Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: w0oT Cz is off for a week! Let the spamming and flaming begin!!!

can't miss out on this

Considering my shamefully low post count I just had to jump on this oppurtunity.

-Cat
    I'm Back

I found these on one of my useless searches through the web...I had planned on inserting them into my sig on a weekly basis, but I feel a grand oppurtunity to post them has arrived, please note that someone else did the research and placed these terms on various pirate loving websites...I am simply picking out a select few to share with my fixer brothers and sisters....arrrggghhhhh

COMMON PIRATE TERMS

Pyrate - A robber at sea. Any act of theft while on the oceans is pyracy in the most general sense.

To Go on Account - a pleasant term used by pyrates to describe the act of turning pyrate. The basic idea was that a pyrate was more "free lance" and thus was, more or less, going into business for himself.

Landlubber - a term given to one fond of land as opposed to sea. The terms doesn't derive from "land lover" but rather from the root of "lubber" which means clumsy or uncoordinated. Thus, a landlubber is one who is awkward at sea for familiarity with the land. Of course, this terms was used to insult the abilities of one at sea.
    I'm Back

Cool. Hmm.. Going for 1k Post Count I guess eh.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

100, Yay. :P
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Davy Jones's Locker - a fictional place at the bottom of the ocean. In short, a term meaning death. Davey Jones was said to sink every ship he ever over took, and thus, the watery grave that awaited all who were sunk by him was given his name. To die at sea is to go to "Davey Jones's Locker".

Keel Haul - another term made famous by pyrates. This is the act of throwing a man overboard, tied to a rope that goes beneath the ship, and then dragging him from one side to the other and hauling him out. Besides the torment of being dragged under water, this would drag the victim across the barnacle studded ship's hull and cause great pain and injury. This was a serious punishment and not administered lightly.

Shiver me Timbers - This term was used to express shock or surprise. The idea of timbers shivering comes from the vibration set up in the mast (timbers) by either running aground or a solid hit from a larger gun. The suggestion is that something has shaken the speaker from a state of less awareness.

Black Spot - Tipping the black spot was a way pyrates gave a death threat. As in the Novel, Treasure Island, a paper was marked with a black smudge on one side and often a message on the other to make the threat specific.

Letter of Marque - a document given to a sailor (privateer) giving him amnesty from pyracy laws as long as the ships plundered were of an enemy nation. A large portion of the pyrates began as privateers, with this symbol of legitimacy. Still, the earnings of a privateer were significantly better than any given a soldier at sea in any Navy.
    I'm Back

hey I get to have a little fun here too!! post count pump up!!
    Layartic - I have no fear of falling but I hate hitting the ground!!
    Sunebam - What you want me to heal too!!??
    Shatterstarr - Just kinda relaxing to let your pets work!

And a few other toons of no notable mention yet

sure, why not

Hey all ,

Ive read here since I got in game.
    I have two accounts..the oldest being 7/01 , dunno why I havent posted before , oh well .

I just got back to game after a 4 month afk. I dunno why .

I figured a bump is a good hello to the fixers here.

Starmann .

spam, spam, bacon, eggs, and spam
    I'm Back

Vogon you forgot to wait for the reply, yes you can join, now you may spam
    Layartic - I have no fear of falling but I hate hitting the ground!!
    Sunebam - What you want me to heal too!!??
    Shatterstarr - Just kinda relaxing to let your pets work!

And a few other toons of no notable mention yet

Excellent !!

While we're on the subject of me ,

Can I possibly recruit some friendly fixers to help me with getting my Gamma ?

I rememeber reading this weapon is gotten around the same time as the QL70 implants go in...somewhere between lvls 40-50 and I am ready 8) .

Starmann
    rk1

*flames*

*spams*

..I feel dirty now.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Post machine nuthin', I got that down.

And it's piratry. It just sounds better.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

when will people learn that you dont get postcount+ in the social forum .. never
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Talking

LOL we did this just to say "HI" to CZ. After all the title of the thread invites moderaters to move it to the social forum. The intent of the thread was a good natured ribbing of our (arguably) beloved forum admin for the holidays. Originally it was started in the fixer forum, the wellspring of knowledge and spam. Happy Holidays all, whatever holiday it may be. I personally will be celebrating Winter Solstice Roman/Pagan Gluttony and Gift Day. Since I will be spending it with family this year the customary Roman pre- and post-feast orgy is cancelled. It has been Re-scheduled for new years whenever Jorji, Mswetwork, Roisin, and Genfire get here. (woot!)
    Bad Fixer
    Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est!

I feel so left out.

Guess I'll just eat my Chinese food and theater-hop with flask in pocket...

Yep. Christmas = Chinese food, movies, and booze for me.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast