Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Bring Back Guildless Pvp Flagging!!!

Unhappy Please Bring Back Guildless Pvp Flagging!!!

There is a guildless clan fixer in GA that is camping our towers, whenever we go to kill him he recklessly digitizes. A little bit later he comes back after we leave and does it again. Also this being christmas eve its kind of a kick in the face. And its 3am i logged in to check our towers again and did a count of them missing another (little bastard is STILL on). He says hes gonna keep doing this til our towers are all gone. (ie hes staying up 24 7 trying to take out our towers when alot of my guild is out for christmas or sleeping). Is this the way NW is supposed to be played? That a guildless can exploit the fact that he is guildless to take out towers for his guild? The only way to beat him would be to kill him repeatedly or build more towers then he can kill. Why should my guild have to add some little **** to their friends lists and stand there 24 7 to make sure he doesnt take out any more?
    Its just made worse that he can fixer grid in and do it again and again then when someone shows up just reckless digitize then wait for us to leave. BRING BACK GUILDLESS PVP FLAGGING TO THEIR OWN FACTIONS TOO. This bull**** sickens me.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    2001-12-31 09:59:51
    Subscription Type
    Anarchy Online 1-month recurring
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

If one fixer is able to destroy your base, you really need to upgrade it But I agree with you on one thing, if someone touch your base he should be PvP flagged for atleast 1 hour. Atleast this would give you the time to kill that mother ****ing ***hole trying to ruin your time/credits. When people attack your base, their base go 25% but thats not enough, sometime you dont even know where their bases are or they just got some useless ql10 tower that nobody beside twinks can take out...

I got a better idea........

Put up a scarecrow of an NT. Fixers will avoid the place like the plague
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Nice one
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Unhappy

Its not that its one little fixer attacking our towers that makes me mad its that the lil ******* is GUILDLESS. We dont know what guild is doing this so we cant just go attack their bases in retribution. Somehow i dont think that someone (unless they bring new meaning to the word loser) would spend the 18 hours or so it would take to kill our base for no reason. Im mad at having to rush to the base over and over to fight someone who just runs away then comes back after we leave. I think guildless should not be able to attack towers at all or at least must be teamed with people who are in a guild. And btw hes nowhere near killed our base he just took out a few towers but its dam annoying.
    Last edited by Aelyth; Dec 25th, 2002 at 21:26:02.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    Subscription Type
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

If he is the same faction as you, then he can only attack your base while it is 5%, that is 1 hour a day. That's pretty far from 24/7 as you describe it.

There is a guildless clan fixer in GA that is camping our towers,

we arent clan
    Last edited by Aelyth; Dec 25th, 2002 at 22:24:33.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    Subscription Type
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

Then he can camp it for 6 hours, max. Still a far cry from 24/7.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I didnt mean he was killing our towers 24 7 and yes i know the % changes from time to time he says hes gonna do it over and over and over again i mean that he is taking advantage of every opportunity to attack our towers over a 24 hour period. It doesnt really do that much its just really annoying. Anyway what does this have to do with the subject hes trying to kill our towers as much as he can and gridding himself when we come to attack him.
    im mad that a guildless can sit there and annoy a whole guild by being an ass and theres not too much we can do about it except do silly things to counter him (remember he reckless digitizes when attacked)
    Last edited by Aelyth; Dec 25th, 2002 at 23:01:23.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    Subscription Type
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

hmm can't you put one guildie near the omni trade exit in the grid, then track where he goes after that with a 2nd guildie (I.E. he runs to tir, guildie 2 follows him) then gank him in Tir, since he must be flagged, and if he RDs again do the same, keep one in the grid to track him and just keep following him. You must have an NT or 2 in the guild no? He can't be that hard to track, and when you get him, find where he is rezzing in Tir and rez kill him 20 or 30 times, telling him you are going to just keep doing it till you get bored.

LOL i hadnt thought of that thats a really fun idea thanx gonna give that a good old try
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    Subscription Type
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

Well if that works, then I am confused about the original post....the guildless fixer gets pvp flagged or not?
    If he/she does get the flag I can't see any exploit going on, just a loser with nothing to do.
    And if there is no flag the idea won't work and you'll get fried at Tir grid exit.

And also if you are Omni/neut (didn't look up but you said you weren't clan), why do you request "BRING BACK GUILDLESS PVP FLAGGING TO THEIR OWN FACTIONS TOO", I don't mean to be rude I am just confused, if the fixer was a clanner?

Do you mean we cannot kill pvp flagged players of the same faction anymore?

If I was you I would hide couple of soldier agents and NTs at your base and kill him with a coordinated alpha, or maybe a Nanoshutdown would be more overkill.
    And you only have to protect your base for 5 hours a day unless he also use some exploit to attack the base when not in 25%-5% period.
    Contacting a GM might work if he constantly confess to do this just to annoy the hell out of your guild.

Hope you get rid of the "bug"
    All the ducks are swimming in the water

Sorry wat i meant is bring back pvp flagging where your own faction can take u out too sorry for the bad topic had just gotten back home from a christmas party. I cant see any reason for an unguilded to try and kill a tower cept to replace it with a tower from his faction. Would eliminate the whole problem. As it is we listen for tower attack messages and sneak up and alpha him. I would like it better if nonaligned couldnt attack towers at all it doesnt really make much sense that they can cuz its supposed to be a guild on guild thing. Can u imagine what would happen if a guild decided to have a bunch of guildless kill towers for them? no way to know wat guild is doing it and not much u can do about it.
    Last edited by Aelyth; Dec 26th, 2002 at 02:00:44.
    Ilratha
    Aelyth
    Ilaeth
    Ilenia
    Saolyth
    Account Created
    Subscription Type
    Registered Add-Ons
    Notum Wars

Smile My thoughts ...

I think this problem needs to be talked about. This is an extreme case to be sure, but it brings up a broader problem. The strategy of hitting a base and running when defenders come is A GRIEFER STRATEGY. All it accomplishes is making the defenders waste their time and effort running to the base. The attacker never fights, and just comes back later when it is undefended.

FUNCOM, FIX THIS PROBLEM!

At one point Funcom stated that shield neutralizers would be expensive to prevent this. This is not the case .. they are cheap and reusable. And as far as I know, an attacker can use it once then be free to attack for an unlimited time period.

My suggestion is:
    - Increase the price on neutralizers.
    - Make them charge-based so they are used up.
    - Make the effect of the neutralizer go away if the attacker leaves the suppression area of the base for more than 10 minutes so they need to use a neutralizer again.

Funcom, please listen! Please do what you can to make NW fun, and not a paradise for griefers and exploiters. We understand that AO will never be a perfectly functional ballanced game system. We endure a lot of flaws, technical problems, and broken promises for the love of the game and because of friendships in the community. Players who are not PvP oriented are rolling with the game changes and making the most of it even though they seem custom tailored to the wishes of the small PvP community while requests by the equally small roleplaying community are ignored. Please address this obvious flaw with the system. Sorry for my winded reply, but this makes me mad sometimes .
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Re: My thoughts ...

Originally posted by Szentasha
    My suggestion is:
    - Increase the price on neutralizers.
    - Make them charge-based so they are used up.
    - Make the effect of the neutralizer go away if the attacker leaves the suppression area of the base for more than 10 minutes so they need to use a neutralizer again.

Funcom, please listen! Please do what you can to make NW fun, and not a paradise for griefers and exploiters.
    Agreed, one other possible change would be to make the shield neutralizers cost credits to use. Amounts could go from 100k for a low ql neutralizer to several mill for the highest level. This would put the brakes on a lot of griefing.

Here's my suggestion.....let him take out your base and start a holy war on the guild that puts up towers there. If he is doing it for another guild.....they should be there right after your controller drops.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Originally posted by Ilratha
    Its not that its one little fixer attacking our towers that makes me mad its that the lil ******* is GUILDLESS. We dont know what guild is doing this so we cant just go attack their bases in retribution. Somehow i dont think that someone (unless they bring new meaning to the word loser) would spend the 18 hours or so it would take to kill our base for no reason. Im mad at having to rush to the base over and over to fight someone who just runs away then comes back after we leave. I think guildless should not be able to attack towers at all or at least must be teamed with people who are in a guild. And btw hes nowhere near killed our base he just took out a few towers but its dam annoying.
    www.ymera.com has records of which guild I was in back to lvl 36 for DG... might wanna check out your fixer there, see what guild he came from, and start looking for that guild's base.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

I distinctly remembering FC saying in an article that they were specifically trying to prevent griefing like this. More to the point, the article said shield disablers would be expensive and hard to get.

They are neither.

I think personally that guildless should be allowed to fight in Tower Wars (but definitely WITH PvP flag), but that they should under NO circumstances be allowed to take a shield down. That way they can still join an attack or defense, but they cant start things. It's guild against guild, not griefing loners versus guild. A guildless cant put towers anyway, so there is no real reason to start a tower fight.

Also, make the shield disablers a Tower quest thing, make it so you have to kill a high lvl unique (or uniques plural, as there will be a whole lotta campin' goin' on), because nowadays ppl start fights when Tara is down, or they have noone to team with, or they just plain enjoy griefing.

Being able to buy the danged shield disablers in the Tower shop is a just inviting ppl to grief, practically giving them permission to do so.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Pleeeeaase don't make them drop off some level 280 mob that takes 3 solid teams 30 minutes to kill... Think about what you are saying. Why not just make them cost alot of money to use?

Originally posted by Ilratha
    I can understand your dismay, but this is not a problem with someone who is guildless... its a problem with the strength of the towers. No tower should be able to be taken down by one character... thats at least half the reason why base defense is so difficult.

The other thing I'd like to point out is that I participated in several defenses and raids as a guildless player. I did not resort to underhanded tactics like this... but I would have been very very upset if I had to stand around like an idiot not doing anything because someone decided that guildless shouldn't be allowed to support their side.

Jaesic

edit to add:

I also seriously disagree with the idea of the problem being with the shield disabler. These things are consumed by use (the ones i've used were anyway). While they aren't hard to get or particularly expensive... you do have to be able to get to the center of the base to use them... a fixer might have an easy way out afterwards... but anyone else is going to get shot at a few times trying to get back out again.
    Last edited by Jaesic; Jan 4th, 2003 at 03:01:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast