Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally lame

Totally lame

Ok we destroyed a ql 200 base tonight that was clan. We had 25 towers ready to place and a ql 200 control tower. The person that was gonna place the control tower was spammming to place it, but we were beat out by a different clan organization then the 1 we destroyed. This has to be changed. Theres no way another clan org should be able to place a control tower before an Omni org, when it was a clan base that was destroyed.

When a sides base is destroyed, ie clan/omni, whatever side killed the base should get emphasis to place a control tower. Yes the defeated org cant place a control tower for 1 hour, this needs to be changed to Clan/Omni as well.

With all do respect, if you conduct your attack properly then you can place IMMEDIATELY upon the defender's controller being destroyed.

I thought this was common knowledge. :/
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

dunno about that, it may be bugged. we took a base a few days back, started the fight with a sheild disabler, got the message we started the fight, then took the base down after about 30-45 min. Then when we tried to build a tower we could not. In fact we had to wait about 20 min before we could getting the error "the land is not at peace".

no its not commen knowledge, Funcom failed to provide any documentation with Notum Wars. Its more of a "learn as you go" process. Plz fill me in Warboc. And if youre talkign about a shield Disabler, we used 1. We had 8 of us petition, and just liek we all know Funcom Support, none of us got a response within 20 minutes.

Originally posted by Spyder
    no its not commen knowledge, Funcom failed to provide any documentation with Notum Wars. Its more of a "learn as you go" process. Plz fill me in Warboc. And if youre talkign about a shield Disabler, we used 1. We had 8 of us petition, and just liek we all know Funcom Support, none of us got a response within 20 minutes.
    Yep, definitely what I was talking about. You have every right to be ticked off then.

Edit: Have taken two bases and placed controller immediately. Both times used shield disabler on the controller itself. I do not know if it matters which structure it is used on.
    Last edited by Aulis; Dec 20th, 2002 at 07:02:00.
    Warboc - 218 Adv
    President of Defiance

Tradeskillz has some fast clickers
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

The winning organization can place the Control tower after 20 min.

Remember that the winning Org is the organization that got aggro first from towers..

The "winning" organization can place a tower right away, other organizations can place after 20 min.

The "winning" organization is the one that you first get attack message from in All Towers chat.

That's how it have worked at all tower raids I have been in.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

spider kinda like attacking scions while no one was on... that kinda lame... sorry no sympathy for you at all...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

That's just it though.... a few times now NO one has seen any msg from the towers saying XXX attacked YYY tower.

Without that spam msg it's 20min for all parties and becomes a click fest =(
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

its even more funny, if your not fast enough even orgs from enemy faction can place a controller in the moment the old one is destroyed (just keep distance to the attackers and let them destroy your controller, place new one). happend 2 times on rk2 now, after omni destroyed a clan base clanners build up a new controller to keep the base safe. and as always gms do nothing about it.

exploit wars ?

only way to prevent this **** is : only members of one org attack towers (disable shield,kill towers/turrets), rest kills enemys but do not touch towers. the rules how Azzazzimon wrote here dont work if a mix of orgs hitting towers.

Originally posted by AkodoReign
    spider kinda like attacking scions while no one was on... that kinda lame... sorry no sympathy for you at all...
    ya, thats LAME!!!
    He should clearly have waited till you where all awake and the base where 100%

Originally posted by Vyker
    That's just it though.... a few times now NO one has seen any msg from the towers saying XXX attacked YYY tower.

Without that spam msg it's 20min for all parties and becomes a click fest =(
    this is the same thing we lost our 200 base to.. no one got the message we were being attacked and spider was in on the action (thus my contempt). It was by pure chance we were able to defend it the first day.. someone went out to place towers..

Oh if you wat screenshots go to the main page of anarchy-online.com and look at the notum wars screen shots... That was our Base in DAv being attacked by spider and company...

no message/croud control/Funcom = Exploit wars...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

no we had no messages our bases were under attack. we had petitioned and petitioned about it day after day for the first week. Thats what I meant... If the president wasn't on no one even knew we were being attacked...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Originally posted by Calox

only way to prevent this **** is : only members of one org attack towers (disable shield,kill towers/turrets), rest kills enemys but do not touch towers. the rules how Azzazzimon wrote here dont work if a mix of orgs hitting towers.
    The rules have worked when 8 diffrent orgs attacked towers and it was posted in All Tower chat that all those 8 attacked, the first guild that was posted to attack could place right away.
    And also several other times when more than 1 org have attacked.

I don't say it work every time or that you all are wrong, but this is how it have worked when I have been there, there are probably some bugs there tho that FC need to fix and make it so it always work like that.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Legion was the first org to initiate attack followed by HYDRA a few seconds after.

You can confirm that at: http://www.xyberviri.net/lc_atlantean.xml

So yet again this **** is bugged..... GG

And yes - shield disablers was used.
    Last edited by Noer; Dec 20th, 2002 at 12:24:08.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Arsiine gets kudos for putting that tower down.

He didn't get the tower up until after the 20 minute period had expired.

As I understand it the winning party can put up a controller immedietely.
    Last edited by Morelian; Dec 20th, 2002 at 21:04:20.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

hmm maybe that was the reason we had to wait 20 min, we initiated the attack and about 5 min into the attack another org that had the same plan as us showed up, and they decided to help out, being all buffed up with no place to go.

Still the 20 min wait was kind of annoying.

Originally posted by AkodoReign
    no message/croud control/Funcom = Exploit wars...
    I think rather that the name is Buggy Wars. This isn't an exploit, unless the other party is actually doing something to purposefully prevent a message from going out.

Blame Funcom, not the people who simply attacked the base.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast