Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: A change to the placeholder-system

Question Suggestion: A change to the placeholder-system

I like the idea behind the placeholder-system in general. It allows people to go spawn a unique if they want to, but also makes it harder to farm it. However if you are bit unlucky with placeholders you can be killing placeholders the whole weekend. We've run into that kind of lack of luck quite a few times now. Killing Harbing of The One 15 times before The One spawns, killing The Pest's placeholder for 6 hours before The Pest spawns - just to kill it in less than 4 minutes, killing Notum Trainees for 6 hours without soldier spawning only being able to provide every soldier on Rubi-Ka with boosted Hellfury-upgrades meanwhile and so on. Spending 6 hours killing the same mob over and over of which you gain nothing isn't really fun. Most of the placeholders don't give anything (no xp and no loot). I like the way placeholders for Ljotur works, and how you spawn Ian Warr and crew. They give XP and/or loot occasionally.

My suggestion is a change to the probability the real mob spawns. First time you kill a placeholder there is a 20% chance that the real mob spawns next. If another placeholder spawns and gets killed the probability is 30%, and next time 40% and so on. This way you know that you eventually will spawn the mob with a little effort without wasting a whole weekend on it.

How does that sound?
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I think this is a great idea, and bump it 100%
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Yup, nothing is more annoying then to spend over 6 hours killing placeholder after placeholder and have to , in the end, call it a day ;\
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I agree whit that, we have killed Obediency inspector for 21 times today, still doing it, and No Obediency Enforcer have spawned, used 10hrs already, its BS. used 7hrs on thursday.

We have done petition 3 times, but the GM says keep on trying im sure OE will spawn, what a load of Crap, it was 1:3 before, now 1:30? . why cant Gms be taged , would be fun to kill a few.
    Advisor of Arion

The guild for ppl who wants some Fun 150+

www.kelloran.com

Absolutely great idea.

I have encountered the same problem with The One spawn...so that I have not yet seen the main mob. I must have been killing Harbringer more than 20 times.

bumpity
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

An eventually guaranteed spawn of the uber boss is a great idea.

Gets my vote.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

BUMP for Noer
    Ixari Behemoth pls !
    Nacher You fumbled ...
    Vespillo Execution of Total Mirror Shield MkX got interrupted by Ownz !

---> STORM <---

- My lovely wife Stinamus (Jinxmus) -

totally agree

"this is not a bump"(tm)

It's a good idea. I'd like even more if when it's time for the Big Boss to spawn that every player in the area gets warped to some kind of arena playfield to fight the final encounter. Nothing worse than spawning the guy you want and ninjas drop out of Yalms to 'help' you kill it. Perhaps a key to the 'lair' of the big boss that can be duped for everyone you want to bring on to the Final Battle could be found on the placeholder.

bumpity
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

BUMP!

And make it so mob drops all it loot like OE drops Rod/Hellspiner Upgrade/Engi Nano together all the time.

I think the effort it takes to kill those mobs should be better rewarded.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

brilliant idea and very much needed.

I heard of people camping OI and OE this weekend.. Something like 30 OI's without OE spawning.

That's totally unacceptible.

bump, good suggestion ;p

I think that sounds pretty good. Bump
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Doing my part, because this idea is a good one.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

=)
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Bump that, have had horrible luck at OI this week (I would normally say "at OE".. but uhh.. yea).

Smile

good idea, noer!

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast