Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make NT nukes crit

Originally posted by p0is0n

And what about MP's then?!?!? So we get left with shoddy nuke damage and pets doing the same damage they have done for the last 10+ months, while every 1 else gets upgraded to god like levels of damage!? Psh!
    Well, as a pistolero adv I haven't noticed being upgraded to god like lvls of dmg at all...

In fact, by doing much tweaking I have now managed to elevate myself to actually doing gimpy dmg, as opposed to doing virtually no dmg.

Oh, and I have no roots, calms, nukes or even big specials of any kind...

I can charm leets though, unless the are high lvl leets of course, in which case forget it :-)
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Re: Make NT nukes crit

Originally posted by Troublex
    Just to make sure the idea is noticed... (posted also in the NT forum)

Make NT nanos crit and throw in a lower nano resist line and a added nano crit line.
    THis doesnt mean add more nanos...dear god there are already so many i never use..just change the current ones to show a crit amount.
    I don't mind if they add nano crit hits, but then they should at least half the current normal max damage. I think what you're asking for is more damage than you already do.

And what about MP's then?!?!? So we get left with shoddy nuke damage and pets doing the same damage they have done for the last 10+ months, while every 1 else gets upgraded to god like levels of damage!? Psh!
    You are a pet class, not a nuking profession. I personally think you need some upgrading to your nanos, but those nanos I am thinking of ain't nukes. Keep in mind that you have outdamaged NTs with Mind Quake for long enough.

You have to keep in mind that nukes are NTs primary ability and MPs secondary abiltity.
    Last edited by North; Jan 4th, 2003 at 21:02:05.

Originally posted by Revelator

Well, as a pistolero adv I haven't noticed being upgraded to god like lvls of dmg at all...

In fact, by doing much tweaking I have now managed to elevate myself to actually doing gimpy dmg, as opposed to doing virtually no dmg.

Oh, and I have no roots, calms, nukes or even big specials of any kind...

I can charm leets though, unless the are high lvl leets of course, in which case forget it :-)
    U can charm leets?

Ah, nerf them UBER Advs
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Talking I got it

NT's need "nano" burn....
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

The other weird thing is that NT DON'T have the highest NR, That must be wrong ?

Should it be right that fixers with GA or Enforcers running Rage should be the one with the highest NR ?

And about the damage, NT should be the one being able to give out the most damage of all, and even so our slowest most useless nano only give about 8k damage if we're lucky (very lucky) and agents get 10k AS quite often...

Make us a fast nano that lock some useless skill for a time and closing the possibility to use that nano again for that set amount of time so we can be what we are supposed to be...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

./me wonders what Last Word should crit for, 10k?
    My wishlist:

ql170+ shining/bright/faded clusters of Offensive Mastery
    ql200 Heavy Notum Tank

i think that's it ;D

Nano programs shouldn't crit like a weapon. I would like NTs and/or (any nano based class) to have their nano programs hit max dmg. ie:

IEF hits 2249- 3047 dmg, I never see any nano top out. I may have/but never seen a hit 3047 on pvm in a mission. It mostly hits for 2249 on orange and red mobs, 2.5-3k on green mobs.

Because Nano programs do direct dmg not like weapons, there for when they land it is a crit.
    NR just needs to be adjusted, I have been out dmg'd by other classes.
    IEF works great against pvm.

The world is full of A-- H---S, and we live in a pile of poop
    The world is full of A-- H---s and we live in a pile of poop.

How about this, make NR lowered on all our nukes across the board, cause I never see enforcers *****ing that they keep missing, and then make init effect nano recharge.

Simple, and we are doing dmg as we should be.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    How about this, make NR lowered on all our nukes across the board, cause I never see enforcers *****ing that they keep missing, and then make init effect nano recharge.

Holy crap, I think that was THE best suggestion I've read in months! It's bad enough for MP's running out of nano, but damn it's gotta suck goat balls for NTs.

BTW, I think Im in love with piercingevil....will you be my nanolady?
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by milmaker
    Anyone with a good gun and good scope can outdamage an nt with his crits and will crit more frequently in a fight than an nt can cast his big nukes

i personally have witnessed this i was borgs and we had nt in team his big nukes would do 1.5k damage and my crits would do 3k damage and i also get AS and fling 9k highest AS i ever got
    and fling is round about the same as my crit

and ill crit anywhere from 2-5times per borg + my AS and flings i easily outdamaged the nt cuz he can cast his big nuke like 2 times before the fight is done and it is like 1.5k-2k

id say up all damage nanos and decrease the gap between minimal damage and maximum make it more like 100-200pts difference seeing as they are the masters of nanos they should have much better control and inflict a more stable base amount

casting for minimal damage every cast kinda sux
    your nt sucked or was having a bad day...low level pvm (sub 200 mobs), the nt should do the most damage... NT damage is good...its just not reliably good.. if you are fighting a mob with a lot of hp...the nt will outdamage much more easily, as your specials wont recharge anywhere near as quick as the nts nukes...and theyll prolly have a weapon adding some damage.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Jan 8th, 2003 at 04:55:55.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Just wondering how many NT's running on full aggro, and if anyone use full defence...
    Mark Twain

I have played an NT for over 100 levels now.. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A NUKE HIT FOR THE MAX ADVERTISED DAMAGE !!! not to mention.. You say damage over time? sure.. NT's can do an average amount of that... if they landed more than 2 in a row. throw in fumbles on top of counters.. your time just dissappeared. Is it fun to play an NT? sure it is! In a team! Solo.. you end up calming mobs half way through killing them so you don't die. I agree that the NR of mobs is too high.. My NT also fumbles more than any other character I have ever played. Isn't an NT supposed to be the master of nano technology? Something got lost in the shuffle. NT attacks should have a tighter damage range. This 500+ ( over 1k at higher levels) damage difference between base and high is rediculous. 80 percent of the attacks are useless anyway! I bet that a high level NT is alot of fun to play.. Maybe at high level, an NT with alot of init and skill is fun to play. So I will continue prodding on.

ps.. Izzy's last word?? 20 second attack? please.. by the time you get one off.. the team is on its 3rd mob.. and you have fumbled anyway.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Init affecting nano recharge? wouldn't work, think about for example stuns which has to have higher recharge than effect time to be balanced, also nukes would be very overpowered if you could cast them at 1/1 (5000 dmg every 2 sec), CH every 2 sec, layers every 2 sec etcetc, think for a sec and you'll realize.
    Last edited by Nihil; Jan 9th, 2003 at 06:28:02.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Originally posted by Third Eye

Init affecting nano recharge? wouldn't work, think about for example stuns which has to have higher recharge than effect time to be balanced, also nukes would be very overpowered if you could cast them at 1/1 (5000 dmg every 2 sec), CH every 2 sec, layers every 2 sec etcetc, think for a sec and you'll realize.

You'll realise that after 10 sec you are totally empty of nano... ;p

And with all the fumbles and counters your targets probably ain't dead yet either, and you are probably looking at Reclaim anyway...

But at least lower NR on MOBS !!! It's stupid that calm as it is our only defence when soloing is close to impossible to use on Mobs equal or higher than your lvl...
    I don't consider NS a good defence, it can be a lifesaver in teams, and possibly also in solo, but if your calm is not going through until NS is over you are dead...
    And for all that think NT is UBER in PvP with NS, remember we are rooted in place until it is off, and than we have to wait until most probably we see the reclaim till we can use it again...
    Mark Twain

About the Nanos having Crit... well I have thought about that alot before, but no it would not be fair... not to the gun users and not by faar to us...
    What is the use of crit on an attack that take 5 second to finish ?
    Everyone know fast weapons is best whit crits, because the chances is higher to get a crit because of higher number of attacks per time...
    I would rather see higher minimum damage on the nanos, and lower recharge... we need some nanos that is as fast as those fast weapons, and with how FC have made nanos lately the make them so fast in attack they are almost instacast without nano-init, and a recharge long enough to make most fall asleap...

A weapon user got lowered recharge with the init, but nano users don't...

A weapon user got crits, nano users don't...

A weapon user use ammo that can be bought so much of that you have enough for a mission and more, NT's can't keep up more than about 2-3 mobs (without pause)...

A weapon user can reload his weapon while in a fight, nano users can't unless they have sky high First Aid, and still have to wait for FA to get available again...

A weapon user loose 1 bullet if missing, a nano user looses up to 1/4 of his ammo (nano-pool)...

Is it FC's way of saying Nano users is supposed to use weapons ?
    FC states NT's relies on his NANO-Damage... Is it just a BIG HOAX ?

Until I see some promising patch notes I'll keep on reading my book...
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by KlngArthur

your nt sucked or was having a bad day...low level pvm (sub 200 mobs), the nt should do the most damage... NT damage is good...its just not reliably good.. if you are fighting a mob with a lot of hp...the nt will outdamage much more easily, as your specials wont recharge anywhere near as quick as the nts nukes...and theyll prolly have a weapon adding some damage.
    The problem is, you're only considering specials. From what I've seen, most people my level using rifles do about 1/2 the damage of my nukes, but fire 4 times as often. With pistols they do about 1/4-1/3 the damage six to eight times as often. Either way, guns do twice as much damage over time as nukes, without considering specials.

Show me an NT below lvl 150 with a PVP title and I'll quit believing we're gimped.

hah

lvl 83 freshman on the way to rookie! :P
    I use 2 level 1 pistols, have a runbuff, behemoth and mc moch on most times. Blind, root, use 3/3 nuke, use 3/3 nuke, blind, root.. repeat.. most times I don't even get hit by melee fighters.. ranged are more difficult, but just run out of their weapon range and do all this and you have no problems. Now all I have to do is get on a decent weapon with tons of specials (which you can use while you are casting a nano), and I'll be good to go for even more serious pvping.
    The only thing to phear...is the little gremlin in the back of my head...

Don't forget that you have to hit the fire button for your nano which takes even more delay.. where a person using a gun only hits fire once and is auto firing at the rate he has ability for. It adds alot of time to hit the button every time you wish to attack.

well

a nano res lower is ok but critting nanos get the **** out of here and of course the NTs wanna keep the old dmg huh?

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast