Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Base Stolen

Thus

...and thus that's why the notum gods made 5% gas. Trial by combat will bring out the truth.

Joan what is this "could have done this" or "this would have happend". Your predicting the future which I think no one in the world can do. Now I think its greed because you didn't even try to set a good precident. Also we made the offer of a no ninjaing policy after we noticed the GMs were not going to do anything, not the point that you wouldn't give the land to us. However I think you were wrong and many others do as well. What you did after was pretty much uncalled for and dishonorable. But I guess its a mute point now that you gave the land back to BoB.

Great show Joan, unfortunately you made yourself look like a fool in this. :/
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Originally posted by Melbu
    Joan what is this "could have done this" or "this would have happend". Your predicting the future which I think no one in the world can do. Now I think its greed because you didn't even try to set a good precident. Also we made the offer of a no ninjaing policy after we noticed the GMs were not going to do anything, not the point that you wouldn't give the land to us. However I think you were wrong and many others do as well. What you did after was pretty much uncalled for and dishonorable. But I guess its a mute point now that you gave the land back to BoB.
    The whole point was to give the land back to BoB to do with as they chose.

No one has even bothered to realize that the reason BoB lost the land in the first place was because of an FC bug. This whole thing smells of hypocracy.

Because of the issues with CC, no land is being obtained fairly and yet a few people such as yourself continue jumping on the bandwagon of self-righteousness.

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Originally posted by JoanOfKahlan
    No one has even bothered to realize that the reason BoB lost the land in the first place was because of an FC bug.
    How do you figure? CC? And you think that only the defenders were affected by it? That clan somehow magically could avoid it?
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Jekyll

How do you figure? CC? And you think that only the defenders were affected by it? That clan somehow magically could avoid it?
    CC isn't smart enough to get equal numbers of each faction in to defend. Until FC gets this ironed out, it's all through luck of the draw so to speak. We can't even properly strategize at this point. It seems that the result is, a few defenders are boxed in close to the CT, the rest are warped out or around where they can't get to the attackers in the middle. :/

Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Joan we also had problems with CC, a lot of us were being warped out also not just Omni. But still we had taken out all the towers around, if CT was not there are you 100% sure you would have won after 3 hours of downhill defending? After all towers around and by the CT were gone?
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Oh yeah comeone both sides do that. Clanners begin first with that **** on RK2! I mean that damn put a healpet on Tower/Controler and then run out and stay in safe gas zone. The worst thing is that we cannot attack that damn healpet cause the "owner" is not in a pvp zone.

I mean get me 10 high lvl mps all put a healpet on a Controler and watch the attacker trying to get down that damn controler in 4 hours.

Thx funcom you really tested that notum wars game!

But well again. Omni destroyed a clanner base in CAV and 1 sec after the clanner controller were destroyed another clanner tower was builded and the only thing what the GM did was saying "I'll report that to our exploit team and they will decide what to do" Yeah good so we have to wait another month now before you say "Hmmm k that should be handled as a exploit"? So atm everyone can do that and noone will help and hey sorry to say that but GMs won't help - they don't helped us and its only fair that they don't help you.

I agree to you that those people who placed a tower should be min. get a warning on the account or better ban them for 1 month. And that tower should be removed by the GM too. But as I said they didn't help us so they cannot help you now too.

The org who used the shield disabler should be the only one! who is allowed to build a controler within 20mins after the old controler is down. And is the person who used a shield disabler isn't in a org then he is the only one who can build the controler for 20mins. That is so easy to handle but we all see that funcom cannot develop games. Maybe you should send your developer back to school - but what I see is that funcom is hiring cheap peoples to do that shop and I would bet that 90% of the peoples who develop that game doesn't have a computer science diploma too.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by Kungwho
    This is apparently still new territory code-wise. Therefore it seems more incumbent upon players to seek to minimize the unfairness that can be done in the current version of the world of RK. In a virtual world, just because it can be done is no argument for the fairness of doing it, and also no argument that there is some "rule" legitimating it.
    But wait, this is a "war" is it not? Shouldn't people in a war do anything possible to win?

Originally posted by Sanskrit

But wait, this is a "war" is it not? Shouldn't people in a war do anything possible to win?
    I believe every governmental entity except for OMNI-Tek and a few others have agreed to the ancient Geneva Convention of War, which includes not only limitations on what can be done to prisoners but which also limits the types of weapons used and upon whom they can be used. One can of course argue that this is simply another silly example of British "fair play," but there is truly nothing wrong with defining indecency out of warfare.

Of course, part of the purpose of this war is to convince OMNI-Tek to behave decently, and it hasn't been easy!
    Ashes to Ashes!

Twice, I've been in fights defending an omni ally's base, and I got stuck in a crash loop. Couldn't fight anymore.
    Should I call on ARKs, GMs, the Pope, The UN, and the attacking clan, to call off the attack, that it's no longer legitimate somehow, because I got screwed by Funcom's inadequate programming?
    The topic of exploiting is very debatable. In a sense, cheating in this game is impossible, because we're all playing in Funcom's sandbox. They write the code, they make the rules. If Funcom has decided, through their software coding, that tower ninja-ing is allowed, we're all reduced to playing at that level.
    It's cheesy. It's frustrating to the side that gets ripped off. Clan does it. Omni does it. Don't blame Joanofwhatever, blame the game designers.

Originally posted by Melbu
    Joan we also had problems with CC, a lot of us were being warped out also not just Omni. But still we had taken out all the towers around, if CT was not there are you 100% sure you would have won after 3 hours of downhill defending? After all towers around and by the CT were gone?
    None of us can be 100% sure of anything while CC is broken. There is a possibility that we could have held out until 100% gas, however. I don't think any land won while CC is bugged can be said to have been won fairly without a doubt.

I'm inclined to propose yet another agreement. That we should BOYCOTT NW. If we want these issues fixed quickly where we're alll 100% sure who is the real 'winner' and there is no debate because things work as they should then we should stop the battles over land until FC fixes the problem.

Band of Brothers

Base Stolen

Well, maybe several folks posting here can't speak for Band of Brothers, however I can. I do believe the 'ninja' tactics of the land control should cease. When should they cease? Yesterday, today, tomorrow, a week from now? I do believe it was in a tower raid 2 days before this incident, that Omni came in and smashed a tower in this same playfield. I may be wrong, but i was thinking it belonged to Lost Chapter as well. After waiting the 20 mins to place a control tower, a clan ended up out-clicking the would be omni conquering guild.

So how do we go about a rollback ? Because this is essentially what you are asking for. I'm sure everyone in BoB would agree with you on this topic of ninjaing the tower spots, but please, you call for a solution to the problem - after - your guild is put to a disadvantage?!? Hardly seems fair to anyone.

Something else I was interested in, since I was not in attendance on the raid on the ninja'd tower, you said 60 or so clan decided to raid. I believe the OC rules limit the attackers to 35 on each side, according to the launcher page. If we want to talk about exploits and fairness, how can this have happened and not be considered dishonorable?

Originally posted by Sanskrit

There's a difference between things that are *obviously* bugs in the game (winner of combat not getting the chance to put their tower down, aka ninja-placing) and your own petty hang-up about being attacked when you're offline.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re: Base Stolen

Originally posted by Kendric
    Something else I was interested in, since I was not in attendance on the raid on the ninja'd tower, you said 60 or so clan decided to raid. I believe the OC rules limit the attackers to 35 on each side, according to the launcher page. If we want to talk about exploits and fairness, how can this have happened and not be considered dishonorable?
    Crowd control is based on a 9 tile square (basically 120m by 120m). It is not based on zone or area. As such, it is entirely possible to attack a base (which is much much larger than 9 tiles) with far more people without triggering crowd control limits. The crowd control limit is usually only an issue when the assault centers in on the controller.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

JoanOfKahlan
    =
    land ninja

oh, omni also, but side shouldn't matter, ninja is ninja.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Originally posted by WIGZ
    JoanOfKahlan
    =
    land ninja

oh, omni also, but side shouldn't matter, ninja is ninja.
    Well spoken from the only pirate on AO...

Band of Brothers

In response to Kendrics last paragraph:

60 attackers= A lot of CC warpage :/
    35 attackers with 25 extra attackers around or on controller=Warpage for non guild attackers and defenders defenders.

CC is 100% borkeed because is counts non guild defenders as attackers in 25%. So attackers can't get in until 35 defenders clear out then 35+ defenders can't get in.

CC hurts everyone and needs to go.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin

There's a difference between things that are *obviously* bugs in the game (winner of combat not getting the chance to put their tower down, aka ninja-placing) and your own petty hang-up about being attacked when you're offline.
    Perhaps you could explain what that difference is Dharin, purveyor of the strict rulebook. I'd wager "land-ninja" is not yet a topic in that exhaustive tome that you love so much.

It's not a bug, although understand you wanting to say it is.

So my concerns are petty? From what I am hearing there were quite a few base attacks on Christmas Day. I guess the issue is petty and not worth discussing on these sacred forums. After all, everything else posted here is so important that petty ideas like mine should step back and make room for those grander mor deserving thoughts.

LOL.

P.S. Enjoyed teaming with you the other night.

Whitesand, I would like to clarify that the "omni" theft you are referring to in NO WAY involved Lost Chapter. We did not "lose" said base and we did not "ninja" said base. Please check these types of things before posting.

To some, saying you believe it was a LC base is like saying it WAS a LC base. Believe it or not, LC has made every attempt to stick to a reasonable ethical nature. Do unto others - and all. So please, do not pull our name thru the muck. We do NOT deserve it.

Thanx!
    KylSawz ..:: Lvl 216 Atrox Adv ::..
    General for Lost Chapter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123