Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventurers

Bump*

- may god help us all

re

BUMP

Re: Re: bugs

Originally posted by Ymodem-G

Actually, you are just one of those people that cruises around looking to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

LOL! I get the same impression!

I bet he must secret be an NT disguised as an ADV (just j/k)

Adv nerfed

A week ago at level 51 I tried to do a medium difficulty mission. I was using ql 60 rider executioners and I had a full suit of ql 80 omni pol elite armor on. I also had plenty of implants and I could NOT solo a yellow. Adv should have more morphs with higher damage additions also an extra damage buff that can be stacked on top of morph...Currently most adventurers can not succeed in pvp no matter how twinked they are. As a class, I think adventurers should get higher damage output and more morphs just to add some fun and variety.

Kendal level 58 omni Adv

Smile Hmmm

I am still playing an adventurer...my first and still only real character, I have not restarted, and I am still at it
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Re: Adv nerfed

Originally posted by Kendal
    A week ago at level 51 I tried to do a medium difficulty mission. I was using ql 60 rider executioners and I had a full suit of ql 80 omni pol elite armor on. I also had plenty of implants and I could NOT solo a yellow. Adv should have more morphs with higher damage additions also an extra damage buff that can be stacked on top of morph...Currently most adventurers can not succeed in pvp no matter how twinked they are. As a class, I think adventurers should get higher damage output and more morphs just to add some fun and variety.

Kendal level 58 omni Adv
    I think u would do better if u equip QL80 rider and QL60 armor instead

The game mechanics works in such a way that it's always better to hit harder and kill fast.. rather than to win by attrition and good defence.

BTW, Cosmik had sort of replied in the ADV forum.. take a look.

Well, as for surviving in the wilderness, explorating, and hunting, I think we don't perform too bad, thanks to the run speed, evade buff in reet form, and heal that combined with decent, yet not uber damage make us as useful in a team (in my opinion) than any other class (although the problem is different for pistol users, as always)

However, the problem is that we suck at missions. Since they're the only way for us to make money, it's a problem. I know some other classes have problems with soloing missions too, but for instance if you look at doctors, they have that nice blood plasma making that let them make loads of money when hunting now.

With my adventurer, my problem is: I hunt during a dozen of levels, then my equipment is outdated for my level, but I don't have enough money to upgrade.
    It forces me to do tons of missions in a row with very low difficulty to make money and buy new weapons and stuff.

That's why I'm currently unable to solo 50% mission, and have lots of trouble doing 40%... Just because I don't have enough money to buy better stuff. I don't mind doing some missions from time to time, but doing 10 missions in a row to make money in order to be able to do something else properly is tedious, especially when you have only so much hours per day to play.

(I'm level 43, using two level 47 handaxes, I have 600ish ACs everywhere - Just to buy two ql 65ish handaxes will cost me more than 100k that I don't even have currently, armor will cost me a lot too, and to find proper stuff in loot, I would have to do much harder missions that I can't do)

So I'm fine with the fact that we're better at hunting in the wilderness than doing missions (for various reasons, including morphs not usable indoor), but then we need an alternate way to make money.
    Last edited by MORB; Dec 6th, 2001 at 13:03:54.

re

I picked the Advent class because being a "loner" in the "wilderness" would probably make you one of the better class's at soloing.

And if people want to throw the "You can do a bit of everything, but your not the best or worst"

Then:

1. I want the skills I possess that ARE the worst, fixed so they are balanced.

2. I want pets, because I don't have any. Not the best OR the worst right? .... but a little bit of everything.

This is just pissing everyone off, Funcom hasn't addressed ANY of our issues (To the point where they have fixed ONE).

In fact, the only issue they've addressed was the reet form (Which they broke to begin with).

And even then it took weeks.

Fix our class please.

y-modem u speak the words of my mouth.. i think the reason you and i share so much frustration is because we have only gotten 1 reply.... and the reply said nothin about us being re-worked on. They've messed up a lot for us... and if only i would of known long time ago that the morphs suck so much ... i just never would of bothered with sensory.... would of saved lots of ips... im level 80... and i dont even care about grinning hunter... it deosn't seem to change cr@p for me.

Anyways... good post ... im with yea !

.//

( 3 months ago )

cubex: im gonna start a adv their morphs look kool.. i bet they can hit really hard as a wolf ! .... wow

( today )

cubex: what the?... this wolf can't even fit through a door... nevertheless hit harder... bah my eyes hurt!! whats wrong this wolf's eyes ... why don't this dam wolf even sit when i push x?
    /me puts sunglasses on hoping to block off the light
    Last edited by Breaku; Dec 7th, 2001 at 00:24:21.

fact is

The Adventurers need to do more damage per skill level!

When I go out in a team with people within 10 levels of me I am embarrased of the damage that I do with my Duel Rider Exicutioners! I am level 55 with Ql 70 Riders and my hit dmg sucks! I still can not do melee damage neer 300points a hit even once in a while...hell never! I Sit back and heal my team mates while they do 300, 400 even 700 points of damage per hit!

Our damage points need to be raised!
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Cool Feelings about my profession

Well according to funcom, adventurers would be the ultimate dual wielding profession, a loner that survives in the wilderness...

Ok that sounded fine to me. So i invested in pistols and a hellovalot in multi range. When hitting about 20 i soon find out that my guns sucked, they were FA´s the old ones, but still energy damage, all npc´s got a lot of enery protection on them so the damage output was silly low.

Now at 56, pistols are out of the question. They are totaly useless, low dam cap, insane reqs on both pístol,fling and... multi wield, so what´s to do?

Well i invested a lot of ip´s into rifle and aimed shot and now i do damage BUT I think that i should not have to do that, due to the fact of Funcoms description of my profession.

If i wanted an Agent then i would have played one, now i do this in selfpreservation. I simply have to survive in missions.

Please:

Fix pistols ie raise the high end damage, speed and drop those idiotic reqs on them

Speed up and increase the output for healing. Adventures are useful as backup healers in groups, but now it take tooooooo long time to execute them.

And... i mean even a reet should me able to fly and NOT take falling damage due to that you walk/run/fly down a hill. If that was the matter with birds then they would be extinct in this world due to taking fall damage all the time. I wanna fly sooner...

Cub.... A big joke, team cub even bigger joke. The only useful think with it is the runspeed, but..... by the time i got it i could buff my speed more than those 100 points... JOKE JOKE JOKE

Damage shilds. Thats an interresting thing. Firefly is a good damage shield that you get about 35-40+ i level. But every time i get into a mission i encounter NPC´s with higher damage shields.. Feel kinda stupid that if i have the Diff set at 50% that i should encounter far superior Npc adventurers when the game system says that, if a mission is set to 50% then you should encounter monsters of your own level... When i die i want to be and NPC.....

Either fix the profession or do that talked about IP reinburse so that i could drop my 300+ ip invested multi range and spend it an any other skill that seems more useful than multi range....

But i guess not. We are prob suppose to be sub avarage in this game until we do a new character and let the profession go into it´s early grave..

PS. my Atrox enforcer actually do 50% more damage output , and that is on lvl 27... It´s those small things that really gets on my nerv....

Please flame on... im use to be stomped at, All adventurers are...

Russel "Kalleanka" Timas, Lvl 56 Adv
    Member of R.S.G.E. (Division9)

Re: Re: Re: bugs

Originally posted by Ashuras

LOL! I get the same impression!

I bet he must secret be an NT disguised as an ADV (just j/k)

I disagree! <g>

Unhappy I love my (wimpy-ass) adventurer

Just need to put in my two cents. I a level 55 adventurer on RK1. I use pistols (we all know the problems there). I have discovered that I am so ineffective at combat that I have been orienting my character towards being a healer. I used implants to boost my nano pool and cranked my treatment and t&s up so that I can use the good rechargers. I enjoy healing people but if the mobs are too hard sometimes people die, and when there is a doc in the team, I feel completely redundant and ineffective. For those having the same problem, I've discovered that a Subliminal Guidance buff from a martial artist really helps me get good pistol crits from time to time.

So here are my suggestions on improving the class:
    - existing damage shields need to be better, even at 1st level coat of barbs was worthless, and the NCU cost is too high.
    - run buffs need to be better .. I hate getting outclassed by fixers and traders, when this should be something adventurers are good at.
    - playfull cub is large, ugly, and unweildy .. make this a normal sized wolf, please.
    - speed up healing nano cast time!!!!!
    - make conceal work .. and give the adventurer a nano that increases conceal a lot when outdoors.
    - give the adventurer a nano that reduces the chance of being aggroed by animal class monsters when outdoors.
    - give the adventurer a nano that makes night vision better without the icky night vision goggles effect.
    - add a nano that allows us to take reets and leets as pets
    - make pistols more effective (minimum damage), and reduce the multi-weild requrements. and sword using advs are already more effective than pistol users in combat .. how about a multiranged buff for us?

I hope someone from Funcom is reading this thread!!!
    Last edited by Szentasha; Dec 11th, 2001 at 18:11:39.

re

What everyone is trying to say, is that there are ENDLESS possibility's for fixing our class.

And after being crapped on (excuse my french) with your little IP messup where most of us lost LEVELS worth of IP.

And after having all of our pistols mucked up.

And after having our Freedom Arms taken away.

We're still waiting.

Waiting for some kind of balance, so we will BECOME the "middle of the road" character you promised us.

Because right now, we are a "bottom of the line" character.

And that was NOT the intent for the Adventurer.

I remember a time, where I could pvp.

No longer.

It has been MONTHS since pvp has even been possible for us.

My Advent is currently a level 98 Pistol user.

Yes, feel sorry for me LOL

Oh god yes please give Advs the attention we deserve....

Heh I was just saying yesterday to my boyfriend "You know I am so sick and tired of hearing others professions piss and moan about being nerfed, or unhappy with their new nanos...blah blah blah...and we Adventurers never get any attention."

I play a level 101 Adv on Rubi-Ka1....I dual wield pistols and am still waiting for the new better damage pistols I thought were supposed to come out like 3 patches ago...I have QL125 implants in now (including dual wield clusters) and my dual wield is about 526....Please please give us some kind of buff!! Even if it's self only....I tend to group with profs above mine (110-120's) and yes, I am embarassed at the crappy damage I do compared to what they can do....right now my main gun is some kind of PNG Tactical revolver QL122 and when I have SG on I am thrilled when I hit red (to me anyhow) mobs for 1088....otherwise in general we are looking at 80-200 dmg....um hello Funcom? This is not right...

Also, I agree that our healing nanos are way too slow...I played my boyfriend's doctor to help a friend run a mission once and damn their heals fire off so fast! I generally tend to act as a backup healer in groups- keep the team hps up and heal whoevers getting hit hardest if they seem to be falling fast...but I thought that Advs were supposed to be the next best healers in game to docs....does not seem that way.

Morphs: yes, they can be fun...I am happy they changed Grinning Hunter to increase crits, add the damage, etc....we need more changes like this to our morphs....now whenever possible I am fighting as a tiger cause I do notice the difference in damage I can deal out. LET US GET THRU FRIGGIN DOORS!!!

Another thing I have trouble with is that our nanos use so many different skills: dmg shields use MM and MC, heals use BM and MM, polymorphs use BM, MM, SI......I never have any extra IPs laying around....ever. Then they give us Eagle Eye- PM is not a skill all of out other nanos requires- so hmmm let's see....do I really want to dump 365 skill points worth of IPs into PM just so I can cast this one nano? Um hello? Hell no as I don't have any IPs to spare as it is....Oh wait...what about Robust Treatment? That one uses PM too- a whopping 630 skill points of it- and it adds 60 (yes that's right) to first aid and treatment.....dang for a ql 200-something nano you'd think it would add more than 60 treatment.

And I would think we'd get a better run buff too. Granted, some of our morphs do add to runspeed....oh and like others mentioned- Team Free Movement does not work.

There is no way I am aware of for Advs to make money- we have no buffs anyone would pay for (like IC or Essence), since they broke concealment we cannot sneak anymore, our heals really do not hit fast enough for us to hire ourselves out as a doctor, and as mentioned before, missions are too hard for us to solo...

Sorry for the long rant, it's just that I am tired of feeling like every other class keeps whining away about being unhappy with their changes the latest patch and Advs never seem to be addressed....

OH and another thing- why wouldn't Advs be able to have pets? I think that's a great idea! That would make up for the crappy damage we can do with our 1he or pistols....Or even some kind of charm spell we can cast on mobs around us? If we are so knowledgeable about the forest/wilderness then why can't we have an animal pet?
    Last edited by Ariana; Dec 13th, 2001 at 19:28:53.

A week ago at level 51 I tried to do a medium difficulty mission. I was using ql 60 rider executioners and I had a full suit of ql 80 omni pol elite armor on.
    Here's the deal.

Advents have light green 1he, even though dim, HW and brawl are dark blue, 1he always will be the limiting factor on how big of a rider you can put on.

With the exception of challenger, there is not another 1he buff in the game that I know of.

Get the general, and a wrangle, and you should be able to put on riders within 10 or so levels of an enforcer.

I get the aggro all the time when hunting, and I don't want it :-). Thanks to good enfs, I stay alive. And my heals keep em alive.

I can solo Oranges with healing and my armor averages around 50 at 55 (needs rekitting). And my riders are 68.

Imagine when I get my 90 implants in next level, and am wearing QL95-100 armor and 90ish riders (I'll self buff for RP reasons). Plus, my BM/MM/MC are getting boosts as well. Hello big heals.

Maybe I'm missing something, as I haven't been to a higher level. But I can honestly say that if you are 55 or below and can't solo a single orange, then your mileage varies significantly from mine :-P .

One complaint that I >>DO<< agree with here is lack of cash. I have 750k and it took me almost a week to make that. Too bad it's all getting blown on imps, riders and armor, and I want a yalm. :-)
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

bump

.... in need of help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast