Thread: bugs, bugs, and more bugs

Angry i hate rubber banding!!

This game would totally rock, were it not for the many annoying bugs that make me choose the SN that I did. Aside from the losing IP bug(only cuz it has happened only a few times) the bug that really gets me is the backtracking bug. I can walk from point A to point B and it just pulls me back to point A. This makes it EXTREMELY frustrating when trying to get somewhere, or running for dear life and IP. Currently I am stuck in a valley by Stret Wset Bank and have been trying to get out for about a half hour to no avail. I'd like to get back to town so I can save my char before some Omni fool comes along and sticks it to me. Where are the GM's. I used to play Ultima Online and when ever there was a problem I could contact a GM to help me get unstuck or whatever the problem was. Cmon FunCom 13 bucks a month should be enough for you to hire some GM's to help us little guys out there. Sheesh P.S. this backtracking thing happens when my Ping is 20 too!!! so I know it isn't my connection.
    Last edited by mad as hell; Dec 25th, 2002 at 02:50:01.

Re: i hate rubber banding!!

Originally posted by mad as hell
    Cmon FunCom 13 bucks a month should be enough for you to hire some GM's to help us little guys out there. Sheesh
    amen for some REAL ingame support

Bump. I hate when I file a petition, see that I'm 22 in line (or whatever), and 15 minutes later I'm still 22 in line. Funcom gets an F for they're handling of petitions.

./petition stuck usualy get you a friendly ARK in less then 2 minutes. If he have to get a GM to get you out of there it might take some time.

And please remember that its holiday seasons. ARK are on holiday, and there sure is fewer GMs around.

Question rubber-band

Hello everyone!

Should Funcom read the bugs reported here, I've had the same experience as "mad as hell." I call it "room hiccups." I see it mostly in missions. I get popped back one, two or even three rooms while running through the mission. This happens whether I'm in a team mission or solo mission. It does not happen during times of lag - Ping rate is green. I also noticed that this issue started after the last patch was applied.

I also had an odd situation last night while zoning into Omni-Ent. My character appeared to have zoned but then I popped back outside and could not move. Apparently, my character sat down at the portal. I stood up and was able to zone again. Another character I was playing with had the same experience but at a different zone (Rome Blue High Rise 7). If anyone has the same experience, try having the character stand up to see if it helps.

Good Hunting Everyone and Happy New Year!

Re: rubber-band

Originally posted by IncDoc
    Hello everyone!

Should Funcom read the bugs reported here, I've had the same experience as "mad as hell." I call it "room hiccups." I see it mostly in missions. I get popped back one, two or even three rooms while running through the mission. This happens whether I'm in a team mission or solo mission. It does not happen during times of lag - Ping rate is green. I also noticed that this issue started after the last patch was applied.

I also had an odd situation last night while zoning into Omni-Ent. My character appeared to have zoned but then I popped back outside and could not move. Apparently, my character sat down at the portal. I stood up and was able to zone again. Another character I was playing with had the same experience but at a different zone (Rome Blue High Rise 7). If anyone has the same experience, try having the character stand up to see if it helps.

Good Hunting Everyone and Happy New Year!
    I also get dragged back... its VERY annoying when blitzing, i died many times cuz of this, and sometimes i get black doors when this happens.
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Apprentice Superman "Mrsteel" Dejavu - 217
    TL 7 Clan Enforcer God Father, Alien level 14
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Veteran Points: 36.
    Waiting for Age of Conan.
    Rest in Peace Beardedone, you will be missed.