level 25 requirement !!!!! VERY LOGIC !!!!
    I'll give you logic.

Level 195 requirements on a nano I have no chance in hell to self cast. Need actually mochams + wrangle to cast them.

The quality of the nano doesn't really have anything to do with when you're going to be able to use the nano. At first I thought so myself, but some professions are able to use all their nanos at level 100ish (at least all the most important nanos), where other professions can't use all their nanos until level 190+.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

yeah the insane nano requirements are there to essentially force everyone to purchase shadowlands and notum wars.

through org advantages it is relatively easy at level 195+ where you "can" use the nano you can boost your nano skills roughly 65 through org advantages(30) and a tower for that nano skills(35 for ql225ish

I think level requirements are actually good. gives you meaning for the senseless lving. Any case gives you something work for.

I understand that there is a need to have level requirements on more powerful nanos, so that your twinks can not use them at very low levels with mochs etc. However, I do think that requirements should be realistic also on those nanos that have level restrictions.

I see three type of nanos there (using NT nanos as example):

1. Bonus nanos with level requirements, nanos that a profession cannot selfuse regardless of what. aka need outside buffing. These could be anything that adds additional bonus to your char. Should be near impossible to self cast, but in return should not focus on your primary skills (aka Lick of The Pest)

2. Nanos with level requirements: A group of nanos that are important to your profession, nanos that are adding a welcomed bonus once you reach the right level. You should be able to selfcast these once without any outside buffs. These nanos should focus on your key skill/skills. (aka Corruption of The Pest and , albeit requirements are messed up)

3. Nanos with level requiremets, but not self usable at that level. These would be nanos that can be selfcasted at later levels (or in later expansion...Shadowlands), but can be used at the level required with right combination of outside buffs. Also not necessarily key skills nanos, but add a nice bonus for certain situations. For example, you cannot straight away use a nano ith requirement of 175 level, but might be able to do so later on. If you get outside buffs you can do it earlier (aka Sunder Constrains)

I also understand that the reality is not quite like this, but if we had an explonation such as this. It would help to understand why there are level restrictions on some nanos.
    Last edited by North; Dec 27th, 2002 at 13:15:51.

My main is an Engi i know what you talking about. I can't use some of the new nanos because the requirement are way too high
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

They are too envious of how Verant did EQ.....every single spell in EQ has a level req on it and it sux bigtime. Instead of doing the research to be able to put logical skill reqs on items, they got lazy and decided to put level reqs on them (much easier to pick a level rather than calculate what skill reqs for the item). Sad. What is the point of having a skill system if you're going to use level requirements also?
    .: Naraya :.

how are level reqs figured out?

how does FC determine the level requirements?? for instance on the soldier weapons Boosted and augmented Hellspinners, they are 175 and 190 respectively, i can self equip the boosted since 152, so why does it have a 175 req?? based on the skill requirements, it should be 150 or so.

Anyone got a +25 level buff? I tip generously!

Level requirements irritate me as well. For instance, I specifically started a nanomage fixer to try and be very cutting edge on nanoskills and formulas. Now I find that most of the good nanoformulas are level-capped. I have the nanoskill to cast them as much as a dozen levels earlier than the darn cap. I should have just made a darn atrox and had more HP.

I'd like it if they fiddled with the skill requirements and did away with level requirements, but oh well.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Originally posted by Sjoko
    Level reqs are meant for shadowlands. Same are the soldier nanos we received.

Here's the discussion on that topic: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=37298
    God, I'm so sick of clueless noobs™ going "this and that is meant for Shadowlands". No it isn't. WTF would it be?

Bottom line, Funcom fixed the problem with Level reqs. Now my NT has a "Level 135" req nano that I cant selfcast on Level 200. So, hey, the level 135 isnt a problem anymore!

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

I don't see the logic in messing up the game right now for some expansion thats not out for a long time, when they can just make all those changes later. There's probably some element we don't know about. Such as, having to get the expansion to be able to self cast these.
    We are already seeing this with Notum Wars and not getting org advantages, so you are literally paying Funcom for buffs. Kind of borderline immoral, really. Why not have a service where you can pay $30, and have a permanent +10 to MC/TS. Oh wait a second, that's Notum Wars.
    So don't try to question logic, they wont answer, all that can be accomplished here is to just whine whine whine, most will agree, others will speculate on the mysterious decisions that get made with little real explanation, but in the end we're left wondering what's going on.

Bump, lvl reqs suck bigtime in most cases.. just put high enough skill reqs on em!

Originally posted by eaze

God, I'm so sick of clueless noobs™ going "this and that is meant for Shadowlands". No it isn't. WTF would it be?

Bottom line, Funcom fixed the problem with Level reqs. Now my NT has a "Level 135" req nano that I cant selfcast on Level 200. So, hey, the level 135 isnt a problem anymore!
    I might be a clueless noob, but then explain me what this means:

Now, if we get a system with more lenient level requirements - requirements which have little or no effect with the current buffs and skill budgets, but still adds enough restrictions when taking future (Expansion Pack) budget into account - I don't see anything wrong with adding those level requirements to the old nano programs too.
    What I read into this is that FC created this new system so it would fit FCs plans to implement a booster. At that time, there were no talks about Notum Wars and the only expansion mentioned was Shadowlands.

It is said that when Shadowlands is implemented we will have a higher skill budget than we have today.

How does this affect items? It will make people use high ql equipment on lowbie chars. From what I've understood the skillbudget goes way higher, up to 2000 skills.

How can you restrict a level 100 char equipping an item that only level 125+ chars could use earlier. Easy you implement level restrictions as well.

Same goes for nanoprograms, _but_ they also increased the skills needed by so much it's impossible for most classes to use them earlier.

I don't agree with it, but then again I don't know what FC has in store for us with the expansion. Only a handful people know what might happen and I would like to know this as well. However precise information is better than some diffuse 'might' or possibly and Shadowlands is a work in progress.

We have to wait for shadowlands to see I suppose, but I wish FC could change the reqs until shadowlands is here. If I assume right that's not going to happen.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Last edited by Poppyfex; Jan 6th, 2003 at 22:42:23.

loomus your not using the paragraphs :P I have hard time reading what you wrote.

You think SW:G going be cake walk with no camping , exploits or nerfing your dead wrong. Go play EQ for awhile and get taste of it :P

What would be fun in the game anyway if could just get mp buff me use this nano at lv 140 instead lv 185. What killed mp's back then was fact could use all there nano at lv 125 was no real reason lv them past that lv. Anyway a lot this stuff going for shadowlands. Guess working for something too hard for some people.

Last edited by Poppyfex; Jan 6th, 2003 at 22:43:11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast