Thread: Santa Leets and how their items SHOULD be

Santa Leets and how their items SHOULD be

Right now, the entire Santa Leet population was creamed by a buncha hoarding, profiteering Highlevelers, leaving those of us who take time to kill them no choice.

I personally watched a high level user come in and kill-steal from someone beating on a santa leet. I've also head of a few people with 30+ gifts in their inventory.

Fix?

Simple. NODROP UNIQUE the Gifts _AND_ the items they pop out.

That way, we won't have these JERKOFFS griefing the rest of us. And anyone found with more then one of these on their person should be forced to give it up or banned for a few days as punishment for diminishing the enjoyment of others, hence harming Funcom's product.

We'll see these selling for a few million right after christmas, or within the next few days. Mark my words.

-G

Re: Santa Leets and how their items SHOULD be

Originally posted by awpti
    Right now, the entire Santa Leet population was creamed by a buncha hoarding, profiteering Highlevelers, leaving those of us who take time to kill them no choice.

I personally watched a high level user come in and kill-steal from someone beating on a santa leet. I've also head of a few people with 30+ gifts in their inventory.

Fix?

Simple. NODROP UNIQUE the Gifts _AND_ the items they pop out.

That way, we won't have these JERKOFFS griefing the rest of us. And anyone found with more then one of these on their person should be forced to give it up or banned for a few days as punishment for diminishing the enjoyment of others, hence harming Funcom's product.

We'll see these selling for a few million right after christmas, or within the next few days. Mark my words.

-G
    Unique.. Yea, nodrop?.. no please, not on the gifts, How else would they be transfered, Not that i have found on so far. =(

Gifts are for sharing. =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

I'd like the gifts and things inside to be unique, but not nodrop. I really, really, really want a Funny Arrow, but I've gotten three damn Monster Sunglasses and a Propeller Cap instead. I'd give those away in a second if I could.

Hello friends,
    today I want to whine about a rock that stood in my way in Newland Desert, it blocked me and I had to move around it. Please change the rock, it is stupid that this rock is lying around there, blocking people.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

BUT MOM I WANNNAAA GIVE MY GIFFFTTTSSS !!!!!!

WAAHAHHHAAAH WAHAHHAAA

/sarcasm off
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

You're a prime example of why this game fails in the eyes of so many. A foul attitude, a small mind, and no sense of fair-play.

Hey, look.. I'm level 200. I'll go one-shot-kill these things, take as many presents as I can, and sell 'em for a million each after christmas!

It's pure genious! Screw over the entire point of it, so that only a few simpletons can pull in a few million more credits for their `difficulty in obtaining this item`.

I think the entire point of this from Funcom was to kind of push the spirit of christmas. No, we have to have a group of teenieboppers come along and **** it from 3 different directions.

What they should have done was make them non-attackable by anyone over level 50, or better.. make them scale. Got some level 200 twink? Then make the leet an undefeatable 260th level God of Damage that would require 4 well organized teams to even hope to take it down.

I'll tell you why I'm *****ing.. it's simple. You have no common courtesy. How many Gift's did you pick up? Dozen? More?

Prime example, like I said.

FYI, your rock analogy doesn't work. The scope doesn't fit.

-G

Originally posted by Greystar
    Hello friends,
    today I want to whine about a rock that stood in my way in Newland Desert, it blocked me and I had to move around it. Please change the rock, it is stupid that this rock is lying around there, blocking people.
    So...what patch can we expect the rock to get nerfed? It's gimping me!

Seriously, while I can understand the frustration of the original poster about the Santa Leets (I'd like to get one myself), I decided I was better off just doing my normal stuff. Seeing that there wasn't a lot of thought put into this event (making the items unique would be nice), I more or less gave up on the event as a whole.

My suggestion would be that they should have made the present a reward for a mission/quest that you could take. I know that for Halloween, Earth and Beyond featured this sort of mission, which resulted in a Pumpkin Gun. Even newbies could get them, and high level folks were offering good amounts of money to buy the guns off the newbies so they could have multiples.

Anyhow, congrats to those who do get the items.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

This was one of the most stupid whines I heared, the leets are lvl 30, they spawn close to everywhere there normal lvl 10-40 mobs spawn and they spawn ALOT.

I had nothing to do so I ran around in 1 single zone for about 30 min and killed around 10 Santa leets(and no I won't sell a single present, will use on my own toons and give away to friends that are on vacation), and I didn't see a single other person, so if you would only try instead of just whine you could very easy find a Santa leet and kill it (if you CAN kill lvl 30 mobs before it kills you)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I did take a casual stroll/run/whatever through some areas to look for 'em, but didn't see any despite knowing they were level 30. Haven't seen any when I went exploring a day ago either.

Could just be my rotten luck.

Edit: Looks like my luck changed, I was lucky enough to receive one when a clanner was giving several away. Much thanks to Bailan2.
    Last edited by Capacitor; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 15:46:30.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

please dont move the rock

The rock is the very best thing about being profession x. Profession x already had many nerfs including the tree in avalon, the island near old athens and the stump in athens forest. if you move the rock, my profession will suxxor worse than professions y and z. How am i supposed to compete, its hard enough to solo anyway.

Simply put, if you nerf the rock, I am cancelling my account, and moving to SWG where they have a rock near mos isely.

I havent got any presents either.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by awpti
    You're a prime example of why this game fails in the eyes of so many. A foul attitude, a small mind, and no sense of fair-play.

Hey, look.. I'm level 200. I'll go one-shot-kill these things, take as many presents as I can, and sell 'em for a million each after christmas!

It's pure genious! Screw over the entire point of it, so that only a few simpletons can pull in a few million more credits for their `difficulty in obtaining this item`.

I think the entire point of this from Funcom was to kind of push the spirit of christmas. No, we have to have a group of teenieboppers come along and **** it from 3 different directions.

What they should have done was make them non-attackable by anyone over level 50, or better.. make them scale. Got some level 200 twink? Then make the leet an undefeatable 260th level God of Damage that would require 4 well organized teams to even hope to take it down.

I'll tell you why I'm *****ing.. it's simple. You have no common courtesy. How many Gift's did you pick up? Dozen? More?

Prime example, like I said.

FYI, your rock analogy doesn't work. The scope doesn't fit.

-G
    They are one shot killable at lvl 30.. You could get lvl 30 in just 2 days or less. And just because im 200 doesnt mean i dont share.. I infact never even SELL items to other players, so your bull**** theory dont work, i only give away. If i need money i'll just use the NP, tradeskills services i have worked to get up. Go around and watch for them instead of sitting here on forums whining.

Merry Christmas
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Athens shire is leetville just run around there for santa leets.2 good zone barriors for lower lvls to run to.The war acadamy and athen west.the downside is there are bulls around that aggro even lvl 200(attitude i guess hehe.)Merry Christmas

As is Aegen. I was walking around there and I saw six santa leets in the near vicinity. I got 20 presents in 20 minutes, I would've had more, but my inventory was full.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

I feel your pain awpti. Some people may have the time to figure out where these Santaleets spawn and get the freebies from them.

run your TMS and brave the onslaught.

Originally posted by Hajkster
    They are one shot killable at lvl 30.. You could get lvl 30 in just 2 days or less. And just because im 200 doesnt mean i dont share.. I infact never even SELL items to other players, so your bull**** theory dont work, i only give away. If i need money i'll just use the NP, tradeskills services i have worked to get up. Go around and watch for them instead of sitting here on forums whining.

Merry Christmas
    LOL. Owned.

Just so everyone knows, they appear to either be on a spawn timer, or a GM commands them to spawn or something.

I cleaned out Athen Shire yesterday morning and filled up a large backpack doing so. For the next 3 hours I flew around and found zero.

A few hours later, Guild chat was exploding with "Come to Athen Shire! Santa Leets are all over the place!"

So yea, they don't respawn like normal mobs, they seem to come in packs, and all at once. Once you kill them, they're seemingly gone for a few hours until another batch spawns.

Arrow hmmm, nah

The ones spawning in Omni-Forest last night (near barracks, where incidentally tons of regular leets spawn, hard concept eh?) were coming down so thick I couldnt keep up...they seemed to spawn in threes, once those were dead another cluster would pop up a screen or two away on the map. I happened to get one of each item from the first cluster, so they might spawn like that on purpose.

As for the evil killstealing I saw at least 5 other people running around killing plenty and only once or twice did anyone even get near one I was going for. (and vice versa, there was always 1 or 2 others around to kill)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Most everybody that I have seen are giving these to guild mates/friends anyhow and aren't selling, SO....

quit whining.............

2 People i know very well went out, killed a lot of Santa Leets and stood in trade giving gifts away to anyone who wanted them, so don't come on with your "people only mug santa for profit" bs.
    This is where my Sig Image goes.
    =================================
    Damage is King. Speed Kills. Style is Everything.