Thread: fixing Parry

fixing Parry

I read in the community board that fixing Parry is a priority, since its broken and bugged.

I wanted to make sure it got addressed from a players perspective you never Parry anything. .. except maybe in the newbie yard (I seem to remember that) you never parry a mobs attack.

It seems like players who invest IP in Parry should get some decent benefit from it, both in PVM and PVP.

So players should hopefully see some benefit here ?????
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

it do works actually

I do parry mobs in missions and such, also sometimes mobs higher lvl then me.

As a MA, I equip a 200 parry stick when I fight melee-mobs, giving me around 1040 in parry skill, and 1130 evades.

Ofcourse, u need to lower your agg, I usually have it around 30-40%. (Without scope I would have gone to 0%)

But parry is somehow broken yet, though mobs with range arent supposed to parry.
    And also when u get parried using bow, that is stupid

And Dimach shouldnt get parried, its a soul attack.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Ever saw a Slayerdroid II fight a Level 200 Enforcer mob ? It's ugly, the Mob is parrying the slayer at least 70% of the time and that's with the new AR buffs and trimmed to agg.
    Last edited by Aguitha; Dec 21st, 2002 at 06:23:52.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

hehe

I have no idea how it works with pets that lvl, could maybe be that the slayer AR is still too low?

I have around 1200 since they changed the token-board, and enf mobs arent that hard anymore, worst is actually doc-mobs.

(cause of their init-debuff and dots)

Do you trim your slayer to defense or agg?

Cause if I go full agg, I hardly parry lvls above me.

But since a 200 enf do parry a slayer that much, then Parry still needs to be fixed.
    And engies still need more love
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Interestingly enough, at level 120 with ~550 parry skill, I parry 1-2 times per fight against yellow enemies.

This is at full agg.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Update on parry

Hmm, guess I was to fast to conclude that parry work

Well, it works against my lvls in mission, but when I fight melee aces 200+, like Ace Ruffian and Real Mean Enf-mobs, I dont parry at all, not even at 25%. Very rarely, I evade, but I dont parry.

But the mobs parry or evade ALOT, way to much since theyre only 6-10 lvls above me.

Fix the parry

Quote Kenlon:
    "Interestingly enough, at level 120 with ~550 parry skill, I parry 1-2 times per fight against yellow enemies.

This is at full agg."

Yup, yellows are never the problems, its the orange ones that cause problems For instance Vet-scouts, they hardly hit me at all, even when I go 50% and without the parry-stick.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

The thing is that parry is checked after evades, so if you don't evade, you're probably not going to parry either. /shrug

Personally I think it would be good to make parry "add" some to Evade clcas (since you can only really parry melee attacks). That might actually make it somewhat useful.

~Chris

would definetly want to c more benefits from my maxed parry =)

parry shields r nice though!

With Max (700ish) parry, you *DO* parry. From a players' perspective.

However, mobs parry me far more than I parry them. I guess since they are higher level that might make sense, but it sure sucks that a gun user doesn't have to worry about it, while I do.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

im capped on parry and have iimplants for it sinse lvl 100 thru 150
    and yet i havent seen a parry yet... yes i might have missed it but it cant be happening more then once a year if i really missed it
    im on 50% agg
    ---------
    Drunklight, Member of Storm

Parry ?

Why would we want skills to function in the manner in which we expect ?

Dont worry though...since mobs parry VERY VERY VERY well Im sure FC has the code to fix it for players , all we have to do is wait for it .

<yawn>

And my sneakattack gets parried.... how do people parry attacks they don't see coming ?

... answered your own question, they saw and parried your attempt.

Parry has worked for me, but only noticibly at full Defensive, with a blinded opponent. but since I evade before I have to parry, it makes sense that I see very few parries.