Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm and Tradskillz

Storm and Tradskillz

Hello!

This game has developed into a game where people don’t take the time to appreciate playing with other people. I just though I would post a comment and just maybe the guild leaders will ask their members to be a little more courteous.

Normally I don’t think badly of people but Saturday night I was on one of the ****tiest teams I have ever had the privilege of knowing. It doesn’t have anything to do with their combat abilities or knowing their profession either. The majority of the team was made up of STORM and one Tradskillz member.

I started off the mission asking for extra buffs like we always do in the first room. The only buff I got was an NCU increase and a critical strike increase buff. Now that would have been nice if I had my Ithaca on, however, I changed to a pepper pistol so I wouldn’t have to buff my BM and MM. Why even give me a NCU increase if no one is going to buff me. Most fixers will also give me a speed buff with the NCU increase.

When I enter a mission I always give everyone my longer term, short term health buffs, and other buffs if they have the ncu space and the need for them. They don’t have to ask me, I have been playing this game long enough to know who needs what.

I am primarily a healing doctor and I spend my time chain healing to keep everybody in the team topped off on their health. This takes considerable nano packs and I use the 125 to 200 level nano rechargers. I usually always heal from inside another room, one or two rooms away from the fight. Which doesn’t allow me much chance to loot a body first or a chest first, so I am left with picking through the leftovers. Which I don’t mind, I am use to averaging 4mil in my savings and I have friends that help me out when I need something. On the rare occasion I will team with much higher levels that don’t loot anything so I get to loot and the only draw back to that is, I get left behind.

Occasionally I will attempt to get to the chest first and this does take some planning on my part. Then I will be the only one at the chest trying to pick up my lock pick so that I can open the chest. When all of a sudden someone will come up behind me and snatch the chest from me. If I see someone stand at a chest I always allow them their chance and then when they walk away I take my turn. Ok! So here I am thinking to myself “No I wasn’t trying to open the chest or anything, I was just here admiring how Funcom placed the chest here in the first place.” I can see this being a mistake once but numerous times is just being deliberately greedy. So I just stopped trying and concentrated on healing them as they all split up in different directions.

Through the whole mission this went on and I just figured these are just a bunch of selfish kids playing the game. Plus, probably this is how the leader of STORM and TRADSKILLZ have taught their guild members, to be selfish, greedy, inconsiderate and to think “very man out for themselves.” Have any of you looted the boss and took something that you really wanted but ended up giving it to somebody else, someone you didn’t know, just to be nice? Probably not?

Then it came time for the boss. While I’m buffing and the rest of the team heads up to start killing the boss. I get up to the boss and I have to catch up on healing them. Then when the boss dies I try to loot, just like most people but someone else beats me to him first. (no big deal, its free for all) I have never been a faster looter anyway, I think it has some thing to do with my computer not loading the graphics fast enough. As this is happening someone completes the mission. I don’t even get to see what is looted because they are killing the lackeys and I am looking at my team member list to make sure all is ok!

My inventory is full because I forgot to sell from the previous missions. I try to put an item in a back pack, so that I can take my token out of the overflow window. This is all happening within seconds. Then a fixer grids us out, with no warning and I loose my token and reward item. When I grid everyone out of a mission, I always tell everyone I am starting the grid and did everyone get what they wanted. I dont have much to look forward to in this game, other then getting my 1k token board. So to loose my tokens because of a few thoughtless players, hurts.

Being ignored because maybe I’m not a guild mate or myabe I am not exciting enough to play with, loosing experience from dying, loosing a token or item has never bothered me. I have played this game from launch and it was a lot harder back then so I can appreciate some things that new players didn't get to experience.

Now days its just a matter of running through a mission mindlessly. However, I am sure there are others who would sure appreciate a little more consideration on the part of others. Try not thinking about yourself STORM and TRADSKILLZ, give others in your team a chance. You invited them to team, so treat them as if they are part of your guild.

how about naming the person and not the guild they are in ?
    you are talking about 1 or 2 players from 2 guilds, one rely big and one "up and coming"

don't you think it's a bit rude to generalize the entire guild for what 1 or 2 players did ?

all guilds have bad apples some just more than others

Some DO have more bad apples than others. Every Storm member I've run into at the Smuggler's Den have this funny idea that they can "get" me and the team I'm with killed by training mobs and Ash Anderson on them. Hint, after the dozenth time it still dosen't work and is considered to be an exploit!
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

LOL! how about naming the ONE person that gridded you instead of the entire frickin guild? And even then im sure it was an accident. Just check your bags before reaching the bossroom
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

It's easy to get on a guild's bad side, just be Omni while theyre clan.

Its called in character.

But, if you help those people out, yuo will find these people are really usually nice.

My experiences with Storm started out pretty rocky, but I found I wanted to get to know them for a better perspective, so I started to manipulate the vantage point by being at their raids and helping with heals. They tend to be very appreciative.

They could have sent me a tell like, dont do that, or who knows what, but Wolfe, the president of Storm, Hratgard, Loveyou, so many others in Storm are actually friendly.

Sure Im not in the guild nor do i know them per se, any more then this, but that's how I see it.

Originally posted by Emiko
    It's easy to get on a guild's bad side, just be Omni while theyre clan.

Its called in character.
    I am Omni and I have very many Clan friends....also shouting till you get the buffs you want also works for me.
    :P
    Medoctor- 208 Doctor
    Bocijr-206 Soldier

hmm,

one mission,

one time,

one specific group of players,

Actualy... i wasn't going to answer this post.

"Xp group" is the term we use as 'stormers' when we get together, its is commonly known among storm members that when in one of these groups we will eb moving very fast because we are in an "xp group". So if a mob drops right infront of you loot it.. if you have to go three rooms back or spend a minute finding your lockpick and opening a chest, don't. were there for one thing.. Xp.. and we wan't to get it fast..

I'm sorry that no-one told you, but thats how a lot of regular teaming buddies in storm do things.. we do't bother looting.. we don't even bother killing the boss 50% of the time... because the effort/time factor is just too much.. get to the next mission and do more killing.

Yes, as a doc i understand that its expensive.. and the need to loot/chest loot for nanopacks is important.

The buff thing.. well, i can only say that our guild chat can get 'very' busy at times, and i have to repeat myself sometimes...

Sorry we annoyed you..

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

This isnt really a flame or nothin, but isnt it Tradeskillz? Id at least know the name before I talked smack.

please

I don't see how insulting the members of two LARGE guilds is going to make this any better....

You had one bad experience. And it seems more like there was just no communication going on rather than "this is how the leader of STORM and TRADSKILLZ have taught their guild members, to be selfish, greedy, inconsiderate and to think 'every man out for themselves'"

I have often handed over items i do not need to other members of my team ... most of the time i don't even request boss loot...

If you didn't get any buffs in the first room then you could've kept asking for them...did you ask for specific buffs or just the "hit me with any buffs" request. That can be kinda annoying and i tend to ignore that one too. The only standard buffs i expect are ncu, run buff, and hp buff...After that i always ask specifically for any buff i want(essence, mor/mod, etc.)

You are a reasonably high lvl char. You should know that a majority of teams at high lvls only mission for xp. I agree that it sucks that you lost your token. Even at my level i have never been on a team where they wait around for people to loot chests...But is the whole guild inconsiderate cause you lost ONE mission token?

Did you communicate any of your concerns to your team members? IF team members split up then you can't be reasponible for healing them...it's that simple. When i'm a primary healer and the team starts going in different directions I always let them know if they do that then i can't be responsible for keeping them alive. That makes them come back fairly quickly.
    And if they don't you have at least made them aware of the consequences of their actions.

Communication is key here. Obviously there was a lack of it on both parties...but i don't think it's fair for you to start insulting guilds because you had one bad experience.

Hopefully next time you'll have a better experience...

-HunterAndy - Adv
    Tempest Unit Leader

Tis true, there are a lit of storm members recently i have seen inside SD, and other than trying to outdamage my team of me and 2 friends on every mob we get, all they basically did was keep trying to lure ash onto us.

Not all storm are like that tho, some are really good people

I personally would have named the people in these guilds, so that we could see how well the leaders of the mentioned guilds would deal with their inability to be considerate.
    Corinthians - 220 Nano Technician
    Pickygirl - 220 Engineer
    Pink - 220 Fixer
    Israel - 220 Keeper
    Israeli - 220 Shade
    Amenadiel - 165 Soldier
    Maitrize - 173 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians
    {Etaks: Do not post this again.}

somtimes when im in a missions and everyone is buffing i dont se what everyone wants (becous of guldchat spam, teamchat spam and nano message spam), so if you want buffs try asking for them 2-3 times

i dont aout buff ppls becous somtimes they have more inportant buffs they want to gett then the once i have, or maybe the need free NCU (for mongo, TMS or NS).

when i XP i do what Caleena is posting, i never loot and i dont like killing bosses, it takes to much time. somtimes we do pick locks becous of the XP but its rare that somone loots.

i wouldent say somthing like this about a guild when i onyl team whit them one time, its always wrong to juge a guild becous of somthing a few ppls do..

and to say that strom is teatching ther mebers to be greedy is wrong, i help more ppls now days (becous im higher lvl and can do more for low lvl chars ).

well have a nice day, cya on RK-1
    w00p w00p!!

Hey Ginger, i'm woundering why you feel the need to bash to whole of Tradeskillz when its only one member out of the guild that was casuing problems for you? I've spoken to you before and we seemed to get along fine, except now im classed greedy and selfish

Regards,
    StrayDuck
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Another thing to remember is that often a team splits up just because the players are confident in their ability to solo whatever they meet. They will usually kill whatever mob they are dealing with and then rejoin the main group.

As a doc it can get frustrating trying to remain responsible for the lives of players who run in all directions at once, but sometimes you just have to tell yourself that they will do fine, and you'll top up their health when they get back.

think about 50% of active high lv clan player is Storm now anyway :P for most part get along with all Storm
    Last edited by Divinecross; Dec 30th, 2002 at 08:23:46.

Hey Ginger, i'm woundering why you feel the need to bash to whole of Tradeskillz when its only one member out of the guild that was casuing problems for you? I've spoken to you before and we seemed to get along fine, except now im classed greedy and selfish

Regards,
    StrayDuck
    Heh, imagine how we must feel, if one player looks at another player funny teh whole guild is painted black.

People will associate the action sof one player with the entire guild its inevitable.

As a doc it can get frustrating trying to remain responsible for the lives of players who run in all directions at once, but sometimes you just have to tell yourself that they will do fine, and you'll top up their health when they get back.
    Oh yeah.. im a doc too, how about the ones that run in the opposite direction of the boss at 40% health just as you targeted them with CH, and then you get the no line of sight...

Regards,

Cal
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

This is why I just team with Stormers and my good friends. Cause then I can yell at them and stuff for days on end without having to check the forums.

^ ^

Re: Storm and Tradskillz

Originally posted by Drginger
    Hello!

This game has developed into a game where people don’t take the time to appreciate playing with other people. I just though I would post a comment and just maybe the guild leaders will ask their members to be a little more courteous.

Normally I don’t think badly of people but Saturday night I was on one of the ****tiest teams I have ever had the privilege of knowing. It doesn’t have anything to do with their combat abilities or knowing their profession either. The majority of the team was made up of STORM and one Tradskillz member.

I started off the mission asking for extra buffs like we always do in the first room. The only buff I got was an NCU increase and a critical strike increase buff. Now that would have been nice if I had my Ithaca on, however, I changed to a pepper pistol so I wouldn’t have to buff my BM and MM. Why even give me a NCU increase if no one is going to buff me. Most fixers will also give me a speed buff with the NCU increase.

When I enter a mission I always give everyone my longer term, short term health buffs, and other buffs if they have the ncu space and the need for them. They don’t have to ask me, I have been playing this game long enough to know who needs what.

I am primarily a healing doctor and I spend my time chain healing to keep everybody in the team topped off on their health. This takes considerable nano packs and I use the 125 to 200 level nano rechargers. I usually always heal from inside another room, one or two rooms away from the fight. Which doesn’t allow me much chance to loot a body first or a chest first, so I am left with picking through the leftovers. Which I don’t mind, I am use to averaging 4mil in my savings and I have friends that help me out when I need something. On the rare occasion I will team with much higher levels that don’t loot anything so I get to loot and the only draw back to that is, I get left behind.

Occasionally I will attempt to get to the chest first and this does take some planning on my part. Then I will be the only one at the chest trying to pick up my lock pick so that I can open the chest. When all of a sudden someone will come up behind me and snatch the chest from me. If I see someone stand at a chest I always allow them their chance and then when they walk away I take my turn. Ok! So here I am thinking to myself “No I wasn’t trying to open the chest or anything, I was just here admiring how Funcom placed the chest here in the first place.” I can see this being a mistake once but numerous times is just being deliberately greedy. So I just stopped trying and concentrated on healing them as they all split up in different directions.

Through the whole mission this went on and I just figured these are just a bunch of selfish kids playing the game. Plus, probably this is how the leader of STORM and TRADSKILLZ have taught their guild members, to be selfish, greedy, inconsiderate and to think “very man out for themselves.” Have any of you looted the boss and took something that you really wanted but ended up giving it to somebody else, someone you didn’t know, just to be nice? Probably not?

Then it came time for the boss. While I’m buffing and the rest of the team heads up to start killing the boss. I get up to the boss and I have to catch up on healing them. Then when the boss dies I try to loot, just like most people but someone else beats me to him first. (no big deal, its free for all) I have never been a faster looter anyway, I think it has some thing to do with my computer not loading the graphics fast enough. As this is happening someone completes the mission. I don’t even get to see what is looted because they are killing the lackeys and I am looking at my team member list to make sure all is ok!

My inventory is full because I forgot to sell from the previous missions. I try to put an item in a back pack, so that I can take my token out of the overflow window. This is all happening within seconds. Then a fixer grids us out, with no warning and I loose my token and reward item. When I grid everyone out of a mission, I always tell everyone I am starting the grid and did everyone get what they wanted. I dont have much to look forward to in this game, other then getting my 1k token board. So to loose my tokens because of a few thoughtless players, hurts.

Being ignored because maybe I’m not a guild mate or myabe I am not exciting enough to play with, loosing experience from dying, loosing a token or item has never bothered me. I have played this game from launch and it was a lot harder back then so I can appreciate some things that new players didn't get to experience.

Now days its just a matter of running through a mission mindlessly. However, I am sure there are others who would sure appreciate a little more consideration on the part of others. Try not thinking about yourself STORM and TRADSKILLZ, give others in your team a chance. You invited them to team, so treat them as if they are part of your guild.
    There is a lot of love here, I need a hug!
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

Talking Racism

omg lol. Are u You a Racist too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast