Thread: multi person car question for DEV team

multi person car question for DEV team

Well Dev team you guy abviously thought of this, is it possible or does it take alot of code to write? and will this feature be implemented in the game anytime soon, or will it never happen?

inquiring minds want to know.

thanks

I thought the Stiletto is a 6 person vehicle ?

Not many people can actually use it tho.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Well it really doesn't serve much purpose, I don't think. Don't see too many situations where multiperson vehicles could be used.

~Chris

Want something to move lots of people at once?

Nano Crystal (Instantaneous Encoding)
    Nano Crystal (Hack Grid Data Stream-Team)
    Nano Crystal (Team Beacon Warp)

OK so the last one kinda sucks, but you get the picture.

FC is never gonna handle multi-person vehicles.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Mostly the need for this is at lower lvls. Everyone gets inb a team. They are to low yet to pull BS missionss, so they end up with one WTF out in Newland Desert or something. "Who has a yalm?" <silence> Eventually one person who was afk comes back and says " i have one" Now, wouldnt it be LOADS easier if the one person in that lvl 25-30 party can fly the resat of the people to the missions? instead, he flys there, and waits 20 minutres for the rest of the party to show up.

However, this will never happen. FC does not beleive in making anything easy or practical for the user base.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

That low a level you should be able to get closer missions.

Secondly, in regards to MPVs, this is why they never will. There are two ways I see to implement them:

1)driver wears vehicle. Members of driver's team right click on car and are forced to do a /follow, and their avatar's vanish and gain flight abilities if it flies.

2)Driver wears vehicle. Teammates right click on it, and are brought to a special room. Driver goes to locale, removes vehicle, and team is dumped out wherever he's at.

OK why is this a problem?

Lag. SO OK we go route 1. we ALL know how well /follow works with lag. You'll lose people left and right. Through in the latest "warp" bugs, an we're realy screwed. Route 2, what happens if someone LDs in the room, where do they come back at? Do they get stuck in there and have to /term? Do they land wherever the driver is/was before he logged? If the zoning server goes wonky, do people get trapped in? Out? No, too much could go wrong.

Fixer
    RK-1

Make them like Battlefield 1942
    I like to see vehicle that hactually have seat in there taht players can switch around

actually, if people in vehicle it will acquire less graphic modelling so i can see why there will be lag? I mean when you funa nd follow someone, you see all the toons infront of you or see the toons that following... I dont know how to explain it. It's just an idea . Would be nice though.
    /me jump to the bottom gun and fire
    /me jump back to the top gun and continue firing

Originally posted by Mechgal
    actually, if people in vehicle it will acquire less graphic modelling so i can see why there will be lag? I mean when you funa nd follow someone, you see all the toons infront of you or see the toons that following... I dont know how to explain it. It's just an idea . Would be nice though.
    /me jump to the bottom gun and fire
    /me jump back to the top gun and continue firing
    FC manages to find lag where there should be no lag.

I have a cable modem and a ton of memory and a darn good vid card, and I can lag in the Fixer grid when I'm the only one there.

Fixer
    RK-1

I have a cable modem and a ton of memory and a darn good vid card, and I can lag in the Fixer grid when I'm the only one there.
    I asume thats after you spent your day in BS
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Tribes2 Gunship!!
    signature ! !