Thread: New Nanoformula Skill Requirements are BROKEN

New Nanoformula Skill Requirements are BROKEN

ql 154 Agent root breaking nano. 819 PM, 819 TS. Effectively uncastable as a lvl 174 NM agent (without gimping yourself) with all the right toys and fully implanted. (When you need to cast these things, you shouldn't have to beg for mochs or switch out a variety of buffing devices).

ql 166 Agent root breaking nano. 859 PM, 859 TS.

ql 200 Agent root breaking nano. 960 PM, 960 TS. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

ql 239 MP pet buff (existing nano used for comparison). 874 BM, 874 MC, 874 TS.

The ql 239 MP nano has reqs only 15 points above the ql 166 Agent nano and 86 points BELOW the ql200 Agent nano? Let that sink in, a ql200 nano with reqs EIGHTY-SIX points (21.5 uncapped levels of nanoskills) above a ql239 nano?

Also, the Agent nano requires 655 nano to cast? That is absurd.

Have not looked at other professions, but imagine their new nanos are broken also. Were we supposed to run around with mochs to cast these at the appropriate level? The person who modeled these numbers is either lazy, incompetent or absent. A mistake is a mistake, but fouling up a whole batch of new nanos introduced into the game, supposedly for balance, is inexcusable.

This is obviously broken. Fix please, and resist the urge to spout out "Shadowlands! Shadowlands!" trolls, these new nanos should be fixed now.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Dec 20th, 2002 at 17:35:50.

indeed.

the root breaker nanos of every class are broken.

the reqs are absurd, the nanocost prohibitive, the casting time long.

i could understand root breakers that cost casting time and nano roughly double to roots of the same level but the breakers in game are a joke.

i have so far been to lazy to look it up but i think only the crat has both snare and root breakers he can cast on others.

even if not, roots are effectively unbreakable in pvp and a huge pain in pvm.

root breaker stims with their tiny effects are a joke as well.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

you probably know this but you can "chain" use the stims and virus scanners every few seconds. IMO, they actually work pretty well. In PvP yesterday, got a 3 minute drain down to about 25 sec with the virus scanner (used it 3 times) and that included digging it out of my backpack.

BUT FIX THE DAMN NANOS and start looking at the things you put in the game or I am going to put some equally insane reqs on FC's casting of "$12 cash purge" every month on my wallet.

The thing to keep in mind here, as much as it SUCKS, and FC's choice to do it thjis way is 100% TERRIBLE, all new nanos are figured out based on the skill system that will be in Shadowlands. Even though Shadowlands isnt even out. Hence the insane requirements. Cause there will be alot more nano boosting items and stuff in Shadowlands.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I have to disagree Turin, a new ql154 nano should not have the same reqs as an existing ql200 nano regardless of Shadowlands. Also, there is no reason whatsoever that a nano that reduces the duration of a root by 50-70% (you will be dead anyway as you are chain rooted) should require 960, that's 9-6-0 nanoskills. It was a mistake on FC's part and needs fixing.

EDIT: For reference, I imagine an instacast rootBREAKING nano might have very high nano reqs, but not even that should have 960. For 960 Nanoskills I expect to raise the dead or some such.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 20:45:59.

Same with all the new NT root breakers...the reqs are severly out of place. Really easy to see if you view the entire list sorted by QL...
    .: Naraya :.

Who gives a rats ass about Shadowlands. Do you think FC will still exist as a company on the current track they are rolling down.

Originally posted by Sheffy
    Was that a question.
    Was that one?
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

rofl, you guys have it easy

At least you don't have a nano that needs 1047 MC/TS/MM.

~Chris

Will FunCom be around?

I think so. I am new so they just made some money here.

And well I brought friends along with me so there is some more money.

Staying in the MMORPG is about churn. Keeping the clients you have happy, and bringing in new ones.

No they won't keep everyone happy thats a given, but most of the players I believe are happy, and intend to be around a while.

I know I do.

So I believe FunCom has quite a while to straighten things out, AO has come a long way over the year it has been running.

And I have to say to those of you still around from Day 1... thank you. Thank you for not giving up on AO and realizing that FunCom would get it together... If you hadn't well I wouldn't have been able to play it now, and that would be a damn shame for myself and all the others that are just now arriving to Rubi-Ka.

As for breaken Requirements, if these are put in for the ShadowLands expansion, and not just usual play then I believe they should take a look at holding the release of new nanos in this manner... obviously it will anger those out there crunching the numbers
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

I want to make a derivative whine here as well. If there are going to be some uber nanoskill boosts in Shadowlands, what is the point in playing a NM? If I see troxes running around with 12,000 hp and able to cast the same level of the pre-Shadowland nanos as I can because of uber nanoskill boosts in Shadowlands, that is going to suck for all NM players. Oh but wait, we have 7000 nano... pffft.