Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: In regards to docs and others

And if u 100/40 "supporters" bring a litle math into this u will find that a lvl 100 could beat a lvl 150 as easy as the 150 today beat the lvl 100 :-) doing 40% dmg a q 180 vector that a lvl 75 Trader can equip will do more dmg to a 180 toon then the q180 vector the lvl 180 toon use agains the lvl 74. With that posibility well?
    Have u figured this out?
    Why not take away the 50/40 dmg that exist today and make all dmg 50% no matter what hp the target have? (not spes included)

i dont support the 100 40 method but i do support making heals the same as dmg they should have the same caps

Originally posted by Fryli

Why not take away the 50/40 dmg that exist today and make all dmg 50% no matter what hp the target have? (not spes included)
    Then the same should apply for healing.

Quote eleetist:
    Damage needs to be returned to normal with the 40% cap still in effect... 50% damage is not balanced with shields and heals.

Quote Fryli:
    But eleetist u actually agree with me :-)

Cant see where eleetist agrees with you here...

Anyway, you keep fighting our dmg unnerfing, you love it when dmg is nerfed while healing is not, stop it and fight for boosts...
    NT phone HOME!!

Fryli, I think 100% damage would improve your damage output alot.

The reason your dot's aren't capped is because each tick currently is counted as 1 attack, instead of the whole nano being counted. MA specials, Shen and BwT are the same.

So your DoTs with 100% damage would do their full 3.2k over time.

Personally, I'd like to see this all at once:

Crits fixed

100% damage 40% max damage per attack

over-equiping resolved, if that means Goudger massive nurf attack, or increasing damage output for classes that can't over equip by 100% or so, or re-inventing the combat system and basing damage on skill in the area you are doing damage more than the weapon you use.

Hmm...
    Yes, that is prolly how dot's and "ticking" ma attacks is counted.

I have done a lot of PvP the last few weeks, xp is to boring atm.
    If the 100/40 rule should go live we will actually go back and to have fights lasting 0.1-10 secs again, the "balance" between a lvl 150 vs a lvl 100 would be broken, since the dmg from the lvl 100 guy would do as "mutch" dmg as the lvl 150 toon.

I have to ask you guys would it not be better with all dmg doing 50% with no 40% cap? that way high attack-rating and the ability to cast high qlty nukes would matter? i actually think that a Agent with 1000 in rifle skill should make more dmg then a agent with 700 in rifle skills wielding the same rifle. And i also think that if an nt casting the loooooong spelltime "last" nuke it should do 50% dmg and not max 40%. If the 40% hp cap is gone, there would prolly be a better balance between dmg and the defencive abilities of professions.

Garzu, i compare shield with heals when it comes to defencive abilities, but u don't agree to that. So eleetist is actually agree to that by saying that 50% dmg is not balanced with shields and heals :-).
    So tell me Garzu if i agree to 50% nerf heals would u agree to nerf nt shields by 50% ?

I'm weighing in one last time on soldier reflect shields. Our shields are a percent, so before the damage nerf they did x%, and after the damage nerf they did x%. It wasn't a set number, and is thus scaled along with the nerf, there's is absolutely no need to adjust our already crappy reflect shields. Unless you're a soldier with mirror mk X you're crappy reflect shield will not save you, a doctor, an mp, or an enforcer will kill you with ease, even with mirror X I think those professions would kill you easy in a strait duel without the soldier running away. An enforcer will just mongo endlessly keeping up with out feeble damage, a doctor will heal endlessly keeing up with out feeble damage, and an mp's heal pet will heal endlessly keeping up with out feeble damage. All the while the oponent is wearing down a soldiers health, the mirror shield merely keeps us alive for a set amount of time longer. That's three professions a soldier stands absolutely no change against, if anything our shields need to be revamped upward .

I have done a lot of PvP the last few weeks, xp is to boring atm.
    If the 100/40 rule should go live we will actually go back and to have fights lasting 0.1-10 secs again, the "balance" between a lvl 150 vs a lvl 100 would be broken, since the dmg from the lvl 100 guy would do as "mutch" dmg as the lvl 150 toon.

While I dont agree on this, I would like 100% dmg and much shorter fights instead of the currently 50% dmg vs 100% heals.

I have to ask you guys would it not be better with all dmg doing 50% with no 40% cap? that way high attack-rating and the ability to cast high qlty nukes would matter? i actually think that a Agent with 1000 in rifle skill should make more dmg then a agent with 700 in rifle skills wielding the same rifle. And i also think that if an nt casting the loooooong spelltime "last" nuke it should do 50% dmg and not max 40%. If the 40% hp cap is gone, there would prolly be a better balance between dmg and the defencive abilities of professions.

It would be better yes, but the same rules should apply for healing too.

Garzu, i compare shield with heals when it comes to defencive abilities, but u don't agree to that. So eleetist is actually agree to that by saying that 50% dmg is not balanced with shields and heals :-).
    So tell me Garzu if i agree to 50% nerf heals would u agree to nerf nt shields by 50% ?

For me healing is the counterpart of dmg, but if you really want it, then we should make your hp buffs 50% slow debuff 50%, basically everything should be 50% then, AC is defensive too you know, so should ac be 50% too?
    NT phone HOME!!

And if u 100/40 "supporters" bring a litle math into this u will find that a lvl 100 could beat a lvl 150 as easy as the 150 today beat the lvl 100 :-) doing 40% dmg a q 180 vector that a lvl 75 Trader can equip will do more dmg to a 180 toon then the q180 vector the lvl 180 toon use agains the lvl 74. With that posibility well?
    Have u figured this out?
    1) Because then people will whine when an agent hits a 10k aimed shot that hits them for 5k and they get instakilled.

2) It's all relative, but if you make it possible for a Lvl75 to every fight against a level 180, then you need to make it somewhat possible for that Level 75 to win... else allowing them to fight is a stupid rule. All you effectively do is allow the high level to gank.

A lvl 180 has an AC advantage as well as double the attack rating of a Lvl75... this means he's is more likely to crit the Lvl75, than the Lvl75 crit him. He will also hit for higher average damage and be more likely to hit for 40% of hp's on every shot. Which means 3 shots = death for the Lvl75.

If you get rid of the 40% and just leave 50% damage then you have done relatively nothing to the state of PvP, except reintroduced instakills. You create a situation where Doc and Meta still usually win, but with an instakill an agent/soldier may stand a chance.

Very good point eleetist, i didnt think of that, guess Fryli didnt either. So I guess it will be 50% healing or 100% dmg, one of the 2...
    NT phone HOME!!

Yes i did think of that, and i did not want the 50% dmg on spesials :-) still want them to be 40%.

What about a 50/100 cap on dd's then? under current rules it's casters that have a disadvantage agains wpn classes because of the cast/reload time and the nanopool.

And btw i actually think it a stupid rule that a lvl 75 can fight a 150+ they don't stand a chanse unless they are in a darn god team with "twinks" :-)

Fryli, do you realize I can Nullity MK II, then max agg, then cast a Last word....? Heh, unless you resist it (not very likely, even when it got 160% resist) or got more than 4500 health and/or got MK shield, you cant be sure to survive that.... you would never get the chance to heal.... well, you Fryli would, cause with buffed health you got more than 4500 health, but most other nano breed and opifexes, would not stand a chance...

And for NTs, at least for me, it is the 50% dmg that hurts my nano pool, not the 40% cap, cause few of my nukes can do more than 40% in one hit against a player, as long as my dmg is 50%.
    NT phone HOME!!

I'm not afraid of the "last" nuke with a 50% cap. what i'm afraid of is nt's "Volcanic Eruption" with 100/40 cap. I
    f we say it does "1000" in avareage on a 150 toon with 5000 hp, it takes about 5 cast to kill someone, thats about 8 sec! And if u add nt's gun or mele into it, well "none" would be able to survive a nt with "nulity" casting 10-12 cast within 20 sec. That would be pretty awsome, and i think u have to agree to that :-)

It will be more like 10 secs. Anyway, im not that impressed over that, still happens to me that i get killed in 10 secs.... under the current rules...

AE is not something you always can use, unless of course you want to be really unpopular in for example a 0% zone, where it hits all, not only opposite side. Or if we have a death wish... it causes alot of aggro. But yes, AE is good, it is the best we got... If I were you I would fear the MP Mind Quake more, it does same dmg but is not AE... Mind Quake is the best single target nuke in the game... better than any of the NTs...

Anyway, most important is to balance the heal vs dmg, how they do it is not important, as long as it is a good solution
    NT phone HOME!!

i just tested with trystar's surpressor today on me and you know what he did on me? 2162 points of full auto damage! that's my 40% buddy, im a doc so i can heal up and it was a test anyways so not like we were fighting but if you just put the damage to 50% without the 40% cap can we say ouchie 1 hit kills by his uber 200 surpressor which will prolly apply to anybody who doesnt have over 5k hp? lol so the 40% cap is needed.

ps:im sure he's not the only person capable of doing 10k damage on mobs alot, many soldiers with good guns or an agent on critcal streaks with buffes can do it, so yeah that'd be something to think about =).

Exclamation

What about Pets then?
    Last night in PvP with my NT I got attacked by an Engie with a Slayer. I have selfbuffed with Enfraams Greater Fortification 1390 or so in hp and I had layered protection up (332 layers).
    That makes my hp to be based at 1720 or so.
    The damned slayer hit me for 1.8k dmg in one hit.
    Later the same night I got attacked by an Metaphysical Demon and it hit me with 1k first and then 1.1k the second.
    I want to know where the heck the 40% cap and 50% dmg is here.
    And btw, I was standing in 75% zone in MMD.

Atnaszurc (91 NT) RK2

Re: Re: In regards to docs and others

Originally posted by Dr. Sent

Hey ignorant Jackass! Docs ARE a fighting class. Yeah we're not as good as soldiers with a gun, and we're not as good as an enforcer with a hammer but we still can fight.

Why don't you get it through your think stupid brain that docs do more then just heal. You think it's so easy and docs are so uber. MAKE A DOCTOR!

whiteaw: "But when the profession which is supposed to be least suited for pvp"

Huh? SCREW YOU!
    I think you prove his, and almost everyone else's point. Yes you ARE a fighting class. You shouldn't be. Because you are a DOCTOR. Imo, doctors should not be allowed to carry guns, and rather have some other nifty equippement to carry. I.e. a badass "tranquilizer" gun.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Originally posted by xarax
    What about Pets then?
    Last night in PvP with my NT I got attacked by an Engie with a Slayer. I have selfbuffed with Enfraams Greater Fortification 1390 or so in hp and I had layered protection up (332 layers).
    That makes my hp to be based at 1720 or so.
    The damned slayer hit me for 1.8k dmg in one hit.
    Later the same night I got attacked by an Metaphysical Demon and it hit me with 1k first and then 1.1k the second.
    I want to know where the heck the 40% cap and 50% dmg is here.
    And btw, I was standing in 75% zone in MMD.

Atnaszurc (91 NT) RK2
    No it didn't. No offence, but pet damage is fixed since a few patches, and it now follows the same rules as normal PvPing players. It cannot have hit you for 1.8k dmg

If the zone wasnt that laggy Id have a screenshot to show you.
    Oh well. Probably just lag so the dmg stacked in the chat.
    Got attacked once and died at once, still curious about that one.
    See ya at war
    Atnaszurc (91 Clan NT) RK2
    Btw, Me no gridcamper
    Me first to die in war =P

Doh, Garzu!
    With 100/40 u would only need to aoe 3 times again to kill all ppl within range, that would bring us back to the old days.
    And yes i can't agree for a 100% cap at 100/40 cap, that would hurt doc's dmg output more then any other professions in the game. Yes i would still do 100% heal, but it a my dot's take a ****load of nano to cast, casting my 2 best dot's draining 2500 nano from my pool only to do 80% dmg on the toon i'm fighting!
    How would u like to spend 2500 nano on a lvl 100 toon and still not kill him? And gues what if he is an nt or soldier, or even an agent with shield, darn they would laugh of the dmg.

The balance isue is more then nerfing, but Garzu have brought the nerfstick onto many other professions too. But hey, i gues ur pride got hurt to mutch by getting killed by a doc.

And yes i play a doc, and we was damn powerfull before 1/2 dmg cap, and we still are. And i can agree to nerf heal that day you agree to nerf shields, debuffs and roots. But then you cry, noooooooo I would get hurt from that....and i mean all debuffs, even the doc's.

But Garzu, u just want to be able to drop ppl again with 3-4 fast spells in 10-15 sec, no healerprofession would be able to outheal that even with 100% heals, i've been there , done that!

I can't agree to totaly nerf a profession that i play, i can't agree to be able to heal for 350 every 4 sec, when dmg hit me for 3 x 1,5k in 1 sec. That would totaly bring healerclasses out of PvP, since we have no shield to hide behind!
    But that u are to ignorant to understand.
    Doctors damage output is no subject, should be no subject and will be no subject. You are a DOCTOR. Health personell. Not a warrior. If you dislike that fact, reroll as a soldier.

Originally posted by Illuvatar

Doctors damage output is no subject, should be no subject and will be no subject. You are a DOCTOR. Health personell. Not a warrior. If you dislike that fact, reroll as a soldier.

I'll remeber that next time i see you in pvp screaming for a heal.

have a nice day

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast