Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Girls?

I've read quite a few posts where players(no clue who is really behind the screen name) were asking for female toons to be allowed to wear full body tattoos, and pasties. Don't quite remember where on the boards it was posted, but I know what I read.
    In lieu of a better signature, this'll have to do

I was really hoping for a reply from wulf explaining his outburst, but I guess he's busy looking up the spellings for all the big words he uses to woo the ladies.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Re: Re: I'm here...

Originally posted by Demonsguile

I wanna see those references! Send 'em to demonsguile@hotmail.com

or better yet: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=2 ref Dharshar...

Need more?? Rambler, Ramlinrose, Roaminruby, Liotamer (ex pres of my guild and my ex...), Pharmer, Ivinicibilis, Grombach, Curazon (pres of my guild), Tommyball, Emporium, Sonjana (matriarch of our guild)... *sigh* still need more?

PS... I whole-heartedly believe in your womanhood, but I still wanna see the woman behind the poetry.
    Hmmm... maybe... one of these days
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

this might be a good indication...

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    LOL I'll believe the "conservative point of view" when women stop /prostrating and /adjusting in front of me
    "Girls" who do this all the time most likely arn't "girls" at all... In rl...
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

Re: this might be a good indication...

Originally posted by Poetica

"Girls" who do this all the time most likely arn't "girls" at all... In rl...
    Hehe. You are probably right. I can't see the fascination in playing a character of the opposite gender anyway. Getting hit on by guys would kind of creep me out
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Re: Re: this might be a good indication...

Originally posted by Jellobiafra

Hehe. You are probably right. I can't see the fascination in playing a character of the opposite gender anyway. Getting hit on by guys would kind of creep me out
    Hehe... Your sooo true.. I tried to make a huge trox... Had to toss him very early. It just felt plain wrong...

I'm with Poetica on this one. There are alot of us REAL girls that play, however, so many imitations (cough, men pretending to be women, cough) that most of us are just assumed to be men.
    Being a DJ for GridStream is good and bad in some ways. It proves that I am a REAL girl because it allows players to hear the voice behind the character, but also as stated, some men find out you are really a girl and go psycho on you.

It's rumored that girls receive free items.. special attention, etc.. In some cases, this may be the case, but there are some of us real girls out there that don't want anything. Your real sex should never be used as means to receive any sort of special treatment.

...however, if anyone has a ga4 disc.. ahem
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

I don't see it really matters either way, to be honest, unless you really need someone of the same or oposite sex to play/communicate with. This sort of game is more about minds and creativity than wondering if that female characters owner has the same bodily build. I'm one of these that feels a little odd playing a girl character if I have a choice ((no disrespect for men who play female characters)). I mean, if I want to look at a woman, I'll look at my girlfriend.

Take care all!
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

*sigh*

Oh I wish everyone was like you...

Remember, a LARGE percentage of those playing MMORPGS are adolescent and preadolescent males, mostly from the "computer geek" category. A lot of these guys couldn't get girls if they tried, and lets face it, if they act the way RL the way they do online, if I were a girl I wouldn't come within a mile of em :P

Others are shy and meek rl and just act like that to get attention and feel better about themselves, it's sad really.

And Poetica, there are guys that feel that way, more then you think. A lot of them are either taken, or just to quiet to be noticed
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Heh, that reminds me of my friend who plays a female in AO just to get more money, people apparently give female avantars special attention when it comes to loans and items. He holds his entire guild in suspense of whether or not he's a guy or a girl. :P
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Blah, Poetica has made some of the most HO-ish posts on these forums, at times exceeding even my nastiness. Do a search on your name hun. But that's okay, I like my women a lil sleazy.

I laugh at AO's humor because this is by far has more hidden sexual innuendos than many of the mmorpgs on the market. Every woman has a great bod with some perky bitties, high and tight butt, etc. Wow that isn't masogenistic, is it?

The npcs (stolt in newland desert rings a bell), talk about their 'wieners' (or lack thereof) and how they shove a head of cabbage down their pants to make it look like they have a big package.

We got Morgan in camelot with by far the biggest juggs I've ever seen on a video game character and the cleavage to prove it.

Naked medusas anyone?

/prostrate?

Let loose, don't be so uptight. What are you, Christian? Well if so then that's another reason not to play AO (plays on religious themes alot). It's a game for christ's sake!

The so-called "sensitive" guys use their sensitivity as a means to pick up chicks, nothing more, nothing less. I know, I used to be one of those guys. Please, please let's not kid ourselves here. Let me tell you, IT DOES NOT WORK lol. Be yourself, be funny, make a woman laugh and she's yours for life.

For those that are so concerned over what happens in a video game or what people say in a video game that offends you, maybe you need to turn the video game off and examine your priorities. IT'S A VIDEO GAME. Now take a deep breath and fill your mind with the realization that we aren't really living on Rubi Ka and the people that have offended your all too proper sensibilities have no bearing on your life. The life in the real world, that is. Ignore them and move on and by all means, please feel free to pass on your tips for proper video game etiquette.

So let's see. In this pretend imaginary world that is supposedly at war, it is wrong to:

A) kill someone in cold blood. God forbid we have any sort of Anarchy in Anarchy Online. This should be a bloodless war, people. We should be able to sit down and chat in mayhem zones without fear of being attacked (groan).

B) And oh heavens to betsies, PLEASE do not comment on the lady's DDD breasts...you know, the one wearing the rubber catsuit /prostrating and /adjusting to everyone that passes by. Yeah that's her. Next to the lady wearing a pink thong.

It's like this. Women whine and complain about men's sexual comments, but have you ever listened to a "girls only" conversation? Topics range from 'self pleasure', to 'self pleasure instruments', to 'boy I bet that guy has a big...', to '...is lousy in bed. When he does.....to me, I don't even....'.

Girls talk nastier than guys....

It's like women that won't fart in front of a guy. What are you trying to prove by putting on this front of being a 'proper lady'? Absolutely nothing.

We've all got a little freak in us, let that freak out in the one place that it's truly safe to do it. In a goddamned video game. Here's a clue: People are miserable these days. If we weren't miserable, we wouldn't be sitting here all night playing AO. You're miserable because you're oppressed and repressed. By customers, by bosses, spouses, society in general...Yet what do we do?

We try to apply those same tired and dull norms of society into this clean slate of a world. We don't express ourselves, we whine for change without trying to implement it ourselves, we worry more about productivity (broken shores missions) instead of actually enjoying ourselves (hunting, cold blooded pvp, aka ganking).

I can't run around talking about putting women's feet in my mouth in the real world without catching a beat down or a lock up, but you better damn well be sure that I'm going to be a nasty footsucking mother f***er in the game.

I can't run around shooting people at random in real life, but you better damn well be sure that if I get the chance, my lil trader (last char that can actually pvp) will gank the hell out of you.

The so-called pervs (heh other than me) in game can't run around telling women how sweet their booties are in real life, they'd get smacked. So they cut loose in game a bit. you don't like it? Review the char you picked. Why did you pick her and not the old bald fat solitus woman or the wrinkled nanomage model? You picked her because you want to be desired and you want to feel sexy. There's nothing wrong with that, but accept the reason why you picked that model and don't voice regrets over it a few months down the line. I'm too jaded and cynical to give any sympathy to repressive personalities.

It's like the guy that shaves his head, gets a nazi tattoo and then walks into the ghetto. What else did you expect???? No really, please educate me. What did you expect???

All these years and I still can't figure out why people can't just.....unwind.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Tristalyn
    I'm with Poetica on this one. There are alot of us REAL girls that play, however, so many imitations (cough, men pretending to be women, cough) that most of us are just assumed to be men.
    Being a DJ for GridStream is good and bad in some ways. It proves that I am a REAL girl because it allows players to hear the voice behind the character, but also as stated, some men find out you are really a girl and go psycho on you.

It's rumored that girls receive free items.. special attention, etc.. In some cases, this may be the case, but there are some of us real girls out there that don't want anything. Your real sex should never be used as means to receive any sort of special treatment.

Oh by the way, you have a DAMN sexy voice

Thank you ^.^
    GridStream
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3

Nothinman: Im gonna go to the Rompa and cyber with girls, who are really guys. Then puke."
    Nuff said.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

You want a way to know which female characters could be real women in real life, and which could be men?

If you see lvl 1-20 female toons running around dancing for you, asking for creds, complimenting you like your god, flirting openly with you when they just met you...this is a guy. He's rolled an alt to get creds. 95% of the female toons in rompa's are guys. 95% of the lvl 1 female toons are guys.

Some guys roll female toons to see the difference, and end up liking how it looks and then make creds that way (pathetic, you get no love for that).

It's 'really' simple. Most of the female clothing on AO costs a lot. (100k and over...not a lot but for a lvl 1 to have that is unreal).

So if you think your the 'man' for picking up chicks at rompa's and the like...you should be aware that your picking up 'men'.

P.S.

Poetica, no disrespect, but i don't think your really 'female' in real life. You come off 'too' goody goody. Your trying too hard...ease up a little and people might buy it.

Poetica? goody goody? heeeeeell no! That's a sex pot fo scheezie! nastyt mind and all. mmm MMM MMMM!

Originally posted by Tristalyn

I just want you to say "Teh deacon" or "TEH FOOTNESS" just once on the air...or at least tell me your shoesize....

I think it should be common courtesy to assume that a female avatar is a female in RL. The person who created a female avatar should obviously want to be treated like one... I think.

If someone doesn't want to be treated like a female, then they shouldn't play one. It's pretty simple really.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

My shoesize???...
    GridStream

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast