Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni have no life, family or friends?

Real military Action

You notace they respect the mosqe HMMM guess there are religious reasons NOT to attack
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

steppenrazor u smell...bad

Originally posted by Jazger

Ah another person who feels just becuase thuer haveing a holiday the remaining 12 billion or so people in the world must stop everything to allow that holiday to go on with out delay.

GET A CLUE PEOPLE, CHRISTANITY IS ONLY PRATICED BY WHAT? 2 BILLION OUT OF 12 BILLION PEOPLE?

one more time for thouse who are really slow on the uptake -

THE VAST, VAST MAJORITY OF THE WORLD DOES NOT HAVE X-MAS.

COULD GIVE A FLYING RATS BUTT ABOUT X-MAS
    Steppenrazor.
    flame on- ur facts on the amount of christians.. and the amount of people are both very incorrect u fool..
    i believe u r a gimp... and im gonna point something out to u.... Christianity is predominately practices in north/south america europe and australia....Which is where all AO playas come from as only a small minority of ppl from africa/india/china can afford to play ao .. althopugh there are some and no disrespect...

BTW u flame christmas again... and i will eat ur screwed up family next chistmas dinner as for u.. ur already gonna get eaten for being so flipping stupid in attempting to tell me the varios populations...
    flame off
    have a good day
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Omni will rule you---
    ----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

Um dude I covered you in my last 2 posts now you sound bad...

LoL

Anyway, There is a point Here... Here you are Knowing that your not getting anything on Commersionalism day (opps meant Christmas). so you go out and decide hey I know some guilds who will be away spending time with family and freinds, WooT gankage time...

So many times have I seen Exploits, Low tactics, Basicly Bull**** go on Since NW. That I wonder about Peoples Morales.

If you want to PLay A FPS, then go PLay A FPS. If you want to play a Role Playing Game, Then go Play a Role Playing Game.

Im getting so tired of what people have become since NW. A few good people still exist But mostly Its GANK,WHINE,GANK,CRY,GANK some more.

Bleh...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

Originally posted by AkodoReign
    Um dude I covered you in my last 2 posts now you sound bad...

LoL

Anyway, There is a point Here... Here you are Knowing that your not getting anything on Commersionalism day (opps meant Christmas). so you go out and decide hey I know some guilds who will be away spending time with family and freinds, WooT gankage time...

So many times have I seen Exploits, Low tactics, Basicly Bull**** go on Since NW. That I wonder about Peoples Morales.

If you want to PLay A FPS, then go PLay A FPS. If you want to play a Role Playing Game, Then go Play a Role Playing Game.

Im getting so tired of what people have become since NW. A few good people still exist But mostly Its GANK,WHINE,GANK,CRY,GANK some more.

Bleh...
    Nice, so with Divinecross you get the best of both worlds, ganking and in your words "exploiting":

Originally posted by Divinecross
    Noticed with my twink engineer while cruising around having little fun with low lv base that found myself pvp flagged **. Well no biggie I thought then I tried to buff my pet who happens to be a higher lv than me. Game wouldn't allow buffing of my pet due to the bugged pvp limits on buffing and pvp flagged **. I hope you would fix this bug
    And whining and crying, see original sore ch0de post above.

DC does have one good point, people keep talking about "war" when this is just a "game". If you guys want to ***** about war, head down to your local NATO recruiter and early next year, compliments of the US, there will be a new war for you to fight in a desert nation/asian nation near you. Otherwise, this is a game and comparisons are useless.

War or game, doesn't matter, people attack/play on holidays.

Ever hear of the Yom Kippur War?

The reason that the U.S. waited until after Christmas had nothing to do with any sort of 'war on holidays' rule and everything to do with a desire not to force soldiers away from their homes during what is one of the more important holidays for the majority of their forces (yes, most U.S. residents are nominally Christian, and I believe the percentage is a little higher in the armed forces).

As to why the U.S. didn't attack during Ramadan... well, that has a lot more to do with politics than anything else. You want to know how to piss off a religiously-controlled state? Violate one of their holidays. The U.S. understands they need to not piss off all of the Arab states, and as such made a tactical decision to wait until AFTER one of the largest Muslim holiday had ended.

Never, ever make the mistake of thinking that wars aren't fought on holidays. That hasn't been the case since the days of rival European duchies fighting with each other taking Christmas off. Modern warfare doesn't stop for a holiday.

Politics may cause a pause, but warfare goes on if it can.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

How bout we end this thread?

Christmas is optional for many many people of the world, in every country.

Even if Christmas wasn't optional for a person, Christmas does not occupy a full day. Church does not hold mass for 24 hours on Christmas. People have to test out the swag they got for presents. You can only eat so much until you explode. And while many people love their family, many people cannot take an extended dosage of them. I sure as hell can't handle my family for more than a full 4 hours. After that, I start looking for ammunition

Any attacks that did go on weren't done by Omni Scum or Clan Scum or Neutral Scum. The people controlling the characters are not members of a intergalactic megacorporation, deluded rebel ex-employees of said megacorporation, or fence sitters who are finding the fence has points on it and are getting uncomfortable. They were conducted by Americans, Britsh, German, Canadian, Chinese, Japanese, Norwegian, French, Spanish, ect. The point here being: Separate Fact from Fiction. Omni-Tek/Clans/Neutrals are FICTIONAL.

If you happened to lose a base over the holidays, don't get pissed over it. Think about the fun you'll have taking revenge on the people that took it.

Happy New Years everyone (unless your Chinese, in which case I'll have to wait a few months to wish you Happy New Years).
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Dec 29th, 2002 at 01:12:04.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

for divine cross

4 letters for S.T.F.U

also.. divine u stoopid noob way to not be prejudice.. u said omnis? i hate to say it but i was not on at christmas except for an hour or two 2 celebrate with my guild

if u reply theres another 4 letters for S.T.F.U
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

mm some1 make a poll of how many people of flamed divine cross =) just for christmas cheer
    Lanky Bill Nerf Engis

----Clanners, Be gone---

Spank J-Lo Today!

Proud advisor of Chimera

hmm

You mean people actually "still" enjoy Notum Wars? After 2 weeks it wasn't fun to attack or defend a base anymore.

Can we say Lag.
    Can we say Automated Combat - Automated Targeting.
    Can we say boring?

It became very boring for me. If the combat system were a first person shooter style like Neocron it would be a lot more fun and things wouldn't be so automated. Advantage would go to no one and until you have played that type of combat in mass PvP you don't know what yer missing.

*Yawns*

by the way Divine - you were omni then you were clan you were omni then you were clan you were omni and now you are finally clan. What could you possibly know about having no life when your /played time is 24/7.

This is not a FPS go Play CS or TFC... This is a role playing game with FPS graphics... lol everything is timed /turn/random In a Role playing game..
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Originally posted by Jamespond
    Yup u are right the majority of people arent christian...
    Most people in europe and US are however christian...
    I live in a country in europe where almost 100% of all homes have a computer... I bet its about the same in US...

In other part of the world where most people are Islamic or something else, some people dont have electricity, and may even live in houses made of something that came out of a cows ass... In some countries there might be 50 miles to the next computer, how many plays AO there?
    This is the best post I have seen in a month. It would have taken me 500 words to say what you say in 2 paragraphs.

If someone wants to try and take advantage of a holiday or whatever to make an attack then fair play to them, but it doesnt mean they will always get away with it.

Legion decided to attack Storm base in the early hours of New Years day. The attack failed miserably and they lost a base in Upper Stret in a return attack. Happy New Year Omnis was the message there.

Making assumptions about an Orgs online status can be dangerous also

hugs to all, not going to get involved much in this debate, jsut want to correct a few facts (I HATE people using false facts in arguments )

Firstly, the current population of the planet is officially around 6 Billion. However it could be slightly higher than that as it is rather difficult to hold accurate census's (or however you spell that plural ) in countries such as china, and india (both with a population of 1Billion +)

Christianity is currently the largest set of religions on the planet, with Catholicism being the largest single religion. However Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet.

Thirdly, wars are held off on religious festivals usually for diplomatic reasons. As has been stated the last time one was "stopped" part way though was the first christmas in world war 1, where soldiers from each side in the trenches actually crossed no mans land and exchanged "presents" (mostly ration's, as both sides had different things). However if I remember correctly this was entirely unoffical, and the soldiers had been told to carry on as normal.

Also Modern armies are NOT capable of fighting all the year round, or in all conditions. Some (most notably the US) are capable in most, however some conditions defeat them and they need help (such as cold, high altitude terrain, as they dont train in them much, so they asked the Royal Marines, who do train in such conditions, to help) and Some will defeat all modern armies It is only really America and western Europe where Nato could fight a modern land war all the year round (basically as that is where all their equipment is made for ) Places like rusia in winter, and the middle east in the middle of summer will always pose problems.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Even while it may be a majority that is Christian; it doesnt justify the first post. It's flawed logic; something where divine didnt think more about before posting it to put it in polite words.

People think their own values are others' as well, wake up

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

LOL

Nerf Christmas, it screwed up some clanners AO time =)
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Big exploit and I know several Omni guilds that use it.
    LOL, as if clan doesn't take advantage of bugs in NW. Pffft. Clan used this very bug or something like it on my org's base.

Re: Am I the only one?

Originally posted by Habibus
    Am I the only one to notice that Divinecross posted this December 25th? What is more pathetic Divinecross, people that play AO on Christmas, or people that make try to make fun of people playing on Christmas by posting on a message board.. during Christmas....?
    Hahaha

Good eye Habib

Nothing much happened here for Christmas, just a nice meal
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

This is not a FPS go Play CS or TFC... This is a role playing game with FPS graphics... lol everything is timed /turn/random In a Role playing game..
    Sounds like you've never played System Shock 2.
    At Midnight, All the Agents...
    Veneman
    Fullnelson
    Halfnelson

Agents- lilttle slightly insane people who run around and kill you before you know what is going on... and if they dont kill you fast... well, cannon fodder (altho they are good for scouting) -eternalfiend

The Sock-Hat, it adds 1 to my tempo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast