Thread: Quality vs. Content

Quality vs. Content

There seems to be two types of suggestions on this forum, fix things and add things.

The purpose of this post? Which is more important to players? The Add things get lots of replies, which would indicate that there is a large crowd who want new things added (Viro's sheathing post is a good example). There fix things threads tend to be more emotional and sometimes factual with data that is useful on how the system appears to work (ADV forum fix multi-weild thread is a good example of this type).

So my question is this....which of the two things is most important? Is it more important that things get fixed to make gameplay more smoothe, to eliminate rubberbanding and other major things? OR is it more important that FC keeps adding neat and new spiffy things? I figure you can only pick one. Read the AO FAQ, in there its basically said that there isn't the manpower or time to do both (its not stated in those words, but its the bottom line).

Since I can't seem to start a poll here it is.
    What is a better use of Funcom's time and effort?
    1. Fix problems currently existing in the game, such as lag, client-server issues (IE Rubberbanding/Black Doors).

or

2. Add new content that the players request (such as Soldier skills and Weapon sheathing seem to keep popping up in this Forum)

At this point, I'd say that fixes are needed way more than content.
    .: Naraya :.

Fix stuff.

Then again, it's not as simple as that, because in order to fix certain things, adding content is necessary.

But yes, fixing problems that exist at the moment would be preferred.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

Or rather, add new things that work without needing much fixing. You spend too much timing fixing stuff and oddly enough, people here start complaining that FC NEVER adds new stuff. People are never happy :P

Bump for.

add stuff that works and doesnt need fixing.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.