Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dust Brigade vanished?

Dust Brigade vanished?

Hello all...
    Its been awhile since we have heard\seen anything of the "feared" terrorists :the Dust brigade... No terror actions or assassins,nothing.. The sentinels,Philip ross etc etc have not mentioned a word about them lately,are the gone? Vanished?
    Any WOrd?
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

I would doubt that really much, there is a group of them in Perp Waste that u can go fight

As for their activities... dont count on that they are gone
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

They have been quiet lately.

Maybe because the Clan has pretty much collapsed and they are waiting to see how it plays out.

Of course they can be manipulating events quietly too. But that hasn't been their style.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

I found this out on Saturday:

Friday was the 1-year anniversary of the DB attack on Omni-1. Guess they're just not the ceremonial type.

Maybe they joined Omni-pol?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Or maybe they're spending the holidays dressed up like elves, singing carols and reading stories to all the poor people suffering from res shock at Omni-Med?

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Maybe they joined Omni-pol?

I knew it! How much more proof do you need? Its official now ^_-
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

Another forgotten storythread ..

Hmm .. *rants*

It seems Funcom is forgetting about the threads they start spinning. Quite an amount of months ago, I was a clan leader. When the Radiman clone asassination happened, people was happy (although perhaps not in-character) because something was happening. There was some sort of lasting storyplot from Funcom back in the game, so people started wondering about what had happened, who did the killings, etc. It had an impact on the politics in the game as well, and a lot took the opportunity to spin the Radiman clone's death into their own storylines with their own tales of whodunnits and whys. In the end, there were a damned lot of conflicting versions of the murder, but somehow, Funcom never seemed to catch up on all the su****ion and investigation. When Henry showed up to clean the team moat, people had mostly gotten bored with the thing, but some of us still wondered if it really was Radiman or if it was the clone that showed up and so on .. Sadly, when Funcom seemed to drop the story about Radiman and noone got to find any clues relating to the murder or who actually got killed and so on, people got tired and forgot about it. Radiman never showed up after the moat cleaning anyway ..

Then the Dust Brigade came. Just like before, people think "Yes! A lasting new storyplot from Funcom!". Suddenly, brigadeers were there to kill clan leaders and attack the omni and do general havoc in Tir and so on .. It had a major impact on politics, clans started arguing and splitting up in more alliances than before, people started investigating Dust Brigade, hoping to find them or some secret base .. Scouts were sent out lots of times to trace the vapor trails that appeared in the skies and people were generally happy something was going on. (Although again, I might add, not necessarily in-character) ..

What happens? The Dust Brigade disappears .. There are no clues because Funcom weren't planting any. People got tired of it, the dust brigade don't show up anymore. All the players are left with is disappointment.

I could say the same thing about Yxxil the marauder, but he didn't really have the impact the brigadeers had.

It makes me pissed to see Funcom throw away their own agendas like that. People expect more .. They should expect that if the dust brigade shows up, they're there .. a part of the story they can take a stand for or against. A mystery to unveil. If you ask me, Funcom should damned well take a lot more care to follow up on what they start.

I've been away since may last year .. Now I'm back, and I really hope things have improved with the storyline and all ..

Well, that's my rant.
    Last edited by Didymus; Jan 9th, 2003 at 12:54:30.

EndGame even posted a 15 million credit reward for info leading to the headquarters of the Dust Brigade, but even after they appeared in PW no one seemed to care.

It didn't help that the VoF never ran any of the announcements that our PR rep sent in :/
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering

Dust Brigade HeadQuarters

Hi again ..

A lot of people were looking for their headquarters. Maybe not a lot of people compared to how many players there actually are, but still .. The sad thing, though, is that I don't think there even is a DB headquarters. I was on an AO-break when they showed up in PW, though .. so perhaps.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if Dust Brigade to Funcom was just having some ARKs and GMs start firing on people here and there .. Without a base of operations or anything else to tie them to Rubi-Ka as a planet. Thus, there would not be much for people to do with the Dust Brigade threat except for the times they actually showed up.

I hope that's not how it is, but it is what it seemed to me after all the effort we put into the DB investigation ..

In one of the official AO Animated Movies a DB outpost is shown with a subtitle saying it is in the "Outzone"(iirc). The Outzone is the part of Rubi-Ka that life cant survive in(i.e. The region without any Miiir's outlets :P). So maybe their Headquarters is outside of any zone we can get too. I still think its kind of silly since if I were really on Rubi-Ka I'd roll up the windows on my Yalm and just fly around out there looking until I find them. Seriously though, if 15 million credits were up for grabs people would make expeditions into the Outzone looking for DB.
    Advisor of First Light

Unhappy Story Line

Hi, although I am relitivly new to the game, I have read where FunCom doesn't follow up with the storylines they create. If they know what is good for them, and thier business, they will start! I dont really care if I like the way the story is heading or not, I just want to know that someone is in charge of the storyline and has enough sense to finish what they have started.

I played for a week about 3-4 months ago and then stopped. But now I'm back and I cant get enough of the game right now. If the players aren't allowed more of a roll in directing which way the story line goes, or at least how events that occur are dealt with, then its going to get boring, maybe not today or tommarow but eventually.

Afterall we live, we eat, we sleep, we breath, we bleed and we die in this world FunCom has created for us to play in and get addicted to. We should have more of a deciding factor in what happens.

I would like to see where if one organization takes down 20 towers in a day, then it should have an effect on the story. Or have NPC's there that are the leaders of storyline organizations that we can kill, I'm not saying make it easy to do so, just make that option availible. In real life we have the options to do whatever we want, most of the time the consequinces of our actions keep us from doing so. But it this game, you can never die, so there is anything to worry about.

Yes the Notum Wars is a great add-on, and I like it very much. The whole tower and land control thing is great, it gives opposing factions something to do. But I would rather see more storyline additions (and completions for that matter) that we can have an impact on than cool new gadgets.

Thats my 3 cents. =)

See you around Rimor.

Originally posted by Lyricia
    In one of the official AO Animated Movies a DB outpost is shown with a subtitle saying it is in the "Outzone"(iirc). The Outzone is the part of Rubi-Ka that life cant survive in(i.e. The region without any Miiir's outlets :P). So maybe their Headquarters is outside of any zone we can get too. I still think its kind of silly since if I were really on Rubi-Ka I'd roll up the windows on my Yalm and just fly around out there looking until I find them. Seriously though, if 15 million credits were up for grabs people would make expeditions into the Outzone looking for DB.
    Dust Brigade base is in Perpetual Wastelands. I dont remember coords, but on Dovve's map it says Barracks, that is the DB base. heh, I dare you to attack the General's Right Hand.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Actually Benjacrat, I think the reason it's called "barracks" is because the main/central DB base isn't within the terraformed regions of Rubi-Ka.

It has been said in the articles as well as the animated series that their base is in the "outzone", which was probably done to prevent legions upon legions of players camping the base trying to find out who they really are .

Of course Alamexis. But for now we can attack them in PW.

In one of the official AO Animated Movies a DB outpost is shown with a subtitle saying it is in the "Outzone"(iirc). The Outzone is the part of Rubi-Ka that life cant survive in(i.e. The region without any Miiir's outlets :P).
    Actually, IIRC, the Outzone is the untaraformed regions of rubi-Ka (Like PW and other deserts)

Basically, anything outside Omni-1 and Rome :P
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Ok I found a reference to the Outzone on the Rubi-Ka Timeline. It says "The non-terraformed areas outside the biosphere are collectively named the Outzone. " So I was right, no Miiir's outlets! :P But seriously, I hope they do more with the DB.

PS Benjacrat, I have taken on the General's Right Hand....and won. Well, me and a few dozen others ^_-
    Advisor of First Light

PS Benjacrat, I have taken on the General's Right Hand....and won. Well, me and a few dozen others ^_-
    Wow, Girly and Uber. What else can a guy ask for? lol

Originally posted by Benjacrat

Wow, Girly and Uber. What else can a guy ask for? lol
    An equivalent level of uberness so as not to have one's butt whooped during fights over the remote.

lol, We dont have TVs on Rubi-Ka Alamexis. There are much more advanced ways of entertainment now Like shooting things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast