Thread: W e Need More Dungeons And Varied Misions

Post W e Need More Dungeons And Varied Misions

I think that there should be a few more static dungeons or variations in missions, after hacking and slashing my enforcer through the subway, foremans labs and the steps of madness i am now n the smugglers den but still feel that the game needs more unique and interesting places to crop up. This could be written into the storyline

New omni barcks built in clan territories

Mutated mob has spawned and taken up residence in a cave with his uber offspiring

whatever the ideas i jut feel it would be good for players that have been lvling for a long time in missions to want to explore again instead of blitzing unique dungeons for the items

Plz post your views - you never know if we get enough of us we may well see some more dungeons or quests next patch

New types of missions that differ from today's will be added in Shadowlands. I belive they are working on missions that will take place outdoors and indoors (mission starts outside and you have to fight/work your way inside).

I am truly looking forward to this. Missions today all look alike, even with the minor variations in color and texture. I've played this game since november 2001, and now I am sick of missions. And I mean litteraly sick!
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I allways say amen to any more diveristy and more unique places in the game good sujestion

anything More must be better than anything Less unless its more clammies ,, tihihihihi , poo poo

Thumbs up

yeh i only been playing 5 months and its starting to get a bit samey we diffinately need some variations on missions structures any changes would be welcome and an update on whats in shadowlands would be nice

so what more news u got about shadow lands

What is the variation gonna be like in the shadow lands - anyone got any info or suggestions ??

if they cant fix pet pathing, then MORE dungeons isnt gonna help us poor pet prof players...

Just make missions one room, no roof no walls no tables no doors and mobs... o wait.. recently my pets got stuck on the floor.. nvm

This is a thread I dug up from the past that outlines ALOT of what you are talking about. It is filled with wonderfull ideas and imagination. IT shows what our missions system COULD be like. instead of the overbloated hog we have.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...+dream+mission

The Dream Mission
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Oh, that would be sweet.... and worth staying around for too.

Originally posted by Turin
    This is a thread I dug up from the past that outlines ALOT of what you are talking about. It is filled with wonderfull ideas and imagination. IT shows what our missions system COULD be like. instead of the overbloated hog we have.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...+dream+mission

The Dream Mission
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

I am completly agree with you,

In fact I have played since the beta of Anarchy online and after 3 month I stopped with all my friends cause we were bored to do exactly the same mission ! from lvl 5 to lvl 60 we were still doing the same stuff ?!?

Now I decided to replay to this game one week ago to look at the improvement that should be done and I am a bit surprised that more that one year after the release the missions are STILL exactly the same (except for the boss part which is a good idea).

So, Funcom, please, this game could be the best one of all the MMOPRG due to its graphics, music and concept so just try to work on the content ...

seriously bored

i agree mission after mission after mission is so boring i prefer and open play area with many static dungeons ala eq im about to purchase ac2 cause im so bored.

the content needs a serious update but maybe shadowlands will fix this i wait and see until then it bye for now

Originally posted by speardancer
    Oh, that would be sweet.... and worth staying around for too.

Ya, I agree. It would be awesome. Dont hold your breath though. As much as we would like a more dynamic mission system. ITs not gonna happen. FC has crappy programmers, and a extremely poor implimentation system. It would take them at least a year to code. And then a couple hours for beta test. By the time it hit live, it would be so buggy we wouldnt be able to play them. And by the time it was "fixed" the game will be over and time to move on to something else.

Unless its alrady time to move onto something else.....

Dont get me wrong. I still enjoy this game. Mostly. Its FC that ruins it for me.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Mission dungeons will be changed in 14.8, as you can read here
    Quote from Gaute, talking about the pet pathing issue:
    What I can promise is that 14.8 hopefully will see a number of changes happen to our mission dungeons. They will get a major overhaul, making them look and hopefully play, very much differently. There will be bigger and longer rooms with more interesting gameplay. This will actually help a lot as it is in the transitions from one small room to the other that the pets are struggeling the most.
    Naima - Sorcerer of Atlantean, at the service of the Clans since 29475