Thread: NCU Buffs

NCU Buffs

I don't know about most fixers, but I and a couple other fixers in my guild only use our NCU buffs when we absolutely need them. Why? Well, here's a script I shamelessly swiped from another person whose name I forget (thanks, btw ):

Code:
    /ncu
    *Thirty Second Warning!* If you want the NCU buff, cancel any running NCU buffs right now and
    make sure you have 1 NCU free. This is the only time it will be cast until it runs out.
    /delay 10000
    /delay 10000
    /delay 5000
    /delay 2000
    /delay 1000
    /delay 1000
    The reason for this? As you might have guessed and if you didn't know already, the NCU buff is the only buff I know of that can't be refreshed; aka, if it's already running and it's cast again the old nanoprogram won't be replaced with the new longer lasting version. It must be manually canceled to get a new one. And since these are NCU buffs, people are going to want to use that extra NCU for other handy buffs. If you cancel the NCU buff to get a new one, you'll most likely have to cancel other buffs to make room for this one. All in all, a big pain in the ass for the fixer and for his teammates.

Other buffs, as you know, refresh fine when they're recast. Other buffs also refresh when your NCU is "overloaded", or when you're using more NCU than you actually have, such as when an NCU buff runs out or you take NCU chips off of your belt. Why can't the NCU buff work like other nanos? Is there some horrible exploit that would be used if they did?

I would like to use these buffs on a regular basis, but this refresh bug is keeping me and others from doing that. Please fix it!

Cross posted from the Fixer forum.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

FC fix it!
    Ummm..., please?

P. S. Not native in english, is it rude to not add 'please' when asking for fix ****ty bugs?

It might help...

...but probably not.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.