Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally lame

It's a bug. Needs to be fixed asap.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Originally posted by Morelian
    Arsiine gets kudos for putting that tower down.

He didn't get the tower up until after the 20 minute period had expired.

As I understand it the winning party can put up a party immedietely.
    That's just it, it did not work.

Legion was first guild, Legion used a Shield Disabler.

I was the person to put the new controller down. It said...

"area is not in a state of peace" for 20 minutes.

it's broken. he gets no kudos from me sorry. it was luck of the draw... go figure... at least clan lost some credits

Val

Whoever knocked the tower down (used shield disabler) should have been able to put up a new controller immediately to my understanding. But, you all know cases where a controller/tower complex has been destroyed, and nobdy present has a controller on them of the right level.

So my understanding is that Legion had first dibs on that patch of ground for 20 minutes, and that after that it is free for all.

Even if it was a bug, Arsiine gets kudos from me for sticking around after everyone else had left, and what he didn't can't be considered an exploit, as the clan there were all discussing what to do if omni didn't place a controller up immedietly. We figured maybe none of you guys had a controller on them.

Noer did you guys petition to see what Funcom had to say about it? Cause same thing could happen to us :P
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Just a question.. Did anyone use that "exploit" with pets, so that no attack message is sent to the org? If so, then maybe this also messes up the placing rights? Even if not intentional, I'm sure it is easy that a pet owner issued a /pet attack before anyone else had time to engage maybe?

I'm not accusing Legion of abusing this exploit, but I know that certain other omni guilds have done this in the past. (and probably also clan guilds) Just posting it as another possible reason for the problems people were seeing.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

I'm not accusing Legion of abusing this exploit, but I know that certain other omni guilds have done this in the past. (and probably also clan guilds) Just posting it as another possible reason for the problems people were seeing.
    Rest assured that some clans are doing it aswell. Has happened to us more times than I can count.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Just a question.. Did anyone use that "exploit" with pets, so that no attack message is sent to the org? If so, then maybe this also messes up the placing rights? Even if not intentional, I'm sure it is easy that a pet owner issued a /pet attack before anyone else had time to engage maybe?

The info in the XML I linked to are pulled from text send to leader-channel. So people were warned and you can thereby rule out exploiting.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Noer
    Legion was the first org to initiate attack followed by HYDRA a few seconds after.

You can confirm that at: http://www.xyberviri.net/lc_atlantean.xml

So yet again this **** is bugged..... GG

And yes - shield disablers was used.
    Question for ya because I am unclear if this matters. Was the shield disabler used on the controller itself? In instances where we have been able to place immediately, we used shield disabler on the controller and we were first guild to attack.
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

Originally posted by Warboc

Question for ya because I am unclear if this matters. Was the shield disabler used on the controller itself? In instances where we have been able to place immediately, we used shield disabler on the controller and we were first guild to attack.
    yes................
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Angry

Originally posted by Noer

yes................
    Bleh! Takes a lot of effort and coordination to get such raids done too. Just another failure for NW. :/
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

Ugh. I thought I was stealing a control zone due to your(legion's) incompitance. Sadly, we now know who the culprit is. If someone doesn't use an enabler they they deserve to lose the area. If someone does use an enabler then they deserve the land.

funcom is so incompetent
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Yesterday some lowbie guilds attacked our ql75 base, we couldn't do much and most of us was too lazy to log in our alts so we just stood there and watched (and threathen them that it wasn't a very good idea if they wanted to ever own a ql150 base ) when base was down it looked like noone of them could place, but we could place right away with alt guild...

They used a pet, that was green to a lvl 200, but that I couldn't attack, could have been that, but there was 3 diffrent guilds..

and why could we place right away, we didn't wait 20 min...

Bug Bug Bug
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Yea thats what spidv and guild did to our tower pets... The Exploit wars are so Lame
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

and it happens again, we disable, we init, it dies, and we cant place a base, gg funcom releasing a half ass non working cd key in a box
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

atleast the tower did Boom! and the clanners went to reclaim! I think we got Pomy more than 5 times. Thats my highest record hehe..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12