Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Base Stolen

Lets be mature ....

Please also split Camelot into 2 castles, one for Omni and one for Clan, while you're at it ....
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

Hehe the one damn day i am not on...

Anyway, I have one question, you are *****ing about how Joan took your controller or whatever..... Well you had 20 minutes (a long time if you think about it) to put up a controller... Um.. why didnt you? If you are doing a raid, you should come prepared to place a tower after its predecessor falls so that this doesnt happen. Since you werent prepared obviously how can you NOT expect something like this to happen?

Like you wouldnt do it in a similar situation.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Originally posted by Lord Tritoch

Anyway, I have one question, you are *****ing about how Joan took your controller or whatever..... Well you had 20 minutes (a long time if you think about it) to put up a controller... Um.. why didnt you? If you are doing a raid, you should come prepared to place a tower after its predecessor falls so that this doesnt happen. Since you werent prepared obviously how can you NOT expect something like this to happen?

Read Patk's first post again, they couldn't place the first 20min either...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

A raid in my mind encompasses all the orgs that go, you should still have a person to place a controller. Tad bit more organization and this might not have happened. Yes i know its hard to know who will get the ability to place a controller but hey, all the "rules" were followed.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

In the same way as Noer posted a thread requesting some ethics when dealing with the new uniques that can take hours of work just to spawn, I also request some form of ethics established when dealing with things like this.

Leaders of most of the powerful clan organizations were willing to enter an agreement to make sure that this kind of thing never happened in the future, but it was turned down by the omnis that was present.

I personally don't support ninja looting, no matter who is doing it. I also don't support land ninjaing, no matter if it's clan or omni doing it. Now I see most omnis are pointing to how legion lost some base in PW, and says that makes it ok. But as we all know, two wrongs does not make one right.

If you at least had played a role in the fight, then I might have seen this in a different light, but this is a guild that didn't even offer any support to BoB while they were being attacked, they only came there 1 minute after the base blew up and set up a camp to steal the land. It's a low blow, just like Gmuphtor/Theman1 putting a level 30-40 alt in camelot for the single purpose of ninja looting tarasque, knowing that there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it when the people present are way out of his PvP range.

But I don't expect that piece of land to be in the hands of Obsidian Order for long. If you aren't capable of conquering lands using fair play, then you arent capable of holding it either.

Originally posted by Lord Tritoch

No one could place anything in the first 20 minutes. When it became evident that Pat could not place we had several other people try, all from different organizations that took part in the raid.

The GM that appeared acknowledged that there was a bug in the system that determines who can place or not, but due to the hollidays they are not able to patch it just yet. He also said, in the prescence of that dirty ninja that we were *supposed* to have had the rights to place within the first 20 minutes.

I dont understand?

If the gm said whoever had done the most damage to the controler had rights to the land when the controler fell how did an omni place another controler on the spot if they would have been defending?

It was a clan attack wasnt it? Was omni fighting omni there too?
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

From my point of view, it was a ninja land grab. It was unfair, and the honorable thing for Joan to do was to remove the tower after the explanation was had. It's irrelevant that Joan is Omni and Patk Clan. That this ninja land grab situation has happened to Legion is equally unfortunate if they made good faith efforts to put towers down within the time period.

All of your arguments are unpersuasive to me Joan, and--in the end--the more invisible hand of greed, power, opportunism, and perhaps a tad of "take that!" seem more at work. You took unfair advantage of a situation where folks were trying to get towers down within the 20 min--and couldn't for no fault of their own. It's more egregious in light of the inordinate amount of effort that was made by many players to destroy the base, and the trivial and flip click you alone did to undo it--not to mention you're lack of fundamental fairness after being apprised of the context which gave rise to your opportunity--and opportunism.

This is apparently still new territory code-wise. Therefore it seems more incumbent upon players to seek to minimize the unfairness that can be done in the current version of the world of RK. In a virtual world, just because it can be done is no argument for the fairness of doing it, and also no argument that there is some "rule" legitimating it.

I would hope that players--and I could care less here about factions--had more honor. Especially until FC decides to give us some clear rules on tower placement in these situations.
    Last edited by Kungwho; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 06:34:39.
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

Originally posted by Kungwho
    From my point of view, it was a ninja land grab. It was unfair, and the honorable thing for Joan to do was to remove the tower after the explanation was had. It's irrelevant that Joan is Omni and Patk Clan. That this ninja land grab situation has happened to Legion is equally unfortunate if they made good faith efforts to put towers down within the time period.
    The reason you feel this way is because no one else has been asked to give land back that was obtained due to apparent FC neglect. I doubt that if were I to have terminated that controller, we would have all joined hands together and started giving land back that was taken due to FC's bugs.

All of a sudden people have turned self-rightous and hypocritical in their judgement and in their demands.

All this time people have sat content with the way things are and then when the shoe is on the other foot we suddenly grow a conscious.

You want to preach about honor? This honor of which didn't show it's face until now? If it was, indeed, the honorable thing for me to do then why have I been the only one asked to do it?

If you want the -people- to start acting honorably then the -people- should start practicing what they preach.

I could have given back the tower; set a precedence if you will. There would have been no post made. This honor that you speak of wouldn't have come up and situations like this would have continued as they have in the past.

Fact is... no one is going to give back any land because they suddenly realize it's the honorable thing to do. It's just me that apparently should.

I don't think that kind of one-sided fairness is very... honorable...

The only good thing about all this is that because we've now grown wings people may be less inclined in the future to do what I did because they want to feel good about themselves and show everyone that "see? Look what WE do in this situation."

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    In the same way as Noer posted a thread requesting some ethics when dealing with the new uniques that can take hours of work just to spawn, I also request some form of ethics established when dealing with things like this.

Leaders of most of the powerful clan organizations were willing to enter an agreement to make sure that this kind of thing never happened in the future, but it was turned down by the omnis that was present.

I personally don't support ninja looting, no matter who is doing it. I also don't support land ninjaing, no matter if it's clan or omni doing it. Now I see most omnis are pointing to how legion lost some base in PW, and says that makes it ok. But as we all know, two wrongs does not make one right.

If you at least had played a role in the fight, then I might have seen this in a different light, but this is a guild that didn't even offer any support to BoB while they were being attacked, they only came there 1 minute after the base blew up and set up a camp to steal the land. It's a low blow, just like Gmuphtor/Theman1 putting a level 30-40 alt in camelot for the single purpose of ninja looting tarasque, knowing that there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it when the people present are way out of his PvP range.

But I don't expect that piece of land to be in the hands of Obsidian Order for long. If you aren't capable of conquering lands using fair play, then you arent capable of holding it either.
    I was actually there helping BoB during most of it which is why I was asked to do it to begin with.

Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Originally posted by JoanOfKahlan

I could have given back the tower; set a precedence if you will. There would have been no post made. This honor that you speak of wouldn't have come up and situations like this would have continued as they have in the past.

check the time on the below thread then check the time of your quoted post.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=84028

Originally posted by arsiine

check the time on the below thread then check the time of your quoted post.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=84028
    Not quite sure that I understand your point. But that is -after- the post Patk9 made last night which is -my- point.

Band of Brothers

To my mind, honor is done for it's own sake and not for faction, guild, recognition, expediency, whatever. Thus, most if not all of what you've said above sounds like a foreign language to me.

There is nothing good about this situation, or what you did, except to make others pause before doing something similarly shameless--to my mind.

As for "honor" suddenly cropping up here--there can be many innocuous reasons for this. Such as--in my case--only hearing about about this sort of thing for the first time this morning (and my being on the raid last night/morning with Patk). More important, who gives a hoot? If you're gonna "give" honor only if you "receive" honor in return, then in our discussion of honor we lack a ground upon which to walk anywhere.
    Last edited by Kungwho; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 09:14:09.
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

Originally posted by JoanOfKahlan

Not quite sure that I understand your point. But that is -after- the post Patk9 made last night which is -my- point.
    Allow me to re-iterate my point in a more simple manner.

1. You state their would be no posts made in regards to an "honorable action" given from one faction to the other.

2. Before your statement, there is a post covering the same tower-ninja topic in which a member of the clan faction praised an omni faction for an "honorable action".

3. Open your mind. People may suprise you.

Some ppl need to realize you cant blame FC 100%, its up to the players to run the game also.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: I dont understand?

Originally posted by svendor
    If the gm said whoever had done the most damage to the controler had rights to the land when the controler fell how did an omni place another controler on the spot if they would have been defending?

It was a clan attack wasnt it? Was omni fighting omni there too?
    Do you even read the threads which you post replies in?

Nobody was able to place within the 20 minute window due to an apparent bug acknowledged by a GM. After the 20 minutes, it became a free-for-all to see who could click the fastest to place a Controller, and Omni's mouse happened to clicked at the right time.

Settle down there little guy.

Yes sheffy i read but must have missed the part where this was said by the gm to be a bug.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Also ment to say.

Sounds like an exploit to me if all i have to do to get land is wait till someone kills the controler and beat them in putting up a new one.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Well, exploitation of a bug, but not an actual exploit as it is a bug which causes people not to place the controller. It's not like the players are intentionally causing that.

Regardless, Funcom certainly does need to perhaps re-work the way it decides who gets to build the tower.

What if a smaller guild wants to place a Controller and they get larger guilds to help them take a base? The other guilds will probably outdamage the smaller guild, thus making it so the smaller guild is unable to place a Controller within the alotted 20 minutes.

This means its going to be a free-for-all for both Clan and Omni guilds after those 20 minutes. That's just silly.

Originally posted by arsiine

Allow me to re-iterate my point in a more simple manner.

1. You state their would be no posts made in regards to an "honorable action" given from one faction to the other.

2. Before your statement, there is a post covering the same tower-ninja topic in which a member of the clan faction praised an omni faction for an "honorable action".

3. Open your mind. People may suprise you.
    Heh, alright... you misunderstood, then.

"I could have given back the tower; set a precedence if you will. There would have been no post made. This honor that you speak of wouldn't have come up and situations like this would have continued as they have in the past. "

These are my thoughts about what would have happened had I given back the tower. Hence why I started the paragraph with "I could have given back the tower." Most likely pat would not have made a post about ninja'ing land. It has nothing to do with who posts what after the fact.

Band of Brothers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast