Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventurers

Adventurers

We feel lucky that our class had not been affected until patch 13.0. Since that patch, though, we feel nerfed.

You will see that the general discussion in the adventurer forum is "what happened?", "why can't we play anymore?", and "why do we no longer fit our description as good in all trades but expert in none?"

This compares to the other class forums which typically ask things like "hey, have you seen the new nano? what are the stats?"

Please focus on the adventurer during your next patch.

Creol

There is one confirmed nerf for the ADV profession.

Our damage reflection shields no longer reflects DOTs...

It's really unfair IMO.

Unhappy

Technicaly it is not unfair but logical. the nano in question have already been activated in you NCU deck and they are not attacking you any more. Hence no reflected damage.

Now, I have an adventurer and would prefer to have nanos made more useful instead like give us some weapon nanos that are personal like Personal Pistol Mastery (we are a fighting class and with pistols as nerfed as they are we need it) or personal Weapon Enhancement nanos (to make our light weapon more usable to something else then knocking our self out fast on opponents damage shield). It is true that we get some morphes later on with damage bonus, but we need a damage bonus earlier on and one that can be added to that of morphes to be able to match MOBs unless we twink our self unbelivable much.

Adventurers

A desperately need change is the selection of pistols since that is what most of us do. I would like to see a selection of higher damage or faster firing pistols, I mean, how long does it really take to pull the trigger?

Some personal weapon skill buffs would be a nice addition as well.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

funcom and advents

funcom has not responded to one adventurer issue for the passed 2.5 months.

do you think they'll start now?

Re: funcom and advents

Originally posted by Borrace
    funcom has not responded to one adventurer issue for the passed 2.5 months.

do you think they'll start now?
    I will give them the chance. Up until now, the adventurer was "relatively" error free compared to other classes. It seems pretty obvious that it is the adventurers' turn to move up the priority list.

[edited spelling error]

I hear many of my pistol toting brethern complain about pistols being gimped but IMHO meele Adventurers are more gimped. At the very least someone using pistols can change their dmg type on a whim (more or less) while meele only have 2 dmg types (meele and energy: the two most protected AC's in the game). Combine that with the fact that to use one of these meele weapons that do energy dmg you have to keep up dark blue skills such as heavy weapons, meele energy, and several others. It is just too much of an IP sink to even consider..at least if you want to increase anything else. They really need to add in some meele weapons that do chemical, disease, and radiation dmg types.

Also for everyone who has to dual wield (pistol and meele) this problem of having to requip one of your weapons each time you zone (even if you meet the requirments) is just plain stupid. If they are going to do this then everyone's wepaons (2h and 1h) should unequip when they zone. It's just damned annoying and serves no real purpose.

While I'm in a ranting mood, what is so overpowered about reet form that it had to be nerfed? Why is it that I now have trouble taking out 2 grey's at the same time when I am equipped with armor/weapons/implants at least 10-15 ql above me.... Soloing is us plain boring now, why should it take 2-3 hours of game play time to clear out 1 misson of mostly grey's/ with a few greens?
    Last edited by Sinclare; Nov 20th, 2001 at 01:11:44.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

sin...

i understand that you can chose melee or energy damage, and that's it.

but it still doesn't change the fact that while you can take the same QL weapons your swords will do double damage of my pistols.

i'll take the double damage melee over half damage chemical damage any day of the week and twice on fridays.

oh...by the way, at lev 120 i'll need a 550+ multiranged to hold two pistols...how do we say impossible?

no...melee adventurers are not more gimped. you are around the right level to start realizing that swords were the better choice...possibly the only right choice. i guarantee that your lev 50ish swords outdamage my lev 70ish pistols...i'm lev 49. it takes an awful lot of resources to equip lev 70ish pistols at lev 49 (i've had them since lev 39 though).

but, you are entitled to your opinion! 8*)

Talking

As you increases in lvl MOBs start using better types of armor just like us, which means that they have protection more or less agains anything. Type of damage means less and less as you lvl.

Just thought of another type of nanos for our pistols, Armor Piercing. Reduces Armor to a fraction of normal AC.
    I WANT IT!

armor piercing!

what a great idea for an adventurer self only buff!

perhaps it would work similar to the MA's subcon guiding and give you a better chance at a crit hit...or perhaps it would give +10 to base damage

Some people think...

Yes there are some that think the ADV is the all around best profession. Then there are some that say it is full of bugs. For FC in my opinion having been playing a lvl 46 ADV for some time now I do say that our weapons need an upgarde.

When I play with a same lvl Enforcer and their sledgehammer is doing 300+ dmg yet my duel weild QL 50 Riders are doing at the most 169dmg (and still as low as 29) Thats a problem especially when some of these green mobs have about 2000 Health pts.

Here is another Issue...How come I an not find any QL 40 Simple nano kits? DO they exist? Why should I have to rise up my treatment by 100 just to go from using the QL 30 to the QL 50?
    I got a QL 45 one in a mission once but damn!

In any case FC you need to open a thread and start working on ADV issues

funcom and adventurers

funcom forgot they created the adventurer class...

so they aren't ignoring us, they just don't realize that we exist.

i like the profession

hiho ...

good job fc for this really nice profession.
    to all the others, that still complain everything. yes, dmg sux, and yes we have problems doing things alone, and i think there are better professions to kill mosnters. go, play them.
    ok, i ask, why cant i refresh my transform, or the spells for the others in my group. why cant i run NON-combat programms in reet form? (and who ever see the reet casts the enshrouds with barbs ... this is the cutest animation i ever have seen in a game)
    why cant the wolf pass through door's? so i have to racast the transform, in every single room with an enemy, i enter?
    ok, thats it ...
    BUT
    if they never change anything of that, ill still play my char till i get the dragon.
    and its so much fun to team reet a 6 members group ... and all have follow on ...

i think it is good as it is. if they change things to better, fine.

end

Originally posted by Spook
    Technicaly it is not unfair but logical. the nano in question have already been activated in you NCU deck and they are not attacking you any more. Hence no reflected damage.

Now, I have an adventurer and would prefer to have nanos made more useful instead like give us some weapon nanos that are personal like Personal Pistol Mastery (we are a fighting class and with pistols as nerfed as they are we need it) or personal Weapon Enhancement nanos (to make our light weapon more usable to something else then knocking our self out fast on opponents damage shield). It is true that we get some morphes later on with damage bonus, but we need a damage bonus earlier on and one that can be added to that of morphes to be able to match MOBs unless we twink our self unbelivable much.
    Heh you want logic? Ill give you logic

When you are in reet form and try to cast a nano it says execution of nano programs is not possible or something like that. But offensive nanos are supposedly run on YOUR ncu. So how come you are not immune to offensive nanos while in reet form? Its perfectly logical that you should be immune.

To put it simply logic can be used to justify even the most outrageous ideas. Damage shields are said to damage the attacker each time it is hit.

Well if the program is not technically run by the attacker but rather the target then all non physical damage should not count at all towards kills. Which means nano mages are getting experience by letting the targets kill themselves which would be an exploit.

See what i mean. Justification no matter how crazy can be done for anything. The best way to avoid problems is to leave things the way they had been for the longest time which means bringing back the damage of damage shields towards non pyshical targets

PLEASE fix it NOW !!!!!

no fix until the next weeks i leave this crap !!!!

Everyone's damage shield is 'nerfed', even the mobs. Docs were hurt REALLY bad by this.

The thing with offensive nanos running on the target is quite confusing. It works for some nanos, but others (like the NT projectiles) clearly don't work this way. As I see it, only debuffs runs on the targets NCU, because they show up on the stats screen. Direct damage nanos runs on the casters NCU, and the effect is somehow transfered.

DoTs are a bit in the grayzone. They get initiated on the targets NCU, but after that, the caster doesn't actually do anything. The target basically kills himself. Should the damage shield react to the NCU of the person it is protecting?

As for the problems with leet form... I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to cast nanos on yourself. I wish they would remove that limit. Animals have generally the same molecular structure as eachother. I would agree if robots wouldn't be affected by poison, but since that isn't in, I see no reason why this is.

And since when does Funcom do things logically?
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

re

I play a level 92 Advent in a prominent guild on RK1.

1. Our polymorphs ALL need looking at, I can give you examples of issues with each and every one.

2. For the amount of NCU's our damage sheilds take up, they certainly don't reflect very much damage.

3. Team Free Movement isn't working for me.

4. Most of our Poly's can't be used indoors because they dont' fit THROUGH doors.

5. Pistols have an insane multi-range and the damage is silly low. I'm not asking for them to increase the high end damage, rather the minimum damage per shot.

6. Flurry of feathers is almost useless, as everyone has a plane by the time we aquire this nano.

7. Our heals fire off FAR too slow for a class that's constantly being expected to heal. Our heals also do far too little. I'm not looking for doctor style healing, but honestly ... healing is more a chore than anything. At least speed up our casting.

8. Our group/team heals are spaced out too far apart from each other, and also do far too little healing.

9. Our AC buffs could be classified as "ok" (Not being good or bad.)

10. As a class we realisticly stand NO chance of winning in pvp, unless we happen across an AFK NT or Crat.

11. Yes my friends, Pistols are worse than 1hE or melee.

12. The class worked the way it SHOULD before you nerfed the Freedom Arms. You broke us then never fixed us.

13. You broke concealment.

14. You nerfed our Multi-range and we lost levels worth of IP, a fact which you just swept under the rug.

15. With no sneaking, we have almost 0 chance of making money. Because you've seen fit to leave us underpowered in everything. Underpowered being diffrent from "Not the best, but not the worst". Underpowered being defined as "It dosn't cut it for anything you want to do".

16. Class's that can ruin us in 3 shots are getting piles of fixes and patches, yet we're left alone. *cough*agents*cough*

17. You have almost NO population of higher level Adventurers anymore because the majority of them have QUIT out of neglect. Test this theory for yourself.

18. Notice I haven't gotten into the obvious things, like wolf form doing nothing but adding night vision, cat form minusing run speed and adding LAME AC. Or a score of other problems that this class should NOT have.

The class gets no respect.

And no one is really all that interested in having our buffs.

-- Fix it.

bugs

3. Known bug, being worked on.

6. So don't use it

7. Invest some ip in nano init, just like everyone else.

8. Adventurers aren't doctors. Be glad you got any heals at all.

13. Being worked on, another known bug.

14. Jack of all trades, master of none. You got what you asked for, why are you complaining ?

Red face Keeping with the curve - Cosmik please read

Reality -

The "Reality" of the sitation is that like many AO players across all professions - we're having trouble keeping up with the drastic curve FunCom has placed on Mobs when you get into the level 60s and beyond.. The Mobs technically scale much faster than the player can, even with implants and "twinked" armor/weapons.

The Adv. specific nanos that are supposed to make us good at what Funcom said [surviving the wilderness, exploring, hunting] are all sub-par compared to what other classes have and some seem misplaced - Eagle Eye? Sounds like an agents dream, +80 perception and +20 aimed shot but is this a really appropriate evel 80ish Adv. Nano?? Why do we have to wait until level 150 to "fly"?! [Parrot Form]. Why does a 2 headed wolf that hits for 200-400 per shot in the wilderness only able to add 7 pts of damage to our attacks. I know some disagree but I like Grinning Hunter, cat form does some decent work and I'd like to see more things like this. Variety is the ****e of life!

And why the heck cant we go through mission doors, the model fits but the bounding box does not. Seems like a bug or artificial restriction - waive this restriction or bug and we can more easily do missions [as grinning hunter anyways] and you'd hear alot less whining. I do have fun being an Adventurer though but we do need some help.

So in summation:

Let us "fly" much sooner
    Beef up Playful Cub [should be about 50% of Grinning hunter]
    Tweak Grinning Hunters Armor up please
    Let Cub/Hunter go through mission doors
    Add a couple speciality nanos to help cure the blue skill blues.
    ie Buffs to evades, melee and ranged inits would be sweet!

Thanks!

Re: bugs

Originally posted by reality
    3. Known bug, being worked on.

6. So don't use it

7. Invest some ip in nano init, just like everyone else.

8. Adventurers aren't doctors. Be glad you got any heals at all.

13. Being worked on, another known bug.

14. Jack of all trades, master of none. You got what you asked for, why are you complaining ?

Actually, you are just one of those people that cruises around looking to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Level an Advent if you think your so smart. Use pistols.

Lose about 2 levels worth of IP after level 50 as well, and pretend it didnt' exist.

That's what funcom did to US.

There's a large diffrence between being average, and being sub-average.

I don't think Advents could even take out a crat post level 90.

Windowlicker
    -Level 93 Advent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast