Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: In regards to docs and others

yes Garzu i was stunned all the time, and she killed me so fast she did not even manage to stop the attack before i was dead.

I have maxed all my defensive abilities + q200 plant, but that don't help nada :-)

There is no doc around Garzu that can kill u with dot's only, during the tick of dots, u have shield, layer and 2 x firstaid stims :-)

Originally posted by Illuvatar

Doctors damage output is no subject, should be no subject and will be no subject. You are a DOCTOR. Health personell. Not a warrior. If you dislike that fact, reroll as a soldier.

NT's are like artillery nt's claim for themself, then why should u not drop dead in 1 sec when someone hit u?

Get real!
    DOC's are as god as anny other fightingprofessions, and i assume u compare this to rl where there are doc's in spes forces that are as mean in combat as any of his teammates.

Yeah, there's tons of NT's using phat soldier weapons that completely **** the hell out of everyone

Either that, or hammers.
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Doctors damage output is no subject, should be no subject and will be no subject. You are a DOCTOR. Health personell. Not a warrior. If you dislike that fact, reroll as a soldier.
    You know, I really want to play with these people sometimes, just so I can not heal them while they're dying.

We're not your little healing b1tch, so go bang yourself. If I ever play with someone who talks like this I'll be like.. 'You're a soldier, not a doctor so you don't get heals. Don't like it? Go reroll a doctor.'
    Shikhi - The return!

Exclamation

100/40
    come on get real.
    ao pvp is far to fast to really involve skill, if you want pvp to be just barly enjoyiable you need to lover damage further, not raise it.
    and you say you can't beat a heal profesion. well if you die from my 51 dam hits faster then i do from you 500 nukes just becourse i can heal 500 dam everytime you have casted 3 of those. then no wonder you loose in pvp.

and how would you want to implement the 40% on heals. can't do it like the damage is today doc's would cap for 40% in pvm too.
    and if you get an indicator to see if they take damage from pvm or pvp ppl. then say you attacked by a mob while fighting a player should heals then stop capping or should the get to kill you. and if the heals stop caping when fighting a mob along with a player ppl would just get agro from a mob to get full heals.

and the range nerf that hit nt. well hit every range fighting profession long before the nt was affected. which you would like back but still wonna nerf heals.

pvp in my openion should be more like pvm. long fights is what i would like to see.

and you wonna nerf dots. what's next then. i know debuffs a pain esecially the traders since i play a ma those really hurt my damage. a lvl 75 trader can insta turn my damage to a whopping 18 a hit.

so i say lover damage but keep heals and if you find you can't kill a healer type persone it's probarly the same in pvm. so you get a groupe to kill them.

3 hit fights has nothing with skill to do. or actually is has every to do with skill the skill you have in burst fling and full auto. but nothing to do with the players skill.

can't you see a 100/40 on damage means shorter fight ie less fun in fights and shorter fights.
    since 3 crits still kill everyone.

step back a second and consider how importent heals are in pvm. should they hold less importence in pvp.
    in pvm heals is the diffrence of gaining a lvl or siting at the reclaim with a couple of mill xp lost.

sorry for ranting. and puntiation isen't my strong side on english.

Originally posted by Keikoa
    So basically there is now a class you find hard to kill so you want them nerfed rather than develop a strategy to beat them?

Just checking.

BTW, ever heard of stand up nanostims?

Originally posted by Garzu

Thank God you finally shut up.

Ok, LOL, i did the "..." to try to show you how stupid the point you tried to make was...

"Nano stims.." ??? I have to use 1st aid... I am always dead from a doc (unless a doc without init debuff) before it is useful with a nano kit...

"So basically there is now a class you find hard to kill...." I dont know what to say about this.... but there has ALWAYS been professions that is hard to kill.... But nowhere as close to hard to kill as the Doctor under the current 100% heal vs 50% dmg rules... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!

This is what happens in every fight I have against an experienced PvP doc:

And lets say im the first to do anything...

1. I cast Crown of Frost, debuffs nano skills -115 for 20 secs and dmg for 700 (almost max dmg)

2. Lets say I get time to do one more nuke before doc can do anything, and I do a Localized for about 1000 dmg (alot more than average)

3. Then the doc casts a init debuff, lets say a -1000 because of the debuff.

20 sec nano debuff is now out.

4. doc casts a dot.

5. the doc fully heals.

6. I am now debuffed, and have to wait about 5-6 secs for next nuke (usually instacast) + 4 sec recharge doing 1000 dmg to doc (alot more than average)

The doc has now recieved 2700 dmg, but at my lvl and doc fully self buffed, he willl have about 5k health (at least). and has healed 1700 already, so 1k dmg is done

7. doc stacks a dot (which is NOT capped at 40% as everything else)

Now, if I am in the middle of a zone, with no healers around me, im doomed to die, the 2 best doc dots stacked does alot more than 5k dmg (I dont have 5k health)

8. Me is desperately running for a zone...

We could add weapons to this, but with ini debuff, doc will do more dmg over time, considering both NTs and Docs both sucks at weapons, and can use same weapons. And as long as you can heal for more than I can nuke for, you will always win, even without init debuff.

Stun Is now removed from the game... so stun is no longer a valid arguement.

Fryli, I asked if she stunned you, just becuase I believed it was the ONLY way she could kill you, and I was right...

Illith, range will not be an advantage anymore, at least not according to Cosmic, he said that if it was coming back, they would have to recode everything, and it would be along time to, so plz dont add range to this, nothing to do with it...

Dots is the only type of dmg that is not under the 40% cap rules as everything else... 2 of yoiur best dots, I am dead, 100% of the time.

AND for those of you that didnt know, Fryli for example: Nullity does NOT stop dots.... Doc Dots go right through it...

Yeah, there's tons of NT's using phat soldier weapons that completely **** the hell out of everyone

Either that, or hammers.

So do docs....
    Last edited by Garzu; Feb 12th, 2002 at 23:13:47.
    NT phone HOME!!

doc stacks a dot (which is NOT capped at 40% as everything else)
    Dunno which docs you're playing against, but all my DoT's are capped at 50% damage, same as any other kind of nano/regular attack.
    Shikhi - The return!

well another way to last longer is to find blister packs with heal nanos. i know they are rare but u can ask ur guild mates to save them for u while nt still sucks =).

Dunno which docs you're playing against, but all my DoT's are capped at 50% damage, same as any other kind of nano/regular attack.

Dunno what kind of dots you use, but they do 50% dmg in PvP yes... but they are NOT capped at 40% of opponents max health, just as every other kind of dmg is...

For example: Last word never do more than 40% of targets max health in dmg. Dots do, they run until you are dead, they do not stop, they keep running till you are dead...
    Last edited by Garzu; Feb 13th, 2002 at 01:25:36.
    NT phone HOME!!

Dunno what kind of dots you use, but they do 50% dmg in PvP yes... but they are NOT capped at 40% of opponents max health, just as every other kind of dmg is...

For example: Last word never do more than 40% of targets max health in dmg. Dots do, they run until you are dead, they do not stop.
    Of course a deflection NF and/or bracer will remove points from each DoT tick, causing it to cause less then 1/2 damage, while on DD the points are removed only once. You also have a lot more time to counter a DoT with heals (first aid/treamtment others helping you) which you don't with DD. A DoT will also break any roots or it's not like you can DoT/root someone and let them die. You might want to look at game mechanics from all aspects and angles.

Your argument that you have no chance v.s. doctors hold no weight because you can always flee from a doctor that has no abilities to hold you in place.

Just as a side note, with the 13.6 patch and the 2 day stun, you again showed what you're all about, mainly that you must dominate and that you could care less how any class and/or the game is balanced as long as game mechanics make you the best all the time.

Personally I'm sick and tired of you trying to nerf doctors heals and debuffs, since they are my only defensive skills. When I get invulnerability, roots, speed buffs, etc then you might have something to say.

For example: Last word never do more than 40% of targets max health in dmg. Dots do, they run until you are dead, they do not stop, they keep running till you are dead...
    Unless you have horribly low health, no DoT's do more than 40% damage in a single tick anyway, so even if they were capped at 40% of max health it would make no difference.

But yeah, what that guy above me said.
    Shikhi - The return!

Originally posted by Dr. Sent
    Of course a deflection NF and/or bracer will remove points from each DoT tick, causing it to cause less then 1/2 damage, while on DD the points are removed only once. You also have a lot more time to counter a DoT with heals (first aid/treamtment others helping you) which you don't with DD. A DoT will also break any roots or it's not like you can DoT/root someone and let them die. You might want to look at game mechanics from all aspects and angles.
    Yeah, well, since you mentioned it, bracers.... they reflect dmg, best I can use is 18 reflect i think, and it reflects only 1 type of dmg... and if a rooting profession was crazy enough to use such bracers, well, then he/she would not be very succsessful with roots... and since I dont use bracers cause they break my roots, I dont have any idea if it really reflects dmg from dots, but becuase you mention it, I think it does. Anyway, bracers is not an option for ANY rooting prof.

And because we are talking about a combat here, treatment packs is not an issue in my opinion. First aids can be used 1 time every 40 secs, and does not really heal much.

Others to help me.. I dont have a personal healer to help me whenever I need it.

Your argument that you have no chance v.s. doctors hold no weight because you can always flee from a doctor that has no abilities to hold you in place.
    I dare to say that what you say here holds no weight.... I can run as much as I want, but with 2 dots running in the middle of a PvP zone, im dead long before I reach a zone...

Just as a side note, with the 13.6 patch and the 2 day stun, you again showed what you're all about, mainly that you must dominate and that you could care less how any class and/or the game is balanced as long as game mechanics make you the best all the time.
    Plz explain...

Personally I'm sick and tired of you trying to nerf doctors heals and debuffs, since they are my only defensive skills. When I get invulnerability, roots, speed buffs, etc then you might have something to say.
    Personally I am sick of all docs trying to keep dmg 50% while heal is 100%, I want equal rules, I WANT 100% dmg, that is NOT a heal nerf...

Gimme heals, init debuffs, doc dotsnhots etc then... BTW, nukes is my offensive, they are currently gimped as prooved...

Unless you have horribly low health, no DoT's do more than 40% damage in a single tick anyway, so even if they were capped at 40% of max health it would make no difference.
    Huh? We are talking over time here.... 2 dots will kill no matter what... It will make a HUGE difference... cause I would have 20% health left if the dots was capped as everything else... but now im dead, no matter what.

It really doesnt matter what you guys say, I still think it is UNBALANCED that docs can heal for more than I can do for dmg with nukes.
    Last edited by Garzu; Feb 13th, 2002 at 03:43:11.
    NT phone HOME!!

LOL, this is sooooo funny, all the docs trying to defend themselves. DoTs is 100% Death over Time (DoT) No low health prof/breed are able to survive them, unless they got a healer around, or if they are very close to zone.

Healing is UBER, there is NO DOUBT about it! I am enf, I usually kick ass, but when I meet a doc and get Muscle Tremor debuffed, I run like hell!!! There is NO WAY I can do more dmg than a doctor can heal for then.

Now its more and more popular for doctors to use Flashpoints, 3 specials/Muscle Spasms/Heals Is UNBEATABLE.

Doctors IS THE GODS OF PVP NOW!!!
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Now to the cold hard facts:

I am not sure what dots stacks with each other, but they do about same dmg over all, so i picked the 2 highest i found:

Sentient Nano Gorger:

431 dmg x 15 ticks every 6 secs (PvP htis means 215,5 dmg pr tick, over all dmg is 3232,5 dmg)

Scythe B Virus:

211 dmg x 30 ticks every 3 secs (PvP this means 105,5 dmg pr tick, over all dmg is 3165 dmg)

One of those dots is enough to take me down alone, if i am unbuffed...

In 48 secs I am for 100% sure dead, not counting weapons or anything except DoTs.

Add for example a init debuff like Decreptitude, -2569 to all inits.... good luck, I DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER CHOICE BUT RUN EVERY SINGLE TIME I MEET A DOC, NO OTHER CHOICE.
    NT phone HOME!!

combat is by far the largest part of the game. If a class cant fight they are worthless. Would you expect docs to sit in town and buff people? Make blood plasme from other peoples monster parts? That would make for an incredible game! The entire vast world shut off to the non combat classes. Either that or team up with people like you just to go outside the city gates. Maybe they could sit around and passively generate IP so eventually they can buff you into your armor. Be so good id get 2 accounts and make a doc on each.

sure healing is overpower. but you can't speak for rasing damage. and 100/40 is just totaly bs. then any 3 crits from lvl 75 too 200 kills.
    now as much as nt's are hit by 50% dam so is the ma, i peck for 51 damag in pvp at lvl 113, and i am in no way uber.

but fighting pvp is just not fun with 3 hit kills. nerf damage more i say, would probarly make heals more overpower so what. lear to accept it, if damage was lowered more fights would last longer and you could actually use strategy.

besides i can't see how oyu will cap 40% on heals and not get into a ton of trouble handling pvp and pvm at the same time.
    it's easy in the arena but how the hell are you gonna do it when fighting a borg and a player at the same time. or a leet and a player !!

anywas team pvp with a 40% on healing is dead and that's what this game is about.

if you can't solo pvp get a team, you do that for pvm don't you !
    and get rid of those titles or make em count when your teamed too.
    Edit{
    on the count of range garzu i was just so pissed when i played my agent, and found out that my range was hard capped and nanos wasent.
    i am all for removing hardcap on range for nano's and weapons, just gotta be for both
    }
    Last edited by Illith; Feb 13th, 2002 at 16:31:34.

actually a dot is subjekted to the 40% cap as everything else is.
    it's just every time they tic.
    doctors aren't the only ones with dots they are just the ones that master them, a doc dot is like a nt nuke, or a sol's gun,
    same thing goes for ma's blessed with thunder and shen special attacks.
    now if you cap dots at 40% for there entire damage you need to shorten there duration ie make them tic faster, so that the doc could stack more then 2 during the entire fight.

but again i wonna advocate for longer pvp fights, and that means less damage done.

as much as you keep saying why heals should cap at 40%, you don't want to see the consekvenses to team pvp, and bugs/exploits they may bring.
    it's easy to cry nerf but it might take a LONG time to get a fix, as most ppl allready know.

and heals in team pvp isen't overpower at all.
    with todays rules for pvp 3 ppl on 1 persone of equal lvl is practucaly insta death of the 1 persone even if a doc. now don't tell me you insta die agains 3 yellow mobs in pvm. and if you do why do you expect to exel in pvp then.
    and what are the toughes mobs to kill in pvm, i have found em to be doc's who heal and enforcers, and due to being ma's anyone with a dam shiled but that's beside the point.
    so why can't doc's be good in pvp when docs pvm is so tough, ponder that.

pvp is today only about gettin enough crits,(ie BIG hits) to take 40% chunks of ppls health, and those rules favor fast high dam weapons (crit weapons) nts used to be good at pvp becourse full dam went in, ma's sucked as much in pvp as in pvm. doc's has allways been tough to kill, and come on a doc heal is if insta casted only castable once every 3s, they are still killable.
    and the slow as everyone is talking about. is the thing to look into
    your attacking doctors, but hitting adventures as well. haven't read a post about adventures being uber becourse they can heal in pvp.

if you wonna nerf docs in pvp, don't hit heals, go for what is making the heals unfair.

dots needs looking into but 40% cap as you sugest then they would be totaly underpower, and the slow ration should maybe be adjusted say hit those with a 50% effecion in pvp. or you could accept that pvp is basicly only done by twinks atm. and should stop being gangs or arena fights.
    and damn to hell titles, remove titles and i bet gangs would drop, at least just a tad.

What is there to say?
    A nt casting i.e Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame does 2,249-3,074 points of damage with 7 sec casttime and 4,8 sec recharge.
    It can almost be instacasted about 10 times during 1 min, how mutch dmg is that compared to a doc's dot that ticks for 1 min? I know this might not be the best comparison, but hey if they "nerf" dot's they have to work it so that more then 2 dot's can be stacked, and compare the dmg with nano spent on the cast.

And what more is there to say? go take a look at NT's at the nt board or here at the PvP board, what do they do? Yes they screem for nerf upon almost all professions that they have a hard time fighting.

Take a look, soldiers shield is the "nc" now that is pretty mutch the only thing a soldier have is now up for nerf from the some ppl in the nt comunity.

And Garzu if ur unbuffed for PvP, well blame urself, and there is no stacking of dot's from some doc that can kill u alone if ur prepared for PvP. The doc has to be close to lvl 200 to be able to selfcast and stack our 2 best dot's.

I've fought lots of 130-150 lvl nt's that easy survived me stacking w&r and Cellular Dismantlement, shield and recasting layer helps u know + firsaid stims. And ur debuff will hinder most doc in casting theyr best dot's, and u always have the posibility to root an oponent if ur about to loose.

Decrepitude ---> breaks on first impact!
    Best nonebreak is "Uncontrollable Body Tremors" witch i don't think any doc will be able or wan't to selfcast as it interfere with lots of other important doc plants.

But why don't nt's tell us about what they are insane great at?
    Sneeking upon ppl doing ae and killing lots of ppl that not even know thay are under attack, and if someone tab and attack the nt they shield up and keep on recasting "Volcanic Eruption" that is instacast with an recharge of 1,54 sec.
    THIS is why Garzu wan't 100/40 dmg, so he can kill all ppl in about 8-10 sec no matter what hp they have as long as they are range of his nuke. Nt's being artillery dealing lots of dmg into an are is an nt thing only, there is no other professions that can do this. Common does it not give u a great feeling of having 30 "u target did not loose anough..." spamming ur chat?

And you know what, when FC was doing this "dmg" cap, they actually did see that a doc could keep up with the dmg of nt's nukes, but if u count a gun into this math, there is no doc out there that can outheal a nt's with a gun doing 3k dmg every 4 sec! They might even use a "soldiergun" with alphastrike that none but nt's and soldiers can survive if it lands.

NT = "Nerf Them"

Sorry if i offend the whole nt community :-)

Illith:

now as much as nt's are hit by 50% dam so is the ma, i peck for 51 damag in pvp at lvl 113, and i am in no way uber.

Maybe YOU are not uber, but as you described in another thread, Qwerty1 is uber...

nerf damage more i say, would probarly make heals more overpower so what. lear to accept it,

Yeah, same way as you "learned" to accept stuns?

besides i can't see how oyu will cap 40% on heals and not get into a ton of trouble handling pvp and pvm at the same time.

Not even going to discuss this, I have seen many viable solutions to this.

so why can't doc's be good in pvp when docs pvm is so tough, ponder that.

From what I hear from other docs and my experiences too, docs were good in pvp before dmg nerf...

and come on a doc heal is if insta casted only castable once every 3s, they are still killable.

Well, if my nuke is instacast, it got 4 secs recharge....

if you can't solo pvp get a team, you do that for pvm don't you !

Wish you would have said that about stuns too...

now if you cap dots at 40% for there entire damage you need to shorten there duration ie make them tic faster, so that the doc could stack more then 2 during the entire fight.

Stack 3 then? Well, the problem now is that I die from 2 dots cause they are not capped at 40%, which I want them to be... so why should you be able to stack 3? Then I will die no matter what still...

but again i wonna advocate for longer pvp fights, and that means less damage done.

Asking for nerf here? And make heals even more UBER?

you don't want to see the consekvenses to team pvp, and bugs/exploits they may bring.

Its not that I dont "want" to see, I dont see any at all... do you see any?

it's easy to cry nerf but it might take a LONG time to get a fix, as most ppl allready know.

Exactly... so we need temporary solutions...

if you wonna nerf docs in pvp, don't hit heals, go for what is making the heals unfair.

And what is that may I ask?

Fryli:

A nt casting i.e Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame does 2,249-3,074 points of damage with 7 sec casttime and 4,8 sec recharge.
    It can almost be instacasted about 10 times during 1 min, how mutch dmg is that compared to a doc's dot that ticks for 1 min?

Almost instacast... well, at max def its cast in about 3-4 secs + 4,8 sec recharge, with a -1000 init debuff it is executed/recharged max every 15 secs...

And Garzu if ur unbuffed for PvP, well blame urself, and there is no stacking of dot's from some doc that can kill u alone if ur prepared for PvP. The doc has to be close to lvl 200 to be able to selfcast and stack our 2 best dot's.

Huh? Unbuffed I explained I could last 48 secs, but as I have shown you, those 2 dots do 6400 dmg, I have no way I can buff myself anywhere close to that much health...

I've fought lots of 130-150 lvl nt's that easy survived me stacking w&r and Cellular Dismantlement, shield and recasting layer helps u know + firsaid stims. And ur debuff will hinder most doc in casting theyr best dot's, and u always have the posibility to root an oponent if ur about to loose.

Shield does NOT help against DoTs... Nothing to discuss.

Recasting layered.... well, this is interesting, while I am recasting layered, you keep hitting me with some gun, and with init debuff running, I can cast a layered every 15 secs, this means no dmg from my guns... and of course, casting layered means I cannot nuke... Doesnt help to root when you got 6400 dmg dots running, you are dead... My debuff lasts for 20 secs, there is no way I can keep you debuffed for more than that, specially with init debuff running... BTW, roots doesnt work very well against docs, they tend to break in max 3 secs if the doc knows the non exploit tricks...

Best nonebreak is "Uncontrollable Body Tremors" witch i don't think any doc will be able or wan't to selfcast as it interfere with lots of other important doc plants.

Should break just as easy as roots.

Sneeking upon ppl doing ae and killing lots of ppl that not even know thay are under attack, and if someone tab and attack the nt they shield up and keep on recasting "Volcanic Eruption" that is instacast with an recharge of 1,54 sec.

I have said it many times, plz go read some other threads, AoE is the ONLY thing with NTs that is good... Anyway, are you trying to make a point here?

THIS is why Garzu wan't 100/40 dmg, so he can kill all ppl in about 8-10 sec no matter what hp they have as long as they are range of his nuke. Nt's being artillery dealing lots of dmg into an are is an nt thing only, there is no other professions that can do this. Common does it not give u a great feeling of having 30 "u target did not loose anough..." spamming ur chat?

It is fun yes... but those 30 ppl (great exaggeration, personal "All time high" is 15 ppl) is grey... And the use of AoE is very limited, I take a trip to ace camp for some slaughter yes, and the whole Omni M.O.T.H.E.R guild (almost all greys) were so damn stupid that they gathered in the middle of 25% in MMD many times in a row... AoE is very limited in its use... no 0% zones, no mobs around... unless I want to die... But AoE is good when I can use it...

And you know what, when FC was doing this "dmg" cap, they actually did see that a doc could keep up with the dmg of nt's nukes, but if u count a gun into this math, there is no doc out there that can outheal a nt's with a gun doing 3k dmg every 4 sec! They might even use a "soldiergun" with alphastrike that none but nt's and soldiers can survive if it lands.

ARGH!!! This is beyond beyond, it is damn clear you are running out of arguements here...

Docs can use weapons too and do same dmg with them as NTs, they can heal faster than NTs can nuke for dmg, this means you with gun + heals (negates nukes, + a little more) will kill any NT, you will win no matter what, this is without init debuff... Add a init debuff to it, you will fire that gun at least 2x as fast as NTs, no matter how you twist and turn on it, docs will win...

You say I can nuke with Enveloping and recast Layered as if i could do both at once... I cant...
    Last edited by Garzu; Feb 13th, 2002 at 23:40:06.
    NT phone HOME!!

Illith:

Shield does NOT help against DoTs... Nothing to discuss.

I have said it many times, plz go read some other threads, AoE is the ONLY thing with NTs that is good... Anyway, are you trying to make a point here?

ARGH!!! This is beyond beyond, it is damn clear you are running out of arguements here...

You say I can nuke with Enveloping and recast Layered as if i could do both at once... I cant...
    ARGH?
    http://www.anarchyonline.com/content/news/articles/980L

U think i get this out of thin air?

Shield does not help against dot's? totaly bs!
    Why dont they take dmg then?

Common lets nerf everythin, no lets make only 1 breed and 1 profession...? That would make NT(Nerf Them) Garzu happy.

Ohh, noooo i can't kill 30 ppl within 10 sec then.
    Why don't we nerf aoe? i't to uber, think about it....no other profession can hit 30 ppl at the same time without those 30 ppl not even notice it or autoattack back...NT's are way to uber....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast