Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make NT nukes crit

Make NT nukes crit

Just to make sure the idea is noticed... (posted also in the NT forum)

Make NT nanos crit and throw in a lower nano resist line and a added nano crit line.
    THis doesnt mean add more nanos...dear god there are already so many i never use..just change the current ones to show a crit amount.

nanos dmg are well adjusted already critting nanos sounds really funny and illogical.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

This has been asked before and will never happen.

Don't wish for it. Don't get anywhere near anything that crits. Didn't you just see what happened to the martial artist and all those shotgun happy people?
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Exclamation

Just like to comment on Lion's comment

"nanos dmg are well adjusted already critting nanos sounds really funny and illogical."

*!* ack *!*
    And what game are you playing lion? also explain why you think its funny. I still think its a good cure for NT's issues..by the way nanos ARE certanly NOT well adjusted.

Nanos are well adjusted for damage.

The problem in the high level game is NR. A high level NT can't land their nanos on high-level mobs (not vets/aces, but bosses and ubermobs). When a NT can consistently land their top nukes, they can easily outdamage any other class in the game.

And then there's Resonance Blast. Ask one of the two or three NTs that have it how they feel about RB.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Surprisingly the NT's i have teamed with usually have done by far the most damage in the team, so I wasnt to sure of to think about all the complaints about their damage.
    I didnt know however the nukes dont stick on high lvl bosses, that must be frustrating.
    On the other hand my Manex tends to miss some bosses quite a bit as well.
    Last edited by Alantria; Dec 26th, 2002 at 00:18:39.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Re: Make NT nukes crit

Originally posted by Troublex
    Just to make sure the idea is noticed... (posted also in the NT forum)

Make NT nanos crit and throw in a lower nano resist line and a added nano crit line.
    THis doesnt mean add more nanos...dear god there are already so many i never use..just change the current ones to show a crit amount.
    No!

First, that would mean lowering the min. damage by ALOT
    Secondly, it's not natural for a nano to crit.

Not wanted!

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by Alantria
    Surprisingly the NT's i have teamed with usually have done by far the most damage in the team, so I wasnt to sure of to think about all the complaints about their damage.
    I didnt know however the nukes dont stick on high lvl bosses, that must be frustrating.
    On the other hand my Manex tends to miss some bosses quite a bit as well.
    NT damage over time is excellent, the complaints (from those NTs who actually has a clue) is that our damage output comes in big and slow lumps, thus being unsuitable for pvp.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

umm isn't like everytime you land a nuke a crit?

How about we pretend that nukes are crits instead of nukes.

So you got your weak ass pee shooter. And every 8 seconds you land a 2k crit?

[quote]
    Nanos are well adjusted for damage.

The problem in the high level game is NR. A high level NT can't land their nanos on high-level mobs (not vets/aces, but bosses and ubermobs). When a NT can consistently land their top nukes, they can easily outdamage any other class in the game.

And then there's Resonance Blast. Ask one of the two or three NTs that have it how they feel about RB.
    [quote]

Reliability of nano damage is not very good. This is a factor of nano resist and other issues (fumbles, blackholing etc.).

Any hit over minimum damage I consider an critical hit on an nanoprogram...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Anyone with a good gun and good scope can outdamage an nt with his crits and will crit more frequently in a fight than an nt can cast his big nukes

i personally have witnessed this i was borgs and we had nt in team his big nukes would do 1.5k damage and my crits would do 3k damage and i also get AS and fling 9k highest AS i ever got
    and fling is round about the same as my crit

and ill crit anywhere from 2-5times per borg + my AS and flings i easily outdamaged the nt cuz he can cast his big nuke like 2 times before the fight is done and it is like 1.5k-2k

id say up all damage nanos and decrease the gap between minimal damage and maximum make it more like 100-200pts difference seeing as they are the masters of nanos they should have much better control and inflict a more stable base amount

casting for minimal damage every cast kinda sux
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Any hit over minimum damage I consider an critical hit on an nanoprogram...
    LOL
    .: Naraya :.

With respect to new weapons in this game, I think it would be nice to see our nukes to have their base damage upgraded slightly along with lowered nano resist (this mainly due to new breed of uber mobs that cannot be nuked almost at all).

So FC should make our base damage slightly higher and make the damage more reliable, that way NTs would have some advantage from their nukes, which we could arguably use as we have one of the poorest healing ability/defences in the game.

In missions an nt will often do the most damage in a team from about level 30-100 or so. After this most mobs in team missions will drop too fast for the nt's damage over time to come into play.

After level 110 or so:

Other classes specials will do as much damage as the nt's best nuke. Or more. And will land nearly every time.

The NT will still be fumbling alot.

The NT's nukes will be countered alot.

Other classes will be getting faster and faster rates of fire while an nt's nukes recharge stays the same. (if not getting longer)

At the endgame an NT may outdamage others by dumping enormous amounts of ip into a decent weapon and initiatives. Combining this with nukes he may outdamage others by a small margin if he is not spamming layers on himself or trading aggro with calms.

Against outdoor boss mobs the nt will have both a crappy AR and will not be landing 1/8 of his nukes. Same thing for control towers.

Anyway, making nukes crit is poo. Nukes should do max damage every time. Take away the minimum damage. Have them do a definite amount of damage every time. This would be the simplest route.

Consider IEF. If this was the case the nt would still do less damage than an enforcer or soldier. Even if the said NT was using an x-3 or cat.

They would improve slightly in pvp but not nearly as much as an enforcer with a queen blade or agent with crit buffs.

Anyway. Nukes should not crit. As crits are nerfed in pvp. Also this could be seen as another NT "fix" and put us even further down on the list of classes to be fixed. We will then reside in the 9th circle of gimp with engies.

Saying the NT is compensated for this by joining Storm at high levels and getting Resonance Blast is poo.

Me saying an idea is poo is not an insult to those suggesting it. Just saying the idea is bad.

Originally posted by North
    With respect to new weapons in this game, I think it would be nice to see our nukes to have their base damage upgraded slightly along with lowered nano resist (this mainly due to new breed of uber mobs that cannot be nuked almost at all).

So FC should make our base damage slightly higher and make the damage more reliable, that way NTs would have some advantage from their nukes, which we could arguably use as we have one of the poorest healing ability/defences in the game.
    And what about MP's then?!?!? So we get left with shoddy nuke damage and pets doing the same damage they have done for the last 10+ months, while every 1 else gets upgraded to god like levels of damage!? Psh!

Screw MP's

:P

< Ampedout

like i said the difference between min and max damage should be at most 100pts it is a nuke and should do damage as such

getting minimal damage sux

then mp nuke does the same thing minimal 95% of the time but pets need upgrade more damage higher nano resist and cant be mezzed in pvp if a pet prof wants to pvp he has no chance he cant do much without his pet if he is not using a weapon or is using sumting for its bonuses

just increase nuke damage

reducing the damn recharge would be great too
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

take nano ac's off mobs :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast