Thread: Over Equipping Rule Being Changed?

Over Equipping Rule Being Changed?

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth in the rumour about OE being changed so that there will not longer be a 20% buffer?

Something like for every 1% over equipped you suffer a 2% penalty.....?

The point being to encourage people to use a wider range of ql on equipment and also to delay the time it takes for people to wear/wield ql200 kit? A futher plot to encourage us to level perhaps?

Do I say Eeeeeek ! ? Or would this actually be a cool idea to prevent so many clones out there (i.e. everyone regradless of profession using the same armor and equipment from lvl 150?)

After my initial "You have got to be kidding !" reaction I actually thought this might not be sooo bad - it also removes that nonsense about being able to use something perfectly well but not being able to take it off because you couldn't re-equip it - you can either use it or you can't ...
    If my fortunes torment me, my hopes shall content me.

Member of Eternal Fury :: Good players welcome to apply!

Re: Over Equipping Rule Being Changed?

My god, that would be so lame that I could see Phuncom doing it.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Key word: RUMOR.

And no, I haven't heard anything about it, and I doubt it would happen. You sure you aren't thinking of the suggestion post on the NT forum about allowing them to OE their nukes slightly?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

It's ridiculous that a character can get buffs to wear armor or a weapon, but then can't take them off because they won't be able to reequip it with the lower non-buffed abilities. As a result, fewer players wear non-combat clothing and this makes the game less visually pleasing.

Not allowing buffing of lower lvl characters isn't the answer, because that is one of the perks of higher lvl players: being able to use their nanos to benefit the less powerful. And it shows initiative in the lower lvl characters that they seek the power of the mighty, and separates the lazy players from those seeking to be stronger than an average character of their lvl.

A solution would be to implement code that would allow a player to reequip a weapon or piece of armor even if they no longer have the attributes to wear it. Once they get buffed and wear an item it could be "tagged" so that player will always be able to equip the item.
    "It was almost as incredible as if you had fired a fifteen-inch shell at a piece of tissue paper and it came back and hit you."

- Ernest Rutherford

If this is true, im gonna go slaughter all the noobs that would of made this change take place with their whining "i just got roxxored by a EXPERIENCED player, who knows what hes doing and has better equipment wah wah wah" GRRRRRR
    Better not be true!

can people stop making rumors?

k thx bye

~Chris

simma down now

or provide links to where you 'heard' of such dribble

The point I brought up about armor and weapons that can't be reequipped because of expired buffs is far more important than any rumor. My solution is excellent also. Cz, where are you?!
    "It was almost as incredible as if you had fired a fifteen-inch shell at a piece of tissue paper and it came back and hit you."

- Ernest Rutherford

Gah, stop with the rumors! Funcom might hear you.

I think people put these rumors up to make the rest of us cry. Or something.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

My solution makes nobody cry because it doesn't change gameplay, but will make a huge visual difference.

- Ernest Rutherford