Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Base Stolen

Base Stolen

Tonight I along with a few others decided to go after Band of Brothers base in DAV, lvl 140-210 base. So we gather up about 60 total clanners and we raid the base eventually killing it.

I used the shield neutralizer and I was the 1st of any guild to initiate attack, by that the rights to plant a controller after omni's was gone should have belonged to my guild, Lost chapter. However the system failed us, we had to wait the 20 minutes and as a ranking member placed a controller an Omni by the name of Joanofkahlan decided to also place a controller in our land, the guildies poofed and the Omni control tower was put up. After 3 hours + of 60 or so clanners raiding the base was stolen and dishonorably she decided not to take the tower down and let it be to its rightfull owner. an ark arrived followed by a GM. They then told us that it was whoever did the most dmg as a guild on the controller is how the rights to the area worked out.

After GM said his hands are tied , Joan still refused to take down the tower.

I was highly and still am very upset about this. Obisidian order needs to become mature as a guild and as human's to realize how childish this was.

Math:
    60 clanners + 40 or so dead Omni - 50m worth of towers + 3 hours time = total waste of time thanks to 1 player acting as god.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

First it was, Joan isn't an exploiter, she just doesn't understand. Please, be kind and good and give us back our tower. Now it's a nice insulting post threaded with a few good threats.

Look...

People were asked to attempt to place a tower down after the 20 minutes were up and the land was then obtainable by anyone, any faction.

I placed the tower.

Then I proceeded to receive threats, insults, etc, telling me that their neutralizer failed and therefore I should give the base to them. As it turns out, apparently, the neutralizer doesn't even -work-. According to a GM, whoever does the most damage gets the immediate rights to it.

Because of one of FC's bugs, Omni should to take it up the butt and /tower terminate, and basically hand over land because ... FC failed to mention that neutralizers don't work?

All I know is that I was able to place a tower after 20 minutes. And that's what I did. Very simple. I went in accordance to what I knew at the time; that there was not a tower there, and that I could place one.

Yes, the fact that this neutralizer apparently failed is a problem. The fact that Omni lost a base because CC doesn't work as intended is a problem. The fact that I can't get off a CH at times when I need to on account of lag is a problem.

That doesn't mean clan should go "oops, look CC isn't working for them. See how so few can get in to defend their base while 30 of us our attacking it? Let's go away and come back at a better time. Anyone up for a mission? I hear T's up."

That doesn't mean clan should go "Hey, look at that doc over there, notice how she's receiving tons of damage and isn't healing? She must be lagging. Let's stop attacking her and allow for it to clear up. I feel so bad. Does anyone know the words to the Barney song? Let's sing while we head to Camelot."

That doesn't mean omni should go "Hey, we were told by LC that their neutralizer failed. It appears that the guild that does the most damage gets immediate rights to the land. Let's give LC the base that they took from BoB."

We don't blame clan because we can't come out and defend properly because of CC issues. We don't blame clan for the lag. We don't blame clan when we lose an item because we crashed. We don't blame clan because we died in a battle due to lag.

I don't think it's fair... for you to expect us to take FC's bugs up the butt when you're not willing to yourself.

At the time I write this, what used to be an Omni base is now clan because of this very same thing happening. And yet we're asked to set a precedent. We're asked to "sign" an agreement. Oddly enough, no one in clan thought to give this base back to Omni when this happened. Omni didn't expect clan to hand it over like we were needy Jerry's Kids who couldn't handle what we have all come to know and love, FC bugs. Oh oh, but when it happens to clan, sure enough, posts are made. GM's, ARK's, their grandma, grandpa, Uncle Bob, and the Child Welfare Department come out to fix the problem.

Hmm.

And I'm a bad girl because I didn't want to do what LC told me to do. Therefore, I need to be spanked really hard. Naturally, I am to assume that I am a bad person for placing this tower.

Well, no... I don't think so...

I would gladly terminate the controller if I knew that no one has ever lost land due to FC bugs and changes. If FC didn't explicitly say that -any- one could place a tower after 20 minutes and make that possible then I could understand your point. But that's not the case. And for you to ask me to do that would mean you're special; that your guild and Clan as a whole should not have to deal with such things as an "Oops, did we fail to mention to you that you won't be able to place this tower immediately and that someone else may want to claim the land that was taken from Omni while you're farting around deciding on whether or not to place it near the lake for a nice lakeside view on a clear sunny afternoon during brunch?"

Who in the hell are you kidding here and when did you grow wings and stop having to flush because your **** now -cleans- toilets?

If this is a legitimate problem that FC wants to handle, then let's have them handle it. Let's have them require that everyone terminate every controller that's on land obtained because of one the myriad of bugs. If FC says I exploited a bug by placing a tower THEY told me I can place after 20 mins then please, by all means, let them terminate it. They have that power. Hell, send me an official fax telling me that I must terminate or I'll lose my account. That'll get your base back quick for sure.

But don't put this **** on me. Don't put this **** on Omni.
    I mean really. We all gotta flush, and we all gotta scrape the goo out from under our feet everytime we have a 5 minute zone.

Live with it like everyone else in this game does. I don't know if you neutralized the controller or not. I don't know which one of your guilds did the most damage. And frankly, I don't care anymore after this lame post I just read.

And as far as this agreement not to lay down after 20 minutes it is certainly fair. But I've seen agreements between Omni and Clan come and go and they don't last. Not everyone adheres to them. What really needs to happen if this is, indeed, a bug, is for FC to simply fix the problem. Making an attempt to get everyone involved in this agreement when it's as simple as changing some code so that Neutralizers work properly seems to me to be the hard and inefficient way of solving the problem.

(And people have accused me of being long winded. Pfft.)

JoanofKahlan / Basilica / Fixlica / Joankahza / Joaness
    Band of Brothers

"There are four chief obstacles in grasping truth ... namely, submission to faulty and unworthy authority, influence of custom, popular prejudice,and the concealment of our own ignorance accompanied by an ostentatious display of our knowledge." --Roger Bacon

Isnt that what happened to Omni the other day and when omni was complaining, all the clanners reply was some sort of BS and that its our fault if we couldnt place tower.. this and that. Its funny how opinions and point of view change when its happening to the other side of the conflict. Im not saying your in this Patk, but alot of ppl were.

Patk9, would you like your lukewarm baby' bottle with some milk, maybe with some honey, so you can stop pouting and start sucking?

That sucks, but...

Obsidian Order can't be that big. Just take the land away again. There's obviously a problem here and one of these days FC will fix it. Until that point, it's pretty apparent that you may or may not get land rights from your tower kills. Plan accordingly.

Ninja Wars - ones more NOFUN COM.

/me Still looking for the description of the mechanics of NW in one of my two $29,-- Booster-Packs.

And can't really blame Joan, she just did what was best for her guilde and fraction, at least she thinks so..... ]:>) hehehe. For us it just turned the "best tower-raid ever" in a "unhappyending story".

Re: That sucks, but...

Can't say it any better than Joan did

Originally posted by Captain *BLEEEEEP*
    Obsidian Order can't be that big.
    You really should check your facts before posting Captain - guess nearly 700 members just aint that big
    President of the Obsidian Order
    Please pass the babies!!!

It would be nice if the systems worked as advertised though.

Oh wait, how they work hasn't been advertised.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I think Joan was wrong here. She took advantage of something known to not be working like it should be. She knew shre had no right to that land, and her "well, since others were screwed by it, and you knew about it, you should take it just like everyone else had to. Dont let it bothjer you that I took the land that you fought long and hard for, and I did nothing for."

You were wrong to do this Joan.

sorry.

just because its a known bug, and others have been screwed by it, doesnt make it right for you to screw otrher people with it.

I hope your base gets crushed.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

As I said yesterday and many other LCers first of all we were not there at the base which was stolen by clanners and were not in any way involved in it. I find it childish that your main arguement against "taking a first step" against this flawed system is that you hold a grudge against some clanners and now your going to do the exact same thing they did to Clans who were not even involved in that action which you hate. That to me is what two 8 year olds would do, a kid gets pushed another pushes back just because "he got pushed first" and it keeps going until one of them is down or is off crying in some corner.

So look, we came to you with civilized proposal to stop a lot of furute base ninjaing to the best of our abilities until Funcom gets a fix for the system. This is an agreement that helps BOTH sides not just us clanners. However its not going to stop all base ninjas but hey the world is not perfect and can't ask for things to be perfect.

And Joan we are taking thisis "up the butt" and not sitting back like you have shown. You have to expect insults Joan after putting up a tower 20min after a 3 hour attack, people there playing almost until daylight, 50million creds worth of towers destroyed for what? So Omni can take it back because we built towers at the same time however you got first dibs? You say its an inefficient solution to get as many people as possible in an aggreeing and this stresses me out a lot.

So what do you propose Joan, do you have BETTER way to solve it? If so please post them because I didn't see you give one single idea last night. However if your solution is to sit back and do nothing that is not good enough, we need to take a step foward this time which Obsidian Order doesn't feel up to the task because of a misplaced "grudge". We as a player base need to come up with a better way to handle these situations. If you do not wish to be a team player then we will have to find anothewr way to solve this.

I ask that Obsidian Order officers ATLEAST sit down and talk about it. Check out the Policy thread on this forum also. If you don't agrree fine, we will just have to find other means of reaching our goal and move on without you. Without a positive influence on the game community as players, not omni or clan. Even Kharoon (the GM) said it would be great if we could come to a solution as players while they work on things at FC.

PS we said you were not an exploiter Joan and agreed with you, why did you bring it up again? If you were explioting the ARK and GM would have done something which they didn't.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Where was the outrage when it happened to Legion?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=83210
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Rebecca again, what do you want us to do about that wave our magic wand, teleport into the past and say "Don't ninja that base". We were not there and we had the same done to us. Now were trying to do something about it so the Legion and LC mishaps become a rare sight. My answer to where was the outrage was, most likely from Legion and friends when it happend to you guys of course just like we feel. I find this "It happend to us first" arguement to be flawed and now that both sides have tasted some if this can come to an agreement. What your really saying by denying this is:

"Well we don't want to do anything about it because your a clanner and we can't think as players, only as ingame characters who don't want to make a change for the better because you hit me first."

Which sounds harsh but when you look at it closely enough is 100% true. We could have walked away from this and do the "That's it your bases are going down, your going to regret this" route but we didn't. We took a step back and came to you as players.

Ask yourselves do you want this to be "Ninja Grief Wars", or "Play Fair Wars", think about it.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Check my other post if you want to know my stance on this.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Checked, I like the idea Rebecca.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Originally posted by Jynne
    It would be nice if the systems worked as advertised though.

Oh wait, how they work hasn't been advertised.
    Thanks for the laugh! Oh, and so TRUE!
    Ashes to Ashes!

Re: Re: That sucks, but...

Originally posted by Opulent
    You really should check your facts before posting Captain - guess nearly 700 members just aint that big

As of last Ymera update.

151-200 24
    126-150 39

Big in numbers small in levels. I think you made the mistake of thinking many members = powerful org. Less then 10% of your org is really anything to worry about.

Patk9 wrote
    They then told us that it was whoever did the most dmg as a guild on the controller is how the rights to the area worked out.
    Well now we know the real deal. It does not matter who attacks first, it's who does the most damage.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Originally posted by Nursebetti

Well now we know the real deal. It does not matter who attacks first, it's who does the most damage.
    Not really. I was told at a previous incident it's the organization that uses the shield disabler first. So at this point, we still don't truly know.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I think it should be based strictly on the shield disabler.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast