Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Docs ever gonna get something of theire own?

Question Docs ever gonna get something of theire own?

Im a lvl 159 nanomage doc now and have played this chr. since the beginning. Ever since i first began to play docs havent gotten anything of theire own. Only thing we have gotten is the 100% heal/40% dmg in pvp, but that we got because they nerfed the teamheals with making docs get aggro on them.

All the items docs are wearing are items that we "borrow" from other profs, items that are more made for other profs that we docs use cause there isnt anything else. Docs are mainly using SMG's as in Manex Catastrophe December that is more a fixer wepon then any or Superior Yatamutchy X-3 Counter-Sniper Rifle that defenetly is an agent wepon.

All skills are dark blue exept pistol and MA. What about giving us a wepon that is easier to get then the Pain of Patricia cause the only pistols that are worth using in the game are the Adventurer only ones.

At the moment im using a Custom KIWD 37 Hunter Crossbow and im partly satisfied with that. Only problem is that i cant hit a damn thing if the mob/player has a few IPs in evades. So im still on the lookout for a wepon that actually fits a doc.

As shotty has been nerfed and docs with melee wepons are dead agains any rooters (both shotty and 1he blunt are 4/lvl only they costs the same as dark blue skills) there isnt anything to do but to borrow wepons that are mainly for other profs.

There has come a few new doc-only items in the game the last patches but most of them are impossible to get or totally useless as they only buff treatment, which we have more then enugh of.

Everyone says that docs are way to über and that we dont need anything more cause were allready to powerfull. Why do i more and more often hear ppl saying that they beat a doc many lvls over him/her?

Ill end it here with a hope of FC giving us docs a wepon or item that doesnt just drop from the overcamped-way-to-powerfull-NPC or something that us docs can use that isnt "stolen" from other prof.

You should never ever get a weapon, maybe armor and items, but you where never intended to phsyically pick up a weapon and use it.

Sure, you could say if there was a gun or a banane, which would you choose, or Im willing to spend the IP.

So you want a weapon that does nice damage?
    But if I had the option to spend 2 darkblue skills for nice heals, would you feel the same.

You know, I have always been against this type of thing, from the beggining of ao doctors to me should never have been combat competent as they are.

As nts get to use a weapon AND combat nanos. No complaints tho, you should have more protective armor, ala Doctor combat suit in shadowlands and medical shizzit.

You want to fight, pick an enf, or slighty less gimpy soldier or total gimp Martial Artist.

It seems doctors can own all three supposed to be combat heavy classes at high end. This could change with the soldiers anti ch.

Shove a Pain of patricia on yeah (ahaha ok..rare HARD to get) but those who have it, lucky them.

I agree, docs dont start getting good till arond 150ish but you shouldnt have any problem with HP or nanopool, heck most docs come close to my enforcer with thier temp hp buffs.

Ive seen this one doc out heal 4 people (seperatly) at tir once, he didnt have a he but used nano regen imps.

He kept healing like there was no tommorow, MA down, Soldier down (even used a prenerf sunburst and took the doc to almost death, but a few moments later he was up to full hp - no ch) and then a enf. I tried having a go but over time he had the better of me, scopes giving that aimedshot BOOST hurts ;/

All the docs weponskills are dark blue which means 3/lvl max. The exeptions are pistol and MA which are light blue and shotgun and 1he blunt that are dark blue but 4/lvl. Im not saying they should give us a wepon doing more dmg then the Queen Blade, im just saying that we should have a wepon that suits docs more then to "borrow" wepons from other profs.

There's that doc only Tank in Forman's.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

I have to agree with the replies. Doctors are not a combat class, they are a healing class. IF you wanna be a combat geared player, do not play a doctor.

I dont think docs need much love, they are pretty good as they stand. Damn good as a matter of fact.

ID give some help to:

MA need a few fixes

Engine needs mass love, and Bureaucrat and MP

Adventurer need pistols with higher dmg output and lower multi range with multi weilding being a good thing, or why spend the IP on it? I have 800 MR and I cant even weild 2 ql 200 guns at level 185 ? And not to mention the only good pistol we can get with burst is the Pain of patricia, and I dont see me getting that anytime soon. SO we need a new pistol with specials.

A NEW special would be nice too.

Docs do not to alot of dmg. They are no where near as combat competent in weapons skill as the high end combat class's. Docs do small dmg compared to a soldier, or an MA, or an Enf. Nop questions asked.

Docs LAST though. Docs combat ability isnt in there ability to use a weapon, as much as it is to outlast your opponent.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

For the inane (yes that is how I see it) replies of docs aren't supposed to do damage they are supposed to heal answer the following question please:
    What is the difference between a lvl 150 group with doc and the same group but now with an MA or adventurer?

Doc's after 140 or so are expected to do damage because healing is less and less important the more you get over that point.

Play a doc to 170 or so before you make comments about the class please
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

I suggest you talk to Loveyou of Stom. She seems to do alright for a high level doctor.

Originally posted by Turin
    They are no where near as combat competent in weapons skill as the high end combat class's. Docs do small dmg compared to a soldier, or an MA, or an Enf. Nop questions asked.
    Actually as an MA in pvp at least sometimes I'd wish to do as much damage as a doc. Says more about ma's than docs though

Originally posted by Aristaeus
    For the inane (yes that is how I see it) replies of docs aren't supposed to do damage they are supposed to heal answer the following question please:
    What is the difference between a lvl 150 group with doc and the same group but now with an MA or adventurer?

Doc's after 140 or so are expected to do damage because healing is less and less important the more you get over that point.

Play a doc to 170 or so before you make comments about the class please

Uh you dont seem to quite get the drift here.

Docs, shut the **** up... PLEASE, your healers and not Damage dealers, or supposed to be any at all. DOCTOR, NOT FIGHTER, get that into your heads.

As far as 150+ goes for healing, wtf...who cares.

Look at AO. What prof survives without doing dmg. All the profs are warriors, dmg-doers or whatever you wanna call them. A doc doesnt survive at all without doing dmg. A trader shouldn't nessesary be able to shoot like a solider. An engenier should only do robot-stuff. And so on.

If all other profs get wepons that is worth using and still have other abilities, why shouldnt docs have it?
    Docs are as there has been said, more and more useless in 150+ teams, all that really matters in 150+ teams are dmgdoers. Then you kill the mob before it can even start thinking of hitting you.

So plz try a 150+ doc before allmost saying we should be nerfed back to the stoneage.

Doc should be able to do dmg, but give them a weapon suited a doctor.

Doctors are good thinkers, smart people and dextrous.

I would think a doc should be ableto dual wield pain of patricia.

An atrox doctor could be this huge doc with a beam or kick pistol

Originally posted by Emiko
    Doc should be able to do dmg, but give them a weapon suited a doctor.

WTH????

How can a WEAPON by suited to a doc? ooh lets give it 250-500 dmg, yeah.

Or give it treatment. lol.

as long as you dont get any xp for healing people and very marginal for tradeskilling, every profession is a combat profession. but then again, profession only items suck, since this is (was once) supposed a skill based game.

Originally posted by Riokou

Docs, shut the **** up... PLEASE, your healers and not Damage dealers, or supposed to be any at all. DOCTOR, NOT FIGHTER, get that into your heads.
    There is one problem here - credits and stuff. Everybody need money for the new nano and so on. And you know, that in team missions most of the people care about experience, not chests. So, if you want to have stuff - you should solo sometimes. And if you solo - you must be able to kill mobs hence – make damage.
    In RP words: we live in the dangerous environment, so even doctors should be able to protect themselves.
    "... when faced with a problem you do not understand, do any part of it you do understand, then look at it again."

--------
    Clora "Littlebee" Villalba - Fixer (Rubika-1)

Wow, you should try playing this game sometime. EVERY class in AO is a glorified Soldier / Combat class of some sort.

As already pointed out by Tallistro and Oxynoth, every class is one that deals damage in someway. Its the whole idea of the game, do damage, and then have your class define your secondary abilities. Cause EVERYONE's primary ability is to hit for damage.

The reason Soldiers are so gimped? cause they have no secondary ability, and arent that great as damage dealers. Enforcers (esp with the QB) dont have that problem cause they exceed so well as damage dealers.

On the other hand, docs DO have a good choice of weapons. not a wide variety, but there are enough varietys of shotguns to make spending the IP worthwhile. in PvM I can switch between a good Ithaca and a HD depending on how I want to fight. Do they need a class specific gun? Hell no, but then again I dont feel there should be any class specific weapons in this game.
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

Doctors don't need crushing uber amounts of love the way that fixers, for example, did. On the other hand, neither did enforcers, and they got it anyway

I would much rather have a couple improved healing nanos after LE, and/or improved HoT and DoT nanos, than doctor-oriented weapons. I'm fine with picking up whatever works that isn't profession specific, even though I'm pretty frustrated with all the changes FC makes that seem designed to blow away IPR at record speed. However, I'm not fine with people whose heads are shoved so far up their posteriors that they're using their navels as a peep-hole to navigate by saying that I shouldn't even have the choice of spending disgusting amounts of IP on my dark blue weapon skills to deal damage worth hitting Q for.

People expressing "doctor hate" on these boards are almost always either blatant hypocrites or simpleminded morons. You all love us just fine when it comes time to farm loot for you from the uniques. The least you can do to express some gratitude for our help in getting nifty nice new items for the rest of Rubi-Ka, since the majority of the loot from those uniques is better-suited (if not specifically limited) to other professions than ours, is to think before you start spouting off ill-informed rhetoric about how we should fit into your preconceived notion of the human heal-pet.

Doctors are not supposed to be unarmed, or even ineffectively armed, on AO. Damage dealing isn't among our profession's strongest points, nor is it supposed to be, but nontheless it is supposed to be among our capabilities. Think combat medic, not pediatrician.

Now get over your preconceived notions of a profession you don't even play and STFU.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

We are what we make our charracter to be. If you want me to STFU... well. too bad. Im not gonna. If tht bothers you... well.. too bad. I dont feel any pity for you. Infact. hey... didnt i whoop you badly in the arena? I cant rembmer. I make such dogmeat out of you little MA's, that you all look the same after im done owning you.

Oh.. hey.. wait... MA's are COMBAT CLASS'S!!!!! NO MORE HEALING FOR YOU.

Nerf MA heals please. They are combat and I dont think they should have the ability to heal. This is not how I personally envision the MA, so my view must be the accepted one please. Remove MA heals.

Would MA's like that? You would hear all the

"there goes my ability to solo!!!" and this that and the other. "whos gonna heal my team when no doc is around?!?!?!" um... no one. Take a lower QL mission and lvl slower instead. "FC screws MA's back to unplayability"

And all that.

Same thing goes for a doc and his gun. Just in reverse. But I guess that would be fine for most of you eh?

Also, please nerf the people that post these stupid things.
    Last edited by Turin; Dec 31st, 2002 at 21:30:11.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Turin

Very immature answer mate.
    First of all...ma.

MA is broken. It would take 10 ma to take down 1 doc.
    That pretty much sais that MA is broken to pieces.
    Dont brag about killing MA, its very low.

Second.
    Dmg area.
    Doctors allready do very nice dmg.
    Cough...AS..cough.
    You are a healing class and not a combat oriented class.
    That does not mean you are not supposed to do dmg.
    You do great dmg right now.

Third
    You cant really mean that docs need love. Its the most stupid thing i have heard....docs need love.
    Docs are uber as it is.

PVP
    You simply rock.

PVM
    I wont take up missions.
    But i will take up uniques. Good luck doing a unique boss without a doc....

Overall docs rock, end of story.
    FC has other stuff to fix then give docs love.

P.S
    I love docs at uniques and missions.
    I hate dueling them in arena.
    Last edited by Anikitos; Dec 31st, 2002 at 21:51:40.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I just say Docs with HE.. To Uber! ;P Why would anyone want to be anything else then a doc? =) they are seriously good at keeping them self alive.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast