Thread: team level

Question team level

been wondering for awhile now how team level exactly works.
    i ve read trhough the forums ( done an advanced search on this topic , and i ve found no real answer )
    so here are my few questions :

1) does anyone know how the team level raise : does it raise after a certain time ( if so how much time for every level ) , after a certain number of kills ( if so after how many kills per level ) , ... ?

2) what does it really influence : some say they could get get GA 3 or 4 easily with a team level 5 , some say the devs said it was increasing crit rate and dmg , some others say smth i didnt hear here and there ?

3)team level will vanish if a memeber of team ld / quits/get kicked from team , right ?

thanking thee a lot for any answer , because atm this is the thing i ve been the most curious about in the game.

no one knows for 100% certainty and FC doesn't want to enlighten us. I'm of the opinion crit rate is slightly increased though. I don't think it affects probability of finding certain items.

1) does anyone know how the team level raise : does it raise after a certain time ( if so how much time for every level ) , after a certain number of kills ( if so after how many kills per level ) , ... ?

The Team level is most certainly time based, however being in a mission or actual combat seems to reduce the clock.

2) what does it really influence : some say they could get get GA 3 or 4 easily with a team level 5 , some say the devs said it was increasing crit rate and dmg , some others say smth i didnt hear here and there ?

As far as I can tell it does nothing to Exp gained. However with a high team level you seem to better CONSISTENT damage meaning you rarely roll low end on the damage of you weapon. This would make me assume it raises you Minimum damage levels.

Crit rate seems to go up 1% per team level, but I haven't tested that for sure yet.

3)team level will vanish if a memeber of team ld / quits/get kicked from team , right ?

Team level stays so long as the team is together, if the TL leaves before transfering TLship then you will lose and Team levels gained. But so long as leadership changes hands and the Team never completely disbands (2 or more members) I believe Team level should stay intact.

Of course Team Level could just be a huge myth and not do anything Yet, and have been meant for something else entirely.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

I heard an explanation some time ago that seemed quite accurate.

The team level will produce three effects:

1) It will raise your innate crit chance by 1% per team level

2) It will raise your AMS by 10x team level (more AMS = more damage and better chance to hit)

3) It will raise your DMS by 10x team level (more DMS = more chance to dodge/evade/duck an attack)

This seems somewhat consistant, at high team levels things just suddenly seem to go better, and crits become more common.

Don't ask me for hard evidence to back it up tho. Hard to know anything "for sure" about hidden variables...
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

I bet Funcom isn't telling anyone what it does exactly because it's bugged and incomplete... or maybe the effects haven't been implemented at all.

thanks for your answers.

heh i was just wondering : do we actually think team level makes the team roxxor more ,when it could actually be that in fact , u get a higher team level meaning the team stays grouped longer because it actually IS a good team and u always find everything much better in a good team .

it would make sense if it is a placebo .

though i suppose we wont get any offical post from FC.

Team Level

I remember I did actually check with the coders and answer to this about a year ago. As far as I can remember Team Level does increase AMS and DMS as it raises, and it also adds to certain checks, like Breaking and Entry and Disarming Traps.

Right on! an Official post! Thanks JimSalabim!
    ~Heaven just isn't hot enough, Burn me a light inside. Living my life's not hard enough, Take everything Away.~

I am a Neutral Evil Human Fighter Thief : Follower Of Cyric

hehe I still think Team level doesn't actually do anything, and was just put in by funcom to get us running round testing and trying to work it out

but thanks for posting offical info Jim

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

From On Team Play - Part Two by Trond Ivar Hansen (aka Jim Salabim)

The "Team Level"

When you enter a team, take notice that there is a field in the "Team" panel called "Team Level." It always starts at 1, and has the possibility of reaching 5. The longer the team sticks together, the higher this number gets. Some of the areas where you receive bonuses with higher Team Level are:

• Chance of landing a successful hit with a nano-program;
    • Bonuses to AMS/DMS (chance of hitting with weapons and chance to avoid hits); and
    • Chance of successfully picking a door or disarming a bomb.

Check also On Team Play - Part One

And Primer: Team Mission Combat Tactics by Brad, STL/MO
    Quit whining (.com)(tm).
    ... listening whining since 2001-07-21 11:12:43...

Smile My memory works!

Thanks