Thread: Think of it this way.

Think of it this way.

/opinion

Reguardless of a new patch, what's next, or who / what gets "love", it comes down to this. You all stay here because this is the BEST game there is. I have a nice machine (nothing uber, GF4, Ath1.47...), I have a nice connection (ADSL). I left a short while ago, when it WAS too bad for me to handle. I canceled my account, my wife's, and my guest account (used for ploying friends into playing AO with me). Yes, I got tired of bugs, and FC saying "We can't do it, now go play.". Point is I came back after a couple months. In this time I played AC2 (fun for a few minutes then you get bored of mining for ores), DAOC (great but it takes you about 6 hours to get to level 5 ((I'm sure it can be done faster powergamers )) and you really get sick of lag WAY faster then here. Tried EQ... one comment... "HEHE... no.". All Im saying is that if you cant find something more constructive other then complain, complain, complain then I suggest you go take a few months off of AO, try a few games, then come on home. I kept somewhat up to date on the forwarding of the storyline and it seemed "ok". I wasnt too impressed untill I saw a list of bugfixes in a patch. My wife was the first to log back in... she saw a few changes to Tir (no more ICC, alot more spray paint), but more importantly she saw a GM, who walked up to her and asked if there was anything she could do to help. Now, I know this dosent happen all the time, but it might happen more often to you all if you were accually in game talking to these people rather then sitting in front of the forums either A:Complaining about how you want "love", B: Complaining about how "buggy" it is, or C: Cutting down someone for their opinion. I have seen several postings on IDEAS, some good, some lame. I believe that it is funcom's job to decide what people want by whatever means they do (granted some of this info comes from the forum). Im not saying "Don't ask Funcom for anything.", however I AM asking you all to be a bit more constructive about it. Remember when you were about 12 and your mom kept nagging you? You tuned her out, same as I'm sure half of Funcom does. Try giving these people props for trying to make a good game. One that has kept your attention long enough to visit their forums.

/opinion

Exactly, what he said...

I have spent some time away from the game as well and come back home. There is much to be fixed about Ao but there is also a lot of magic in the game. Go out and do something besides pvp or bs missions and you'll find a whole world out there even if it doesn't all give you uber loot and xp.

Also, negetivity breeds negetivity till we start actually believing that this is the worst torture of our lives playing the game that we all love (if we didn't we would just quit and not bother to complain).

Please keep posts constructive if not positive.

Also remember that any new players reading the forums or listening in to ooc about how terrible the game is may just decide it's true and leave the game. Without new players the game will die. If the game dies your uber leet characters you have spent months developing will be on a hard drive in a computer recycling center.

Nerf hope!

Nerf optimism!

And /bump!
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Re: Think of it this way.

lag needs to be reduced... and there are some other things that are broken, but all in all this is definately the best online game that i've ever played...

and, i'll agree. the coolest things about ao are the things outside of the towns... out in the wilderness, it sounds odd, but i find genuine beauty... it's like a painting that you can explore... and discovery is much better than missions any day... what's more, there's usually almost no lag. and there's nothing like being someplace really cool for the first time, someplace that you found on your own.

this is a GREAT game, just keep the improvements coming, FC. =)

Screw the lag, Ruken's back!

Welcome back, man!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.