Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug: "Rubber-banding"

Unhappy Bug: "Rubber-banding"

When I run in missions, especially team missions, my character is "rubber-banding". I'm not sure if this is due to lag, or just an ugly bug.

My ping is usually green in missions, so I don't think it's a lag related issue. Maybe a client/server sync problem?

I find this very annoying and frustrating. I'm not the only one.

Keep this bumped.
    Last edited by Vitalangel; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 05:52:16.
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

This bug killed me about 5 times today. Its a real pain when i'm trying to blitz a mission. I don't think its lag related either. I never had this problem till the last 2 patchs or so.

Actually rubberbanding has saved my life once.
    I was blitzing some stuff, and had managed to gather about every mob in the mission to follow me. I was low on HP and nano. All my layers had been used, and I was certain I would die, when all of a suddon I was warped back four or five rooms. Beeing totally out of range, the mobs lost interrest in me, and I could heal up. The rest of the mission went nicely, because I knew half of themobs was nicely gathered in one corner

Except for that one time, I don't like rubberbanding. Not sure if it's better or worse than black doors, though

I get this a little more frequently as well now, Pehaps they are trying to emulate Asherons Call 2

:/

This happened to me too - In a tower pvp situation , kept getting rubberbanded into about 20 clanners .

The problems of crowd control need to be fixed to prvent this (I'd rather go linkdead than be constantly rubber banded at a tower pvp situation due to crowd control )

Its the price we pay for no Black Doors of Death. Instead we warp around the place like mad.

BUMP also happening in solo mission if not stated .. making blitzing high lvl mission a little harder..

Thanks
    Seb Member of Arion

Is it just me, or is this getting worse?

Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

Angry Fix this crappy BUG NOW!!

It's Not even partially cute anymore... and then the ARk's tell you to go Jump off a cliff when you ask for XP returned due to the stupid Rubberbanding issue..... FIX THIS GARBAGE.... you're making AO look soooo Low budget it's not even funny!

This bug was in beta btw, on top of that you would get rubberbanded and Black door'd i beta.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    This bug was in beta btw, on top of that you would get rubberbanded and Black door'd i beta.
    And of course, this being released in a patch before getting fixed.

/angry
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

I've noticed 2 things that increase the likelyhood of rubberbanding in missions.

It happend to me a lot when :

a) running from a room that is in the corner/edge of a mission level towards the center of the level.

b) passing into/through those large rectangular 'school room' rooms with 2 doors on one wall and one on the opposite one and all the little rows of 'benches' that trap melee mobs so nicely. (not the dark 2 mob rooms)

I hardly ever rubber band when not in one of the above situations.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

new record

happened to me 6 times in a row setting a new rubberband mission record for me (my previous record being 4).
    I will say this tho...I will take a warp back any day over black doors..at least with a warp back it's only really annoying...better than a logout

Heh, you know there's too many bugs when you start making recored out of them.

Sorry, I can't tell you my record at the moment. It happens too frequently and too many to log.
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

*sigh*

Bump!

Hope there is a fix soon!
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

^ up ^

FIX THE BUG!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

*bump*

Needs to be fixed. Game virtually un-playable.

Bump

Same for me, and a lot of time
    Plz fix it
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

My RB observations

What I've noticed

1) FAR worse on RK1. Happens on RK2 but no where near as much

2) I too have noticed it tends to happen going from corner rooms back into center/main

3) Also happens in stores. This could be an easy one for devs to test on, because its fairly repoducable.

Go into the implant section of a basic Omni supermaket. Go up to the surgery station in the corner. Now turn and run down the wall, turn right through the door, and turn right again as if going into main part of store or back to nanos. BAM! you'll be back at the implant machine. Has happend to me at least 3 or 4 times when doing implants.

There was also a bad warp area in Omni Ent on RK2 one day. Don't know how repoducable it is now. Was trying to get into the flooded section for a mission. Was in sparrow flight and being lazy so just went across the water instead of using a bridge. BAM! All of a sudden I'm back on the edge of the main city, running/flying toward the flooded section. Did this to me 2 or 3 times. I finally changed course and managed to get to the mission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast