Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make the llts and ellts attainable through some means other than 200mil creds

Re: ITS NOT FAIR!

Originally posted by Solanona
    If you were here at the start you would have these items..
    Not true. I've been playing on one account or another for about 13-14 months. My collection of 5 or 6 scopes only range from ql 15-59. While I could have easily gotten higher QL scopes at the time, I had no real need to since I was using them on characters that were primarily low level.

The argument that they are overpowered doesn't hold. Each new patch introduces new items that add to crit chances and almost all of them work together.

ELLTs = 15%
    GoC x 2 = 2%
    Agent Hood = 2%
    Sunglasses = 1%
    DB Commander chest = 1%

There are probably more... Most are next to impossible to get solo. It's Funcom's way of telling you to join a big guild if you want to be uber. It's bullcrap.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Using Hoops calculations:

3 minutes per blitz
    2 minutes between blitz
    10 minutes between set (averaged out to include selling every 10th set)

24 hours solid blitzing = 180,576,000

So no, it's not possible to make 200M in one day from blitzing alone.

Jeez

Lvl 160 Doc + Lvl 199 Ithy + Lvl 250 8% Crit Scope + Mark of Peril = Constant Crit In ql 190 Missions

Dont whine work hard and get yourself a 15% if it means that much to you.

Or better yet switch to portable laser and then put the first bullet in your head.

Actually, the best thing Funcom could do is just put them back in the game and continue to stealth nurf them. Don't they still have the melee nurf coming? Don't know since I switched to a non-crit weapon and a TIM scope a bit back and haven't checked the info on my old scopes, but the recharge change, and the PVP crit nurf has made them a bad choice for PVP over high average damage weapons with a few specials.

Some classes can still benefit from them, soldiers with their very high ranged INI and traders with their very high AMS, but for the most part they aren't worth 200m a pop for a 185+ ELLTS anymore.

The thing is this is a one of a kind nurf really, the old freedom arms and sunburst were not as universally useful, they were a very common item now they are a very rare item.

I don't really see the issue here for those against this, sell your scope now if you think the value is going down, don't buy a scope for 200m if you think the value is going down, but in all honesty, and as a scope owner myself, I don't really see the sense in this nurf, and Funcom will make more friends than enemies by just puting them back.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 22:54:18.

u notice ppl sayin dont put them back in are ppl who already have them

not my fault i wasnt here when there were attainable or obviously id have one on almost all my chars i promise u that i have a 8% scope on all of my chars now but as i know simple math 15% is almost double 8% therefore as math serves me right u would do almost double as many crits is this not correct

maybe i can do it here to make sure

8x2=16 16-15=1 looks like im 1%shy of double

and dont tell me that they dont make much of a difference ive been in a team with a trader with same gun ql 199 snakemaster who was crittin like crazy with his/her 15% scope where i was doin adequate with my 8%. so plz dont preach about something like this. if it doesnt mean that much to your crit ill trade u my 8% for your 15%

didnt think so

u see im askin for something added u dont see me cryin nerf

i could be here askin to make those ellts max at 8% to make it equal to the ones today

i dont ask for nerf i ask to make it right

now take your troll ass to the bridge u came from xixxxor
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by Dudicas
    Using Hoops calculations:

3 minutes per blitz
    2 minutes between blitz
    10 minutes between set (averaged out to include selling every 10th set)

24 hours solid blitzing = 180,576,000

So no, it's not possible to make 200M in one day from blitzing alone.
    Heh, 600k per mission, 3 every 10 missions. 334 missions. 3 missions every 10 minutes (that's how long it takes me anyway), every twenty times you waste 10 minutes selling. In 24 hours that's over 380 missions. Just gotta get into the rythm and have a run buff on ya the whole time. An enforcer can do it in even less time because of the super high run speed he/she may have.

~Chris

o how i wish i could be blitzing me a ql 200 ellts

and i dont know how u guys do those missions that fast i have trouble with lag runnin real fast what can i do to reduce the lag and me getting stuck on tables while real meannie pummels me

then i get white screen from hell followed by a visit to your local reclaim

i can do 200 ok but once i get past 200 it seems the mobs just crit me every hit

Originally posted by Kenlon

HD's and Death Sausages do *very* well in PvM. They have problems in PvP due to lacking specials, but to call them underpowered is an exaggeration.

I used to think so too. But my ithaca with a 7% scope outdamages my HD. On paper the HD and the ithaca did almost the same amount of damage when i optimized my character for them. However Ithaca has 2 specials while HD has 0 and Hd is 100% useless in PvP while Ithaca is decent.

Having had the oppourtunity to use both the HD isn't 1/2 the weapon Ithaca is with a decent scope on.

Maybe they will make a non-crit reliant shottie in the future which offers some specials and is competitive but for those who are a shottie prof i feel sorry for you if you can't get your 15% scope.

I agree with mega on his mission blitzing calculations. 3 missions per 10 minutes is roughly right. so theoretically it is possible to make 200+ million in a single day through blitzing missions. But that would entail blitzing missions non-stop for over 21 hours and 20 minutes out of the 24 hour day. means less then 2 hours 40 minutes for sleeping, eating, washroom breaks and time selling your junk. Not to mention if you die you loose 5-10 minutes of blitzing time and sometimes you get bad luck at mission terminals leaving you sitting there for a little longer.

So in summary, yes it is possible to make more then 200mil blitzing missions in a single day. However its extremely improbable that any person could do a repetitous task that often for that long with that few mistakes.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Dec 24th, 2002 at 09:25:41.

Re: Re: Re: 200 million

Originally posted by Hoops

Blitzing? I doubt it... Having blitzed somewhere in the vacinity of 2000 missions in the past few months, I would think I'd have some idea of whether or not that is possible.

The Math : (at level 177)
    Reward - 197K
    Item - Nanocrystal (Anima of the Abomination) 380k
    Total profit - 577K per mission
    200,000,000/577,000 = 347 blitzes

I don't think one person could roll and blitz that many nanos in a 24 hour period. If you go the route of selling on the market, you consume valuable blitzing time dealing with the channels.
    A good high level fixer or enforcer could blitz 200mill in 24 hours, if he really set his mind to it.

However, either you nerf something or you don't. Either remove LLTS from the game, or make it drop again.

This is almost as stupid as when 6 Deck belts didnt drop.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

i still doubt it

i still find it hard to believe that you travel to your missions and complete 3 of them in 10 minutes. i have 2400 run speed with my own buffs and i still take up to 10 minutes to get to even one mission! unless you are able to get your missions right beside wherever you are(and i dont believe that is possible with the randomness of pulling). so again. 200 million in 24 hours. no not possible.
    War is Hell.

Re: i still doubt it

Originally posted by steelbone
    i still find it hard to believe that you travel to your missions and complete 3 of them in 10 minutes. i have 2400 run speed with my own buffs and i still take up to 10 minutes to get to even one mission! unless you are able to get your missions right beside wherever you are(and i dont believe that is possible with the randomness of pulling). so again. 200 million in 24 hours. no not possible.

Err ever heard of Broken Shores missions?

~Chris

Re: i still doubt it

Originally posted by steelbone
    I roll Broken Shores Home missions in Tir. It's become a bit harder to roll anima missions in Home lately with the inclusion of a few more ql 201+ items in the mission loot tables.

After several hours of doing this it gets really obnoxious and I would never suggest more than 12 hours in a row unless you are making real-life monetary profits from doing so.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Re: Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by Megabio

And ther SHOULDNT be a differance.

Well, there isn't one. What're you talking about?

other than lvl, and the time it took ti aquire things NORMALLY. The OLD school players didnt have to PAY 200 mil for thers. the used Clicksaver to just roll a mission for one instead. Ya, thats fair.

A) We didn't have clicksaver
    B) It's takes like a day to make 200m

~Chris
    No, it was called something else back then, I cant remember.

IT takes more than a day to make that much, but i agree it can be made quickly. thats not the point. It shouldnt have to be for this purpose.

And the diff is, people who started out the game a few monthss ago and want an LLLTS have to pay over 100 mil. the people who are old school didnt. thats the dif.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Re: Re: Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by Turin

And the diff is, people who started out the game a few monthss ago and want an LLLTS have to pay over 100 mil. the people who are old school didnt. thats the dif.
    And people got Dragon Body Armor before it became dragon body armor really easily because no one wanted Dragon Armor Flesh, since it couldn't be made into armor back then. Wah wah wah wah. I'm gonna go cry.

~Chris

PS: for all of those who are wondering, I bought 3 of my 4 LLTS.

Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by Turin

And ther SHOULDNT be a differance.

other than lvl, and the time it took ti aquire things NORMALLY. The OLD school players didnt have to PAY 200 mil for thers. the used Clicksaver to just roll a mission for one instead. Ya, thats fair.

NOT
    clicksaver didnt exist.. ;P

as for the i pay the same to fc citat some brings... i should just say.. you didnt pay when they were around supposedly.. ;P

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by Hajkster; Dec 25th, 2002 at 02:35:28.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

This whole thred justs highlights the flaws in a game (that I love dearly) where gear is in a higher order than skills.

Ideally all weapons would have a marginial difference between qualities. (including scopes) The difference in damage would be based on your skill. In the case of scopes I'd say base your chance to crit on your perception or attack rating with the quality effecting things only by 1-2%.

This is still something that could be worked out within the current coding. But would be a radical departure from the current "clothes making the man" system.

you dont make any since with your dragon armor post now if they said hey we think dragon armor is overpowered lets remove if from dropping again it would be relevant to this post

u are actually sayin that funcom added something which is a good thing

just like a bunch of the stuff there is to day all kinds of tradeskill junk that really useless at this time but who knows they may make something for it

like they did with notum chips/frags they didnt really have purpose till cas and barter armor was added

so please think before u speak when your tryin to make a point

15% LLTS go for 70 - 100 million nowadays not anywhere near 200 million.

I don't know whether anyone besides a fixer can make 200 million a day, ie GA IV fixers probably never ever die in those ql239 missions but as a 199 MA it happens that I die in them, not that much but it definitely does happen.

I need to take a few whompa and grid trips (from hope to bs) to blitz them and since since NW it takes me about 1 minute to zone into a mission, hoops time schedule is unattainable for me and probably for most people. Including the occassional death, pulling, selling, buffing, and my usual dose of lag I'd say I can do about 10 missions an hour, which is about 6 million in cash.

But imo whether the scope costs 70 or 200 million and whether you can make 20 million a day and still have something remotely like a real life or you can make 200 doesn't matter.

These scopes are definitely not unattainable for anyone, provided you make it a priority to get one you can get the money pretty fast.

However it seems to me that the pple whining about the price of them want it all at once. You want a high % crit scope, it is very much attainable in a relatively short amount of time. You want a high % crit scope and a lot of xp at the same time: can't be done.

Once you accept that you need to make a choice between those two, the reason to whine goes away.

I think if an item dont drop in game anymore it should be removed from the game altogather so it is fair to all the new guys playing ,, just how i c it.

yes removing items is a total game nerf to all ppl who started after such an item was removed

making items not drop makes them worth 1000times more

as it is if u can get the 8% for 500k easy and if they took them out of the game and only scope u can get is 5% and lower then the 8% ones value will be worth alot more

i am an advocate for added content

not for removal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12