Thread: yet another PET WARP

Exclamation yet another PET WARP

I know I know its been said a million times. But today as i talked to an ARK about some problems with pets he said pet warp is a good idea you should post that suggestion. So being the nice person i am here it is

PET WARP command please add it, love it, want it!!!!!!!!

I can have a NPC wap across a playfield to kill me yet my pet cant warp a door, theres aslight problem there .
    Please just add it for $%^&%( sakes :-)

Thnx

But it could be exploited! Somehow! I'm not quite sure how, but, it might!!!!

~Chris

Talking

LOL so can everything else they add to the game itll get fixed after a months playtime or soo :-)

Originally posted by Megabio

~Chris

Ya, it prolly could be, somehow, someway im sure. And because of this, they will never add /pet warp. Because ANYTHING that has the REMOTE chance of being exploited. regardless of how much it can increase player ease and satisfaction 1 million %. just CANNOT be add'd to the game. In FC's thinking anyways. But they are the suck.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Angry lol

All the pet proffesions must be getting to the end of there wits on the pet pathing, just like me. LOL

I can see why no posts here cause they will never listen..

i've stated this before, and i'll say it again.

a pet warp command would only make things worse and not solve anything. (1) it would still require you to monitor your pet. (2) its another macro you would have to create (3) its another command you'd have to run during a battle to insure your pet is there. (4) i could probably go on.. but those 3 reasons should be more than enough.

if any warping is involved, the auto-warp frequency just needs to be increased to a higher rate and shorter distances.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Question

Just make it a nano then. 10 sec cast time or somthing to at least make it a bit harder to exploit.
    ~Ralakan
    w0t0 Guild leader (No longer Retired )
    Chief Engineer, RK2

/PET WARP NOW!

All the things mentioned on this thread have been discussed, hashed over, argued to death and then done all over again for some time. After playing all the pet profs for a year plus now, I can state that /pet warp is the only idea that everyone agreed on. Sure it could be exploited, but so can anything else if you put your mind to it. A nano would work, but why the heck shoud we HAVE to have a nano? Improoving the 'warpability' that already exists, or having pets ignore most clipping, would require coding that FC dosent seem to want to do.

An interesting point that most folks dont know about is the disatrous 12.6 patch that drove off a good portion of the playerbase lo so many moons ago had the side-effect of fixing pathing. For a few glorious days, my pet stayed right on my tail no matter how hard I tried to lose him. He went after his designated targets with deadly accuracy and generaly behaved exactly like he was supposed to. Then came the emergancy patch, and it was back to watching him hump the furniture.

I suppose the point to that digression is that, even as it stands now, pathing can and did work. FC, find that bit of code and put it back! Or lacking that...

/PET WARP NOW!
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

I will bump all threads asking for a /pet warp command, so here goes...

BIG, FAT, BUMP!!!

The main reason I personally want this, is the poor design of some missions in general, and particularly team missoins where the elevator is often behind some obstacle that traps the bot... and the only way to free it is by using another elevator button after the rest of the team have cleared the level. And no, I cant just terminate the pet and create a new bot, becuase theres never a high enough MP in the team to give me Mocham's at my Engi's level (89).
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by Megabio

~Chris
    So can roots, calms, doc heals, taunt and I am sure a lot more

and no, I am deffinetly NOT gonna say how, in case fc decides to nerf those things. Allready thinking of canceling my account annyway, but no point in ruining the game for others right?

-W

I want a /pet warp too!!!! I'm so tired of losing the time of my team but trying to find where my pet is jammed. Ihate to see that that the mob is already kill and I didnt doo a thing because my pet was jammed somewhere. Please funcom /PET WARP the sooner you can

Originally posted by Wrathgrit

So can roots, calms, doc heals, taunt and I am sure a lot more

and no, I am deffinetly NOT gonna say how, in case fc decides to nerf those things. Allready thinking of canceling my account annyway, but no point in ruining the game for others right?

-W

Was kind of being sarcastic.

~Chris

I swear...the suggestions forum is just the same 5 ideas over and over, and everyone thinks they're the first to think of it...not a comment about this thread but in general.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Not a bump

/thread warp
    NutsnBolts 207 Engineer

Originally posted by Cronos
    I swear...the suggestions forum is just the same 5 ideas over and over, and everyone thinks they're the first to think of it...not a comment about this thread but in general.

And yet funcom keeps ignoring them.

~Chris

bump

FC just answer the question

yay or nay

all we're lookin for
    Issac
    Defender of all that aint shabby

We have been screaming for this for a year now. Still havent gotten it yet. Countless threads bout it... You would think FC might get the idea
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Originally posted by issac
    bump

FC just answer the question

yay or nay

all we're lookin for
    14.8 is a possible pathing fix in missions as CZ said on the professionals forum.

/me crosses his fingers.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Unhappy HA EFFIN HA!

FC is full of *****

They aren't fixing pet pathing. What a crock. I don't think those clowns know how to fix it, even if they wanted to. What they are doing to missions is changing the layout so pets are "less likely" to get stuck with thier crappy pathing. Outdoors pets will still get stuck in low rises in terrain or similar stupidity. YAY! I work in the software industry and i can tell what has happened here.

FC had a team building the original game. Some where along the line the team or most of it left or got the axe when 12.6 came out and players left enmasse. At that point a new team (may include people from the original team) continues patching and adding content to the game. They patched content and systems and so forth without ever rewriting the old teams code out. So now theres that old crappy pathing code buried in the game that no one on the current team has a clue about fixing. So what we get are useless work arounds.