Thread: How about this for a new race on the next expansion?

How about this for a new race on the next expansion?

What do you think about this if Funcom made this a new race.

Cyborg:
    Created by 2 crazy unnamed People. A Nano-Technician Created the Body design and the machines for mass production and given the will to live and think for it's self by a Meta-Physicist . No one know's were the mass production machines are not even the Cyborgs themselves. But are capable of doing any class. But originally made to be a warrior.

On creation you'll have the option of humanoid legs or have your bottem half look like a yalm. (expect you only hover 5 feet off the ground). They also have a higher regen rate. When lvling you can only spend ip on skills but not on abilities those have to improved through implants. and is the only breed able to see in the dark from the start.

You'll look like the terminator cyborgs in the movies.

The original post

Would be interesting, but I really don't like adding new breeds for things. There's already enough to balence, the last thing we need is a new profession/breed, I think.

~Chris

I think it would be great to play a cyborg enforce. with a hover bottem

Wink

I dont realy like the idee with adding new breeds, the races we have now covers all the difrent feelds...
    I'm Tarzim the NT
    Member of Band of Brothers

Talking

How about aliens then? and I don't mean ones from different countries.

*wonders*
    Doesn't the AO storyline say that there aren't any aliens?
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

I believe Eremites are the only aliens on Rubi Ka.

How about the Enigmas? I remember reading something before launch about them.

theres a storyline? i thought the story was
    broken shores / tara
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

Originally posted by SplitFridge
    theres a storyline? i thought the story was
    broken shores / tara
    lol

what about a leet with no legs but instead is on wheels?
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

From AO BAsher :

FAQ
    What are the Shadowlands?
    The Shadowlands is a collection of nine new regions on Rubi-Ka. However, this is not the Rubi-Ka that people are currently familiar with, these are areas from a strange, alternate reality.

How will I appear once in the Shadowlands?
    When a player enters the Shadowlands, they will take on their "true form". This means that Omni-Tek characters will take on an evil and demonic avatar, while Clan characters will take on a good and angelic avatar.

How can I get into the Shadowlands?
    Access to the Shadowlands will be through "Portals" in the normal Rubi-Ka that can be found in the city of Jobe.

Are there any restrictions for entering the Shadowlands?
    The only restriction to using the "Portals" will be that you are over level forty

What is the city of Jobe?
    The city of Jobe is a new playfield, found in normal Rubi-Ka, which will come with the expansion and is a neutral city located south of Omni-1. Jobe is a floating city that was created, by a group of twenty-eight renegade Nano-Technicians and Meta-Physicists, to research nano technology.

What do the Shadowlands look like?
    Although little is known about the Shadowlands, it is described as the "World Of Shadows" and is said to have a vortex in the sky and an aurora borealis at night.

Will the expansion pack contain new items?
    The expansion pack is set to include completely new range of items, including unique objects, profession specific armours, weapons and nano-programs.

Will the new items be available in special places?
    While it is not yet known how new items will be obtained, it is almost certain that several will be available from new static dungeons that are being introduced with the expansion. These static dungeons will be unique in the sense that for the first time they will have both indoor and outdoor sections to give them a much more open feel.

Can I show off and trade my new items to my friends without the expansion pack?
    Players without the expansion pack will be able to see the items obtained by those who do, but they will no be able to own or use any of these objects.

What else will be new with the Shadowlands expansion pack?
    As well as playfields and items, the expansion pack will contain more new additions such as monsters, graphics, music and modified breeds.

How will I benefit from a modified breed?
    After level fifty, all players with the expansion will be given "Specialization Points" that allow them to customise their breed and profession in order to concentrate on certain skills. These choices will give players a chance to become more unique and create more diversity among professions and breeds.

If I'm over level fifty will I lose by ability to modify my breed?
    Players who are over level fifty when the Shadowlands expansion arrives will still get all of the "Specialization Points" that they are due to receive up to their current level.

Will the level cap of two hundred be increased with the Shadowlands expansion?
    Originally it was announced that the expansion pack would not bring an increase to the level cap, but since news has been released that its release has been delayed, there have been hints that it may be considered nearer the time.

When is the Shadowlands expansion being released?
    Shadowlands was originally scheduled for a released in the fourth quarter of 2002 but has since been pushed back to the first half of 2003.
    So skills specialization will be the closest you'll get from a new breed.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

aliens

hello? ofcourse there can be aliens on RubiKa,but not as breeds for players to choose from.. We could have an new war thingy with aliens on the shadowlands?? Not that the Omni-Clan war isnt enough,hehe.....
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade