Thread: Voice synthesis instead of wav files

Voice synthesis instead of wav files

Hello funcom people,

For Notum Wars, you added some voice messages, like in counterstrike. But, why wouldn't you implementing a voice synthesis program instead !? So, all of what you type is directly "said" by the game.
    I had once, a demo from Creative Labs, and the results were quite good. Also, everybody could choose his voice, as it's just a matter of parameters to ask the program to speak with a male or female voice, and you've got many possibilities, as much as everybody has his own voice.

Moreover, this wouldn't add to the lag issues, as all the sentences that come in your chat window are there, the program juste traducts the ones you selected. the only "infos" to add would be the "type of the voice" of the person who is talking to you, but in this case, once the info is sent, store it on the local machine, like if "toto" speaks to "titi" via a TELL, and that on titi's machine, the voice synthesis is "on" for the TELL messages, for the first message from "toto", titi will receive the voice parameters of "toto", like a grave and cavernous voice, and then, no need to retransmit the infos, the type of voice of toto can be stored on the local PC of titi.

I hope one person from FC will take 5" to answer to this, and also, other readers are welcomed to support this or not. Personnally, this would be great, what do u think about all the others ?

Cheers
    Katiala
    Katiala - Clan soldier on rimor
    Rickye - Clan keeperette on rimor

Great... so now instead of just spamming "Hi!", I have to listen to all the tweakers spam "I AM L33T! YOU SUXXOR!"

I'll pass, I think.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

At least you'd find out how to prounounce "suxxor".

Is it "suk", or is it actually "suk-sor"? I'll have to wait, I guess.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

off-topic, but how'd u get that satelite in your sig?
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

suksor, leet, haksor, ooburr.

So saith the hackers, crackers, and phreaks of my acquaintance. Or actually, they don't, except to make fun of the people who do.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re:

Well "Kiryat-Dharin",

Sure that with such a name, a lot of people come to you and make "Hi", then ask you why you choosed this name

Anyway, of course, it's up to you to configurate your GUI to hear or not all the vicinity messages you receive. And, it's not complicate for Funcom to let you decide that only the tell from your friendlist you can hear them, not if someone is not in, simply

so ... what did u want to say ?

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    At least you'd find out how to prounounce "suxxor".

Is it "suk", or is it actually "suk-sor"? I'll have to wait, I guess.
    It's "suksor"

~Chris