Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarabot and its owners

Tarabot and its owners

What is wrong with you people? Ive heard so much **** about your short tempers and your high and mighty attitudes

I may be mistaken, But i was told that you must be 125+ to enter the camelot castle to be able to fight tara, then i go to sign up for the tara bt, trying to be fair and its 150+ ok, FC set a level req for a reason, where is it your place to set your own?

We all pay to play this game as much as you, your not paying some premium fee to get control of the game, we all want a chance at thes eitems and we are forced out of it because all you people decide that you want control.

To FC, DELETE TARASQUE! all it causes is idiocy and selfishness, it would do you alot of good to either nerf it so people dont want to do it or make these people forcing others into things that are wrong lay off

I pay my monthly fee and i am 125+ i should be allowed a fair shot at tarasque just like everyone else.

-end rant

stop whining
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

um hum..

I applaud you for your oh so constructive reply split, im sure thats going to get you far.. the bottom line is something needs to be done, its not whining its asking for a more enjoyable game, yes im sure the 10 or so people running the tara bot like it, because they can do what they wantbasically, FC allowing this at all was ridiculous.

Basicly the lvl 150+ players kill tara and then raffle the loot, if u are lvl 125, I would like to see 2 teams with lvl 125 players kill tara, if u manage to kill him/her i agree with u...
    And of course i doubt u would kill him
    moon meeh

You are free to attack Tara whenever you want, but you think you can kill it?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    You are free to attack Tara whenever you want, but you think you can kill it?
    Well actually... I think if they aren't being outdamaged by a stronger team and/or aren't killed by the other side, they probably could.

If it weren't for pvp and lag around it, and if it weren't an 18h spawn, I'm sure there would be level 125s going and killing the turkey. Most of the stuff it drops is level limited around that anyway, and Tara might actually be a challenge for two or three teams of 125s. It's obviously an encounter 'designed' to be interesting/challenging to people in the level 100-150 range.

The loot is kind of schizophrenic though - most of it is limited to the low 100s on level, and is great for that level but mediocre or worse later on. But then, some of it is the best stuff in the entire game for certain professions (mainly, GPH).

Of course since there didn't used to be anything else, people who were 150+ went, and for us, it's just a loot farm.
    Last edited by Jynne; Dec 24th, 2002 at 15:29:41.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Videlle, Tarabot is an alliance of players with the goals of PvPing, killing and looting tarasque. Funcom does not run Tarabot. Funcom controls the dungeon, mobs and items on the mobs.

The dungeon and mobs do not have a level requirements, but some of the items do. Such as level 120 on the Aura Magnifier, or level 130 on dragon armor.

The Tarabot community simply asks you be 150+ if you wish to join in their efforts, but that doesn't mean you are excluded in your own efforts. Again, Funcom has no level requirement on the dungeon. You're more than welcome to try anytime you wish, as Azzazzimon already stated.

Although, please note that if you are attempting to kill the dragon on your own you will be considered as going against the collective efforts of the Tarabot community and will be banned from entering the Tarabot community when you reach 150.

The irony is that they tell you, "you can't join now, but you're free to try on your own." But, if you try on your own you won't be able to join. (Unless this has changed.)

Re: Tarabot and its owners

What is wrong with you people? Ive heard so much **** about your short tempers and your high and mighty attitudes

Hardly high and mighty. It is quite difficult to create a working system for division of loot, and rules have to be made.

I may be mistaken, But i was told that you must be 125+ to enter the camelot castle to be able to fight tara, then i go to sign up for the tara bt, trying to be fair and its 150+ ok, FC set a level req for a reason, where is it your place to set your own?

We set it because there would simply be far too many people coming (at least, I would think that this is the reason, I'm on RK2, so I don't know all of the politics involved in RK1 Tara.) Also, level 150+ players simply have more to contribute to the raid - more damage / better healing / better buffs - and it seems logical that they gain the loot.

We all pay to play this game as much as you, your not paying some premium fee to get control of the game, we all want a chance at thes eitems and we are forced out of it because all you people decide that you want control.

"Tarabot" (or Clannet on RK2) isn't owned specifically by 1 person. Think of it as an agreement of all the players that frequent tarasque. The collective group of players in this agreement merely support this. We don't have control over it. If you, and a group of level 125's, could outdamage the damage team designated for the Tarabot agreement, you could most certainly help yourself to it. However, this is most likely not to succeed (since people obviously do more damage at higher levels). As it has been said before, you will not be allowed to join Tarabot/clannet later on, but that's your own choice to make.

To FC, DELETE TARASQUE! all it causes is idiocy and selfishness, it would do you alot of good to either nerf it so people dont want to do it or make these people forcing others into things that are wrong lay off

It gives people something to do, and it would give an unfair advantage (especially the nodrop items) to people who already have the items.

I pay my monthly fee and i am 125+ i should be allowed a fair shot at tarasque just like everyone else.

Then go get a team together and kill Tarasque and hope to outdamage the Tarabot/Clannet people. Go ahead, try. Your argument is that it causes problems, that is not true. Without it, there would be far more *****ing/selfishness on all the sides involved.

Tarabot and its supporters don't "own" tara, they are just the greatest force there, and therefore end up winning the loot 90% of the time. Any questions?

~Chris

Originally posted by SplitFridge
    stop whining
    : ) well put master Fire

The problem sometimes stems not from Tarabot, but from the admins that belive they can boot people for speaking their mind, complaining, etc.

But none of this has happened to me, so I really don't care. Seems to work well as long as no rigging is going on, but I'd imagine those are just rumors.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    The problem sometimes stems not from Tarabot, but from the admins that belive they can boot people for speaking their mind, complaining, etc.

But none of this has happened to me, so I really don't care. Seems to work well as long as no rigging is going on, but I'd imagine those are just rumors.
    The admins don't have the ability to rig a raffle. Any true rigging could only be done by me, and I'm not going to sacrifice my personal integrity for a game.

I don't even go to tara anymore unless I'm asked (e.g. omni present, not enough people for KT, no admin available).
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Will people stop rooting for the damn underdogs.

=P

haha

This is what i was told by asmoran himself..

"if you are under 150 and you want to participate in the raid, you can ask me or any other admin to invite you to chat..you just won't be able to raffle"

He also told me that there is no such rule about people under 150 going on there own, against tarabot being bnned, so people, storm that castle and get your own loot.

Also he says that Its a monopoly that works well because the people decide how it should be, when i ask who the people are, he said flat out, the 150+ people.

He claims to want nothing to do with it, but the man who invented the atom bomb is still responsible for the deaths of millions. (if it were ever used)

P.S. for those of you that dont know, Asmoran is the man behind the bot, he wrote Tarabot, yes it may have been a good program but its misused now and he allows it.
    Last edited by Codeena; Dec 28th, 2002 at 19:05:03.

I dunno... Its really pretty ez

yea, if you ever seen aomniraids or acambot, its a constant arguement...

Tarabot is for Tara, not about venting your whines.

Step 1. You got a beef? take it up on the boards, or privately after the raid, not in tarachat during a raid.

It not that hard to understand. Did this explain it? if no, goto Step 1.

The only people banned are those who really push it to the limit and beyond.

For christs sake you got 60 people, personally i cant think of a better way to do it. It works and it works well.

And if you read the boards, theres always new things voted on.

It seems to work for those who particapate (LIKE ME).

I really dont think Tarabot is misused. To get in raffles there are only like 2 rules.. you be 150+ and you be clan for 30 days. How hard is that?

Re: haha

Well, since you still insist on continuing your hostility toward me even after I've attempted to be friendly and helpful in answering your questions, I'll take a more abrupt position here:

Originally posted by Videlle
    He also told me that there is no such rule about people under 150 going on there own, against tarabot being bnned, so people, storm that castle and get your own loot.
    If you compete with the tarabot crew, you won't be allowed to join that same group later. This really should be common sense. Think about it -- if your organization was killing Ljotur and my organization came and tried to KS it, how would you respond? Check my signature.

Also he says that Its a monopoly that works well because the people decide how it should be, when i ask who the people are, he said flat out, the 150+ people.
    Monopoly was your word. And yes, the 150+ people. Guess what -- they are the ones that support it and make it work. You're level 129 or 130 or something... getting to 150 is trivial. You talk about how you just don't have time. Well, if you don't have time to get a few levels, what makes you think you have time to take down Tarasque? Assuming this wasn't a community effort, how many times do you think you'd have to throw yourself against 40 omni in Camelot in order to kill that dragon even once. Getting to 150 is easier. Much easier.

He claims to want nothing to do with it, but the man who invented the atom bomb is still responsible for the deaths of millions. (if it were ever used)
    To rebut, I'll be equally lame and say: Guns don't kill people -- people do. Are you also going to blame Ford Motor Company for all of the car accidents caused by Ford drivers? Not only is this argument stupid, but it's inaccurate and weakens your own position. I still run the bot; Ford doesn't drive your car.

P.S. for those of you that dont know, Asmoran is the man behind the bot, he wrote Tarabot, yes it may have been a good program but its misused now and he allows it.
    This is your perception of the matter. Frankly, after reading your post after our discussion, I'm perfectly content classifying you as yet another whiner. You are not interested in discussing it objectively.

If you truly want to see change, then get off your butt and do something about it. It's quite funny to me to see people talk the talk but not willing to walk to walk. Put up or shut up.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I'm really confused, do you think there is a better way to handle tara loot? Everyone says gratz, everyone is usually happy.

Oh...I hate these people...6 months ago she was walking around sending tells to people, asking them to give her 4k creds cuz she needed to buy new armor and bots. Now, she has somehow managed to level her eng to level 130 or whatever and think she knows anything...

Look NOOB, u can not do anything constructive at camelot! AT ALL! You are in all aspects USELESS for everything that has to do about tara and the omnis there. You couldn't even kill a ghasaps..how do u think that you and your bot could even attack the lowest omnis that show up with the new pvp rules? 19 teams of 125's couldn't kill Tarasque, so why in the world would u be allowed to take a part of the loot? You are as pathetic as that moron that attacked a mob (when the mob was at 50%) Storm was killing with like half their guild and then thought that they should raffle the loot with her. I mean...is there no end to this stupidity?

Just accept the fact that for alot of levels, u will be totally useless and no1 wants u.

Asmo owns Tarabot, but trust me...it is not rigged (I've asked him to rig it for me), and not a day goes by that he doesn't mention that he rather pull the thing down cuz of idiots just like YOU.

So please, either team up with your low level friends and try to even dent tara...we will all have a good laugh and then dance on your corpse...my guess is u won't even make it down to T-room. Or just stfu and go hide until u are big enough to actually matter.
    Last edited by Gold; Dec 29th, 2002 at 10:40:29.

If you dont like Tarabot... dont use it, or ask to be included in the community that does. It is the best way we have come up with to raffle out the loot that drops. It is certainly the most fair! Now, you want taraloot. I can understand that. We all do. However. You wont be able to do it at 125. Bottom line is you need a CH casting doc. You cant get one at that lvl ( there might be one or 2 out there, but 90% cant at that lvl ) so, you cant take her down yourself. IF you want to try, go for it, but you will fail. And then you will not be welcome in the Tarabot community. And then you will be screwed cause you wont get anything then, cause you WONT out dmg us. So, either deal with it, or dont. We didnt make the game, FC dide. We just tried to make systems as fair as we could...
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

So we have a rule now that if the 125 guys try to kill Tara they aren't allowed in Tarabot?

I think a group of 140-150 folks can kill tara, 2 teams for sure, but I can't see them doing it with the Tarabot crew there at the same time.

IMO permabanning them is wrong....
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast