Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarabot and its owners

"What will get you banned"

"- Consistent disregard for our cooperative effort."

This rule does not take level into account. Otherwise, sub 150s could directly compete with the tarabot community without punishment. Then, later, those same sub 150s, who directly competed with the tarabot community and who showed a constant disregard to the tarabot communities efforts, were allowed to join tarabot with no questions asked, other than, "did you review the rules?" More or less, having committed those acts then allowed to join would be slap in the face to everyone in the tarabot community.

Originally posted by Morelian
    So we have a rule now that if the 125 guys try to kill Tara they aren't allowed in Tarabot?

I think a group of 140-150 folks can kill tara, 2 teams for sure, but I can't see them doing it with the Tarabot crew there at the same time.

IMO permabanning them is wrong....

No, a ban from tarabot isnt wrong. IF you want to try to compete against us directly, more power to you. But when you loose, you cant come back saying "Well, I tried it my way, and it did not work. So now ill join you guys to get what I want"

If you want to try, and negate the effort of the combined clans that go for tara, then you cant complain when you are later excluded from those that partake. You cant have your cake and eat it to.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Gold
    19 teams of 125's couldn't kill Tarasque, so why in the world would u be allowed to take a part of the loot?
    Not taking sides or anything , but i want you to Ask Ryo/Disciple/me/Yppo/shani/shex/Fryli what lvl we were when Tarsque first appeared , and ask how many teams it took to bring her down Hell for that matter ask Wolfe of Storm too , im sure he remebers around what lvl he and his friends were

(for the blind , we were all around 100 - 140 )

Not to mention the n00bs in Dark carnival!
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Brutal Truuth

Not taking sides or anything , but i want you to Ask Ryo/Disciple/me/Yppo/shani/shex/Fryli what lvl we were when Tarsque first appeared , and ask how many teams it took to bring her down Hell for that matter ask Wolfe of Storm too , im sure he remebers around what lvl he and his friends were

(for the blind , we were all around 100 - 140 )
    Yeah, but cutie...That was when Tara FIRST appeared. She has a lil more bite now, u know that.

Can you do it NOW with lowlevels?

As for myself...I don't see a problem with sub 150's trying to kill off tara, without using tarabot in any way (that is, they can't log in a higher alt to find out spawntime etc). I really don't see a problem with them trying to kill Tara, I mean...we won't let them play with us, why should they follow our rules? HOWEVER, once they hit 150+ and can join Tarabot, I think different rules apply. Cuz at that level they have a choice to join the joint effort...and if people make their own killteams (we all know this has happened) then it would make Tara FFA, and we would all lose. Only a very few would defend (there are some that go there for the pvp still) and they would get raped. Everyone would be down at T-room, trying to do the most dmg, and omnis would win.

But I don't expect anyone to follow my rules while at the same time being excluded from the nice stuff. But I am not an admin, I don't make rules for others, I just live by my own.

Oh, and btw...if a twink team of level 149's is created and they manage to outdmg Mina and survive...I will be most impressed.

Gold, i think you can.. Tara might gotten a boost, But then it got nerfed again... really, the only thing that is different now is MA crits self and a Tarasque AOE.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Acambot is only whiny when im not there

The funny thing is that I have said the same thing that asmoran has said from time to time, (about wanting to take my bot down)

Oh well... It all works out in the long run ;p
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Not to attack you defenders of tarabot but.

Ok , the system is perhaps great as you put it now, everyone can now get items if they are lucky enough to win.

But **** , banning 125 ( lower or higher ) just because they want to / attacked Tarasque without logging on to Tarabot first ? Serioulsy common people?

Let them assing 1-3 teams , let them try to attack Tarasque if they win , let them have the damn loot and gratulate them for actually managing to kill tarasque at level 125. The worst thing that could happen is that they die and the level 150ies get the kill instead ?

Me personaly think you are high on yourself with Tarabot and all the administration.

But im not gonna oppose the system. Neither work against it , its just my tought about it.

<-- Reflection Perfection

But still a noob

I have never had any problems with the Omni Community of Tara raiders, everything seems to be very fair and the level limit used to be 130 so when I was 130 I was able to enter for any raffle I wanted.

But, yah, I have heard lots of **** about the clanners way of doing things in there. Seems to be alot of greedy *******s.
    Cronosingh - 220 Engineer
    Cronomedius - 220 Doctor
    Melgaroth - 220 Bureaucrat
    Cronoshaed - 2** Shade

Leave these poor hard-working people alone for crying out loud... Organizing a Tara Raid has got to be one MAJOR headache, and when people flame them, it doesn't make things easier...

Last night, myself and a friend where down waiting for Morgan Lafey to show so I could get her Torture Tool. Some people asked that we leave the dungeon so it could respawn. When they explained what they wanted, we had no problem leaving and coming back. They then helped us drop Morgan as we most likely would not have been able to do it alone. The Tool did not drop, but if it did, they would have given it to me, the nice people they are...

I then talked to the raid leader a bit, and she is by FAR one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet on AO in a looooong time. And when I reach the appropriate level, ( Only 137 ATM ) I would be honored to lend a hand in one of her raids, recieving loot or not.

Yes, everyone wants the loot, but some people just have to be patient. Serve your time in Newland to BS, and get 150, then come back, and you can have your fair chance. But don't flame these people, they don't deserve that. And certainly not for YOU being too low a level... Ya don't hear me whining do ya? I'd love the Aura Magnifier, among other things, but am content to work for what I want.

This opinion brought to you from someone not in the loop, mearly an outside observer in the same position as the flamer, with a better attitude. =)
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Originally posted by Xixxxor
    I have never had any problems with the Omni Community of Tara raiders, everything seems to be very fair and the level limit used to be 130 so when I was 130 I was able to enter for any raffle I wanted.

But, yah, I have heard lots of **** about the clanners way of doing things in there. Seems to be alot of greedy *******s.

So your saying.... what? We should allow the lvl 2 noob that wanders in to be a part of it? I think not. THere has to be a line in the sand.

IF there were no penalties for going against tarabot, then... everyone would do it. And then the "community" system would fall apart. Then everyone and ther mother would be down there with damage teams. No one would guard box. Omni would roll in, and we would all die.

Im sorry, but their has to be some guidelines about all of it. IF we let everyone come on down, and create lag, and dmg spam, and possibly causeing LD's cause of it. it interferes with the "community effort"

IF you are going to try and cause problems with the "community" then you cantr whine when they dont want you to be a part of it. period. If you cant see this, then you are blind.

Click to email me

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Gold, i think you can.. Tara might gotten a boost, But then it got nerfed again... really, the only thing that is different now is MA crits self and a Tarasque AOE.
    I would like to see it...2 teams, players ranging between 125 and 149...

We won't see it, but I would like to...

I don't agree that sub 150's should have to obey by rules and yet not be able to share the loot...I don't think they should be allowed to share the loot though. So, I personally think they should be allowed to make their own kt's...BUT, I don't run tarabot, I don't set the rules. And I am going to follow the rules, cuz tarabot is the best thing out there (for clanners)...

and it's not really hard to level to 150...I've done it a few times now...so, if u really want the taraloot, and u don't have the $$...level

kill mobs

get xp

level

it's just that easy

I go to camelot to have some fun, if omni is there, even greater!

I love to bug those silly omnis when i blitz down and mess with omni KTs

Originally posted by Morelian
    So we have a rule now that if the 125 guys try to kill Tara they aren't allowed in Tarabot?

I think a group of 140-150 folks can kill tara, 2 teams for sure, but I can't see them doing it with the Tarabot crew there at the same time.

IMO permabanning them is wrong....
    Totally agree With Morelian.
    150- trying their chance on tarra banned from your system, and considered like bugs...
    Pathetic...
    I just cant understand that.
    Let players do what they want in their young days, they are free and shouldnt be punished for this kind of things. Its like A threat :'Accept oour rules or be banned from our system forever. signed = God and his minions'
    You are not a tribunal, its really .... damn, i find no words...

BEURK

Originally posted by Doubleborgne

Totally agree With Morelian.
    150- trying their chance on tarra banned from your system, and considered like bugs...
    Pathetic...
    I just cant understand that.
    Let players do what they want in their young days, they are free and shouldnt be punished for this kind of things. Its like A threat :'Accept oour rules or be banned from our system forever. signed = God and his minions'
    You are not a tribunal, its really .... damn, i find no words...

BEURK
    The reasons for the rules are quite logical though.

For a lowbie team to get access to tara, they need to use the protection from the tarabot crew, or else they will be wiped out like bugs by the omnis.

But, it's quite simple. If you don't like it, you don't have to follow the rules. Just find a better solution than tarabot. Get enough people to back you and it won't be a problem. Just because tarabot is the best atm, doesn't mean it is the only and the best system. Just like democracy, it's considered the best system atm, but it's not without flaws.

So, instead of whining that you managed to level a char to 125 (wow, must have taken a week) and can't get the uber fat loot that you in no way will be able to help get...make a better system and all power to you. And loot.

Fortunaly for me, i am omni.
    I rerrolled a char and will not go to tara since i am level 130-140.
    But if i want to have fun with tara, when being 150+, i will be able to have , without any threat from My Side Peoples.
    Of course, if they ask me to do some things to help them, like killing the clans inside, dont stay in tara room cause of lagg, etc... i will. i will because there will be no threat on my head.

If my memory is good, it it something which is called "Respect".

When i see that you ban a guy 1506 Forever from your systeme just because he wanted to try his chance, or simply to have, i must say that the only thing you merit is a good old Roleplaying Ninja Loot
    Last edited by Cruchot; Jan 4th, 2003 at 13:16:22.

I am kinda new to AO, I was wondering ....

Why doesnt any guilds do Tara in-guild?

Has it been tried before?

I am not saying that cross-org cooperation is a bad thing. Just used to EQ where most guilds goals were to make themselves stronger(not always a good thing, not always a bad thing).

Cheers,
    Sepaku
    129 Atrox Fixer

Originally posted by Sepaku
    I am kinda new to AO, I was wondering ....

Why doesnt any guilds do Tara in-guild?

Has it been tried before?

I am not saying that cross-org cooperation is a bad thing. Just used to EQ where most guilds goals were to make themselves stronger(not always a good thing, not always a bad thing).
    It's a 25% suppression zone. It was originally an organization thing, but escalated to a faction thing. It would be very difficult for a single organization to take down Tarasque while defending against the other faction.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

2cents

Few comments on this post:
    1. After days and days of bunny bashing and missioning to climb up the level ladder, you need something to look forward 2. Despite the fact that Tara raids usually consist of more sitting on you butt than anything else (or getting rooted by khozz and having two queen blade wielding omni smash my poor lil trader), it still is a priviledge. It's like a reward that comes with dinging 150 and I feel there must be limits in place so that there are actually things to look forward to in this game at higher lvls.

2. I also left the game for over 9 months and played in the pre-tara days. What I have observed is that not only have the admins been extremely friendly, they have also tolerated more drama and BS than I could ever stand. The same questions over and over again and dealing with the same drama.
    When you flame someone or something, I think it serves you much better to come with a viable alternative instead of a simple whine.

Thanks to the creator and the admins for running a good show

Tarabot = pwnage

Click to email me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast