Thread: Acambot suggestion (omni tara rk1)

Acambot suggestion (omni tara rk1)

Now, before i say what im going to, anyone who applies to this post, i do not have anything against, Ciethin for example (spell?), but i just think its a bit unfair, sorta.

Currently, if you are in possetion of a tara item, you can generally apply for that item, with the exception of it being no-drop, unless it is possible to use 2, inw hich case you can apply.

But, this rule doesnt apply to droppable items, i think that people, such as ceithin shouldnt be able to enter for a raffle, when they have the item to begin with, she recently won a dragon chest, so now she has 2. This would give the people who dont have the item, a better chance of getting it. For example, instead of enetering the raffle for dragon chest, you could have enetered the raffle for a GoS, or other items.

All that i want, is an improved chance for people who dont have the items, and remember, this is not a flame against cieth, or other people who have twins, or even triplets of the same item.

Does anyone agree with this? or can anyone come up with a reason to allow them? All that i can think of is either getting money for the item, or giving it to an alt.

Pro.
    ---------
    Increased chance for other people who dont have the item
    People are more dispersed throughout the raffles

Con.
    ---------
    Harder to get items for alts
    People who would win, cant sell that item and get money, which can sometimes be a source of extreme wealth.

Again, not a falme, but an improvement through my eyes.

If she was there spending her time helping, and she won it fair. I don't see the problem.

Depends why you goto Tara.
    If its to help omnis line thier pockets with creds then there is no problem.

Now if its to help people get items they can use and that will help improve them. Plus more important make omnis in general stronger then yes there is a problem.

I know ceith does actualy take part and do her bit but what about the others? Should those who work hard at these raids help make thse ppls richers?

I would love to see a no selling of raffles won items and you can only win each item once unless you can actualy use 2 like the GoC and GoS. Maybe then people will actualy start thinking before entering a raffle. Unlikely, greed rules alot of people in this game.

Please....

The best way for every Omni to get the T loot they want, is to continue winning T.

That may involve more initiative when "the usual suspects" aren't on, ie More ppl have to step up and organize these raids.

Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

I'm not a greedy person. I have had a HPO, which i gave back to my old guild when i stoped playing for a while. I won a piece of foot flesh last night. I'm soo uber and greedy let me tell you.

All I'm saying is it could be worse (it was worse back when). You could have a few uber guilds getting ALL the items, just to sell them.

Open raffle is the best thing to happen at Tarasque for Omni. IMHO.

And the problem is no one wants to administrate the tracking of who won what etc. Not that they are greedy. If you want to administrate a system like that, then go for it. Good luck. No one is stoping you. No one *has* to follow any system.

I'm just being realistic. As soon as you start telling people they can't participate in the raffle, people will stop showing up, and Omni will loose anyways.

Val

funny part is theres a lot of people not going because of the LAs Vegas syndrom, but anyway
    Infamine 200 soljah

Infamine is right there alot of good ppl not going because of the greed effect. Omni winning GS's over the last few days hasn't been the norm. Reason for this? Many fold. People got fed up with the way certain poeple got loot. Like Agents/MAs etc getting GPH. People entering the Dragon chest armour so they could make a few creds. Alot of omnis and I bet this is true for clan only turn up if its an easy fight. Thirdly because of the poor lag.

I don't go cause of the greed effect
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

i will never go inless i hear theres a fight, cause it is not fun, and giving others loot to sell dosent justify my wasted time

once in a blue moon you'll get that bad ass fight, tho it dosen't happen too often
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Personally I dont really care about gettin loot, its just an advantage of winning the GS. I'm down there for the fight, and alot of Omni are there for the fight too. Thats why you don't really see any omni down there any more. There is either a huge fight, we start to win a bunch of people you have never seen before and can be killed by an alpah show up and win the loot that you fought for. Or we get a bunch of people there, and then once you die you leave.
    If I was a lewt whore I'de go clan and just go AFK in the box room.

Make the damn place hold 40 omni / 40 clan and I betcha there will be alot more of us there. I'de even make it 150+ too.
    Lord "Devildawg"
    Loyal Veteran of Legion

The Fixer
    The MA

Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here.

ohhh, and im kinda drunk right no so if thats kinda incoherent thats why
    Lord "Devildawg"
    Loyal Veteran of Legion

The Fixer
    The MA

Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here.

"Ideally", those who already have the drop should not enter.

But. They are there too. They did contribute as much as anybody else. This alone should be justification enough for them to enter for any raffle.

Yes, luck is involved in raffles. But it's fair. At least, it gives those no in uber big guild a chance. And it keeps Omnis united.

Take the dragon body mentioned earlier for example. A fella who had won one before might want to try for it again, coz he/she could use it to trade for other dragon parts (or other high value items).

Everyone who did their part, whether defending the box, or in the kill team deserves a chance to win something. Even if they already have won a similar item before.

It has been pretty hard to get everyone together and rally. Missing people like Spyderv and Skymarshal to organize everyone it gets tough. Plus with the holiday seasons and lots of traveling going on, it has been even harder.

Things will pick up again. Just give it some time...
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Plz dont flame me..

Last night i won a Robust Backpack. Its a good item, i need it of course. But 1 item will not make me uber.
    I also need GoC, ELLTS 15% and i prefer hold my HPO..
    And now people said me if i sell it i will banned from Acambot.
    Just a question. Why ?
    I have do around 50 raids on Tarasque, and its the first time i won anything. I win it honestly, after 5h of raid.
    Say me why i cant sell it?
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Robust Backpack and Padded over coat should be one of the few items that can be sold. Having these itmes don't realy made much difference to your setup unlike the dragon body for MA users and the GPH for casters.

Originally posted by Ashuras
    But. They are there too. They did contribute as much as anybody else. This alone should be justification enough for them to enter for any raffle.
    IF only that was the case. When there is a fight going on you can see those that actualy contribute. By contribute I don't mean the best PvPers. I mean the ppl that are there no matter what. Always rush when the raid leaders says charge, pull back when they are told to.

Turning up, sitting arround and basicaly go afk, hanging at the back, standing in 100% when theres a rush on isn't justification to be able to enter raffles.

To win Camelot it requires hard work, team work plus numbers. I don't have a problem with ppl getting rewarded for that. But it shouldn't be at the expence of other people who have worked equaly hard and could actuatly use that item and use it well.

Originally posted by KasDan

IF only that was the case. When there is a fight going on you can see those that actualy contribute. By contribute I don't mean the best PvPers. I mean the ppl that are there no matter what. Always rush when the raid leaders says charge, pull back when they are told to.

Turning up, sitting arround and basicaly go afk, hanging at the back, standing in 100% when theres a rush on isn't justification to be able to enter raffles.

To win Camelot it requires hard work, team work plus numbers. I don't have a problem with ppl getting rewarded for that. But it shouldn't be at the expence of other people who have worked equaly hard and could actuatly use that item and use it well.
    Ah.. I see your point now. Didn't know there were such people
    The few times I was there... I was like charging and dying all the time :P Tot everybody else was doing the same

BUt.. hmm... even so.. hehe.. perhaps they contribute by... not allowing the clanners to zone into the GS ?

Originally posted by Valoren
    If she was there spending her time helping, and she won it fair. I don't see the problem.
    Need before greed is usually a noble thought. Too bad it rarely pays off, since the majority of the population are greedy s.o.b's

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by devildawg
    Make the damn place hold 40 omni / 40 clan and I betcha there will be alot more of us there. I'de even make it 150+ too.
    40 omni, 40 clan...sure. but how about,

40 omni, 40 clan for an even fight, and 12-18 neut so one side can make neutral friends and up their ranks a bit. Sounds life fun to me.

As for level lock, lock it at the current PvP free for all level. What is that now, 120?

And make team sides work in PvP.

Hmm, I think that's all I have to rant about.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

I really dislike omnis who dont fight and enter in the raffle. I am sick of those people who only come when theres no fighting or join when all the clanners have died. When people join acambot, they shouldnt be told who got box or who is wining. Come there and see for yourself! I understand that its not everyone who can handle heavy laggy fight but atleast they should come and try, I dont care if they are forced to run away, atleast they are trying. Once the GS is cleared of clanners(atleast more than 7) the registration should be closed so only the people who fought can win. When the GS is empty and theres no clanner at all, I dont really care who win the loot. But when people have to fight for the box, it shouldnt be a lottery.

I agree Insida but the problem is people looking chat during mission, implant etc. and register when they see the registration is open . Its impossible for admin to know who is in the GS when fight commencing...
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer