Thread: How do you install items on weapons?

Question How do you install items on weapons?

Hi all,

Sorry for the newb question, but I haven't been able to find an answer in any of the guides I've found online.

Q: How do I install an item (like an Auto Targeting Computer....hint hint) onto a ranged weapon?

I've tried the basic shift-right-click approach but all I get is the 'not able to asseble' message. Same when I tried to hack the pistol.

Please help!

Thanks

Hiya.
    Take a look at anarchyarcanum page under "Weapons & Smithing"
    Formely known as "Cybcer: Your local tradeskiller in West Athen"

Originally posted by Cybcer
    Hiya.
    Take a look at anarchyarcanum page under "Weapons & Smithing"
    Thanks Cyber,

I took a look and the only think I could find was the section on Sealed Weapon Receptacles (http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/weapons.html). Does that mean that all the little gadgets I have found that can be added to ranged weapons only work on "Unfinished" weapons?

Is it possible to add the ATC to an existing weapon I already own and use??

Thanks again.

**Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a handle on how to put items together.

Sadly you can't do that (yet)

Unless the weapon you have is a mauser particle streamer.

I hope that someday you will be able to improve many weapons this way.

Originally posted by L1V1D
    Sadly you can't do that (yet)

Unless the weapon you have is a mauser particle streamer.

I hope that someday you will be able to improve many weapons this way.
    Ok, so what good does a QL2 Auto Targeting Computer do me? Is it a useless item that I should jest sell back to the stores??

Basically yes

It is probably part of one of the many weapon construction kits. But very few of these produce weapons anyone will use, and the other parts will cost more than the finished weapon.

Selling trade skill items, like that, to shops is the best use of them.

Ah man, and here I thought I was going to make some cool adaptions to my weapons.

Originally posted by LostInTheWoods
    Ah man, and here I thought I was going to make some cool adaptions to my weapons.

Belive me, many ppl included my self thought so to when they bought AO when it went gold beta

FC just dont have time/power to increase their weapon database by X times. (x stands for ammount of possible upgrade gizmos
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?