Thread: "Ninja" Looting.

Thumbs down "Ninja" Looting.

Well, I think you'll all agree, distribution Nodrop is da sux.
    Tonight we lost 2 Pain of Patricia, because during few sec the loot was released, and someone flew next to the corpse and took them...

Well, since FC seems incompetent to fix things, here's 2 "solutions" I found.
    1) Delete the Nodrop flag. This had been discussed several times, that may ruins the "economy" of RK, etc... but it's a potential fix. ( Or at least delete the flag of the items dropped by the bosses/uniques. ) Definitively a discutable solution.

2) Add a small period of time during which you can trade the items. Lemme explain.
    Let's say you just killed Morgan Lafaye, and she dropped a QL 200 torturing tool. ( woot ) You might be able to trade it during the next 60 seconds, and after this period, the tool might become Nodrop. And/Or, once traded, it might instantly become Nodrop.

I personally prefer the 2nd solution.
    Feel free to comment, flame me, or post your apologize for having wasted 2 hours of game for 20 players.

While i'm at it...
    The "Damage wiping" code when someone leave the team is totally ****ed.
    Here's another fix I thought to :
    Don't wipe the damage if all the teamed players are in the same level range.
    Easy huh ?

Regards,
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Bumping this.. They should also make loot messages in vicinity, to identify ninjalooters or backstabbers.
    We also lost an azure piece from nelly today due to the corpse poofing before the officers had decided who should get it.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Pleae post the names of the loosers in here so that we know who they are, and we can sully there good name on RK1
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

god thats lame, they really need to do something about it

perhaps make the loot drop in a container, like the agent hood, and it dissolves after an hour if not right clicked and opened

something must be done though, and soon

who was it?
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Well, I don't really want to post her name 'till i'm sure she ninjaed... But I know we'll never know.

When that happened, while everyone were killing Nelly, I talked to her. She told me she hadn't ninjaed anything, and that she went close to the body coz he pushed the "0" key by mistake. ( Just imagine the scene... 1 Remains, 2 peeps in the middle, 20ish other players in circle around the remains, then suddently a golden yalm land near the remains and 3sec after, take off and fly away. )

I'm still pissed.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

ask her if she agrees to have a gm scan her acct for the items to clear their name, do it quick and they can tell if she deleted or anything, good way to verify, and then we can all know for sure, we had to do that once before at tara :/

theres no real excuse for anyone to be near a body once its down, kinda sad problems like these even have to be faced
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

hm the second solution still can **** the economy... or can be dangerous if someone LD...

i have a third one... if someone loot, and someone else try to loot
    the first looter can have a msg with the name and can choose to autorize the second guy who try to loot to have the loot...

i don t know if i explain well but lets do an example

Cronost loot Patricia J. : he see a pain of p. nodrop
    Mareva try to loot while cronost got the loot : he have a pop saying i try to loot and he can say no/yes if no he keep the loot if yes he loose loot and i got it...

It can be boring in mission so u can put a flag "instantly say no"

and if u have to go away from the remains (can t stay near) : u can "lock the loot" or unlock it when it is locked, if u do that, when u click on the corps u ll see

Remains of ... and under (like a guild name) Locked by Cronost
    Why having a flag saying who locked ? prevent a ninja looter to keep a loot for him...

That s my ideas

and u can do a mix of the two ideas

Locked loot : someone else try to loot, owner have a msg and can autorize or not...

Will prevent some ninja loot at T. or uniques like that...
    Vaultcitizen ADV 190. Teh pistol gimpness
    Catspawgirl NT 171. Pnh/Ior Dispenser
    Mareva Fix 167. GSF, Hot and fix grid Dispenser
    Canigou MP 135. CI Dispenser
    Pipboy2001 MA 80ish in gamboling doing /fblock.

Rubi-Ka 1

allways /tell Vaultcitizen

I know one alt who did this and is still doing it and braggs about it in nc.I"m not gonna say who on the board,but he was omni and a high lvl alt.Thought it was hilarious by the way he was going on.I just cant drop dimes on people...for any reason.Besides how could it be proven.

Simple /loot pass (to targeted char) command would be just fine.
    "Optimuz" Prime - Title 7 Soldier, Unit member of Storm

Buffy "Intone" Vampireslayer - Title 7 Atrox MP - Retired bitter old fool without IPR to spare
    Superior "Carbonic" Lifeform - Title 5 NT - Killed by Cyberdeck
    El "Liberator" Bombaaargh - Title 4 MA - Flavour of the Month

Caginou, your idea is a damm good one.

Intone, it works just like the "/loot pass" u've suggested, except that is initated by the "target" of your suggestion.

FC should seriously take this suggestion into consideration...

Last edited by Vitalangel; Jan 2nd, 2003 at 15:23:48.
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

They should make Ninja looting a bannable offense.

They now have the CS tool to reimburse lost items, so they should be able to track items.

Make sure that they announce it on the start up screen, so no one can say "I didnt know".

Cheers

Sepaku

Originally posted by Sepaku
    They should make Ninja looting a bannable offense.

They now have the CS tool to reimburse lost items, so they should be able to track items.

Make sure that they announce it on the start up screen, so no one can say "I didnt know".

Cheers

Sepaku
    Bann people for ninjaing?.. Isn't that as greedy as ninjaing?
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Looting someone elses kill ....is stealing imo. I think people should be banned for it. If they did not kill the mob or were not part of a raid that killed the mob ....they dont deserve the loot. I say ban "ninja looters".

Hajkster ....How is wanting ninjas banned greedy?

Cheers
    Sepaku
    131 Atrox Fixer

I'm unclear on how you can loot someone else's kill. I thought that was restricted to the person who got the kill or team members, depending on loot order.

A mob becomes available for all to loot after a short time. Those who made kill maybe deciding loot or still fighting other mobs. This enables thieves aka "Ninjas" to come up and steal loot.

Sep

Easiest solution : 1. Show the loot of bosses & uniques in the vicinity + 2. All non-drops can be looted + traded as a disabled item (for example those santa-hats have been "vaccum packed", once you click it it becomes useable / non-drop)

*bumpage*