Thread: great idea

Thumbs up Great Idea.. Lets try this shall we?

For future patches or even shadowlands... wouldn't it be great if you could custoomize your weapons? An example of what I mean... My main is a 152 soldier. I use the division 9 like most of us do. But its missing something... you know I would love to make this thing have a full auto capability. It would be very nice.. since the hellspinner cannon comes in ither a 71 level required weapon or a darn 175 level required weapon. (explain that one to me, a 100 level jump!? can't there be like a 110 or 130 level reged one or soemthing!? ;P) Well what if we had recipies for adding different specials to each gun in the store. Then you could go into the ranged weapons tradskill store and buy a book for it.. Say to add the full auto option you needed 5 parts. After you know what you need either have the parts availible in that shop or mob and boss drops or even a combination of both. Now here will be soemthing else a engineer or trader will be good at.. You take all these parts to them, they do there magic and Vua-la you now have a division 9 that has a burst and a full auto option on it. And this idea is no way far from reality, hell a good gunsmith can work wonders on weapons. Yes I know that will open a big door of possibilites with all the wepons having all these new specials that people can use on each other.. it might unbalance evertything. But I submit to you that yes a agent could make his X-3 rifle have all the options.. Sure an agent could use the 200 X-3 rifle with the fling, and burst and full auto, and snipe option... but do you think he would? My 125 agent surely would not the IP useage would gimp him forever! All those Dark blue skills, thats way they are dark blue my agent is no good at them and stays well away from any weapon that uses them. People for the most part will be smart about it and not add to many special attacks because if they do they would have to heavily invest in soemthing they are not good at, which will drain away thier IP's and gimp them. But properly used this would be great for all the professions. We could even take this Idea further and say.. okay you get 2 or 3 possible upgrades to a weapon.. So you can add special attacks.. or increase the damage output.. or increase the attack speed or delay speed, or how about increasing the magazine size, or change its damage type, or add buffs to it like max hp's, max nano, exp increase, A few of the many possibilities. You could take a lot of okay weapons and turn them into a really good weapon. So no one would be almost forced to use one or two of the thousands of weapons out there because they are good weapons and the rest are crap. My dream weapon... you take the Man-portable laser.. (I like the look, the sound when it fires, and the huge fire ball blast it make off mobs when the rounds hit :-) I would customize it by adding about 20 rounds to the magazine, and make it's speed a 4, 4. Just one example of the endles possibilites, it will be up to you to design your own perfect weapon :-) Thank you all for your time. Have a fun day on Rubi-ka
    Last edited by Sandbag 6; Dec 22nd, 2002 at 07:59:42.

Good idea.

I am a nt and i dont use guns but i like your idea of how each gun has an available build slot from one to maybe three. This would make guns like implants and maybe in could be based on that weapon smithing trade skill to install modifications to it.

I like this idea because not only could you add more special attacks but you could then also add skill boosts to.
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

Pararaphs... please.

~Chris

Re: Great Idea.. Lets try this shall we?

For the sake of readability, lol:

Originally posted by Sandbag 6
    For future patches or even shadowlands... wouldn't it be great if you could custoomize your weapons? An example of what I mean... My main is a 152 soldier. I use the division 9 like most of us do. But its missing something... you know I would love to make this thing have a full auto capability. It would be very nice.. since the hellspinner cannon comes in ither a 71 level required weapon or a darn 175 level required weapon. (explain that one to me, a 100 level jump!? can't there be like a 110 or 130 level reged one or soemthing!? ;P)

What if we had recipies for adding different specials to each gun in the store. Then you could go into the ranged weapons tradskill store and buy a book for it.. Say to add the full auto option you needed 5 parts. After you know what you need either have the parts availible in that shop or mob and boss drops or even a combination of both. Now here will be soemthing else a engineer or trader will be good at.. You take all these parts to them, they do there magic and Vua-la you now have a division 9 that has a burst and a full auto option on it.

This idea is no way far from reality, hell a good gunsmith can work wonders on weapons. Yes I know that will open a big door of possibilites with all the wepons having all these new specials that people can use on each other.. it might unbalance evertything. But I submit to you that yes a agent could make his X-3 rifle have all the options.. Sure an agent could use the 200 X-3 rifle with the fling, and burst and full auto, and snipe option... but do you think he would? My 125 agent surely would not the IP useage would gimp him forever! All those Dark blue skills, thats way they are dark blue my agent is no good at them and stays well away from any weapon that uses them. People for the most part will be smart about it and not add to many special attacks because if they do they would have to heavily invest in soemthing they are not good at, which will drain away thier IP's and gimp them.

Properly used this would be great for all the professions. We could even take this Idea further and say.. okay you get 2 or 3 possible upgrades to a weapon.. So you can add special attacks.. or increase the damage output.. or increase the attack speed or delay speed, or how about increasing the magazine size, or change its damage type, or add buffs to it like max hp's, max nano, exp increase, A few of the many possibilities. You could take a lot of okay weapons and turn them into a really good weapon. So no one would be almost forced to use one or two of the thousands of weapons out there because they are good weapons and the rest are crap.

My dream weapon... you take the Man-portable laser.. (I like the look, the sound when it fires, and the huge fire ball blast it make off mobs when the rounds hit :-) I would customize it by adding about 20 rounds to the magazine, and make it's speed a 4, 4. Just one example of the endles possibilites, it will be up to you to design your own perfect weapon :-) Thank you all for your time. Have a fun day on Rubi-ka

Post Good idea!

Something similar has been discussed, and the original poster has reopened/restarted the thread:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=84168

Upgradable weapons? Yes, please!

Build your own gun? Great!

3000 soldiers using identical Div-9? No, thanks!

... and Funcom, it´s not about a specific weapon! It´s about creating a unique character for every player! Mass Customisation is key to modern economy, implement it here! ... please

Orionite