Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Present You Can Give Players

Thumbs up The Best Present You Can Give Players

Put the PPPE(soft/hard) in shop please
    Price it from 5-20 milion so almost everyone can afford it.
    Personally, i do not mind if they sell it for 50+ mils just as long as they put it in shop. But i am not a selfish person therefor i would love to see it at 2-20 mils so pretty much anyone who invest ips into their trade skills should be able to get as least one of them pppe.
    Thanks FC

Best present i could think of are new/more ipreset points.

u also see the error of funcoms ways

tradeskill items should be such

do not make them rare drops that only drop off boss mobs of certain ql missions

its fine for items like ga and such cuz those are special where as pppe is needed to be a tradeskiller
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Bah! Keep it rare. Whenever tradeskills are relatively simple to accomplish, tradeskillers become ubiquitous. The harder it is to become a high-end tradeskiller, the better the reward for making the journey.

If they put it in Shops, they better make the process QL dependent on the MRR tool and only sell them up to QL125. But even that's too easy in my opinion.

Originally posted by Curmudgeon
    Bah! Keep it rare. Whenever tradeskills are relatively simple to accomplish, tradeskillers become ubiquitous. The harder it is to become a high-end tradeskiller, the better the reward for making the journey.

If they put it in Shops, they better make the process QL dependent on the MRR tool and only sell them up to QL125. But even that's too easy in my opinion.
    Sounds to me like you are a trade skiller and just dont want your precious buisness hurt. boo-hoo. to sad for you. I hope they put it in shops and people who charge the outrageous price's for making armor all get screwed.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I hope they give IC to everyone so Docs who charge for it get screwed.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    I hope they give IC to everyone so Docs who charge for it get screwed.
    I hope they give it to everyone too, so Docs who don't charge for it won't have any more drooling ingrates cursing at them over /tell for not wanting to leave their team in order to buff them in return for not even a thank-you.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    I hope they give it to everyone too, so Docs who don't charge for it won't have any more drooling ingrates cursing at them over /tell for not wanting to leave their team in order to buff them in return for not even a thank-you.
    I know someone with that exact problem, however somehow those asking are willing to wait for her to come out of her mission once it is finished. My GF is sweet enough that people will wait for her. There are asses there of course, but still, most are willing to wait a bit while doing other things.

Why not make all buffs available to all players, just make them dual reqqed? Have the low reqs for the original profession and the high reqs for the fakers who want it too at higher cost? Oh wait... that's more or less making everyone an agent isn't it?
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Heh, my point was more along the lines of "Most people will just buff you if you're nice, but if they can't (ie, if it's a team buff and they're teamed) then you shouldn't be rude to them about it."

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Okay, sorry if it came across a bit harsh or anything. But my GF either drops from team (unless teamlevel is high from teaming a lot) or the one in need of the buff is invited into the team for a few secs (given there are 5 in team of course). People know this and accept this. Well, the higher level players do anyway. Every now and then someone who got into the game and leveled his/her way to 100 in a week (they are out there, they really are... level 100 people that do NOT know how to upload a mission...) do get annoying. They're rare though.

Being MP is nice too... However I do find that those having crossed over from Atlantean to Rimor open a trade screen with more ease than original Rimorians. Rimor has always been a little less money driven. I remember myself from the time I played there that I had to pay for essence. I was an enforcer then and needed an essence one step higher for putting on a piece of armor. It would have cost me 10k creds. So I just thanks and leveled twice and cast it on myself. On Rimor it's not needed, but one does get asked for masteries (just a few levels and imps away from infuses... ah wait... the cap is ehre of course...) more than a little often...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

I think Jynne is saying people will /tell her while she's in a mission and get pissed that she won't truck back to town to buff them.

I won't even drop team to give out an NCU buff, unless it's a friend or someone around my level. Greys get told to find someone their own level.

Heh... Jynne, at least you aren't a big blue buff target.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

my level 3 needs ncu to twink. hop too it grumpy smurf. shoosh shoosh, get going you.
    Last edited by Thyrra; Dec 20th, 2002 at 19:58:10.

Biomech is almost as bad as the smurfy suit, Dharin

Though I do think it's funny when people run up to a biomech NT or adventurer or non-doctor, asking for SFA

Originally posted by Turin
    Sounds to me like you are a trade skiller and just dont want your precious buisness hurt. boo-hoo. to sad for you.
    Actually, I'm NOT a tradeskiller. But if they make it too easy, I WILL have a tradeskilling alt. And so will everyone else. And being a tradeskiller will be worthless, cause everyone will have one, or know someone that has one.

Bottom line. If tradeskills are HARD, then they are cool and useful for those who put in the effort. And FunCom can make the resulting items reasonably powerful.

If tradeskills are EASY then they aren't worth doing, becuase there will be too many people doing it. If you don't believe me, that's your prerogative. But I'm sure FunCom has seen it on other games like EQ, and that's why they've made it difficult.

Making tradeskills hard is fine with me, but I'd love to see much more tradeskill content put in. Especially if it was fun things (maybe social clothing), I'd like to see a lot more tradeskill items.

I'd like it if I could fish...even if it was with a grenade.
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

i am confuse curm do u think just cuz u make a trader that u will instantly have the skills to make ql 200 armor even if u do up only base skills and tradeskill that the tradeskill wont cap like regular skills what is your problem with letting the ppl who work hard to get there tradeskiller up to a decent lvl to make the items get what they need
    is there some strange trick i dont know about how u gonna make a tradeskill alt that soon as u step out of the backyard youll be makin ql 200 carb and bronto armor if so let me know

this isnt a question of the market making items vital to tradeskills rare and 80-90mil in creds is just a oxymoron u want ppl to do tradeskill but u make a vital part damn near impossible to get doesnt make since to me or 95% of the other ppl who dont have the money to get pppe

if u ask me only tradeskiller twinks and this should not go on
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Argh, please include atleast one '.' or ','
    oki ??
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Originally posted by Curmudgeon

Actually, I'm NOT a tradeskiller. But if they make it too easy, I WILL have a tradeskilling alt. And so will everyone else. And being a tradeskiller will be worthless, cause everyone will have one, or know someone that has one.

Bottom line. If tradeskills are HARD, then they are cool and useful for those who put in the effort. And FunCom can make the resulting items reasonably powerful.

If tradeskills are EASY then they aren't worth doing, becuase there will be too many people doing it. If you don't believe me, that's your prerogative. But I'm sure FunCom has seen it on other games like EQ, and that's why they've made it difficult.
    Hard is fine, or moderatley difficult. But, it shouldnt require WEEKS of mission blitzing in futility until you get so sick of it, that you give up in disgust.

And yes, this is how it worked out for me trying to get a PPPE for our guild trade skiller.

Many others have this same story.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

I had problem finding my PPPEs, but i don't think it should sell in shop...

If anyone can make tradeskills with money, buy every piece in shop... Then why does tradeskills exist ?
    Why don't mantis/carbonum/bronto/dragon armors aren't shoppable (i want a dragon body for 10M in shops !!! ) ?

Tradeskills exist and have interest because it's a part of AO economics. I agree that the price of PPPEs has gone really high (that's about 100M each on now i think...), so, make them drop twice/trice more... but please, don't speak about making them buyable in stores

As people spend time at tarasque for loots, so tradeskillers do for their stuff

And yes, tradeskills are business, and that's also the only way for engis to earn money.
    Every prof has it's own way to make money... If you want to kill engis business, then make them able to cast mochams, SFA, maestros and essence...

I don't think i practice insane prices, as i do almost everything for tips but as i need to pay for some buffs i don't think it's a pain to be paid for my skills
    Arlister, Suprem Creator.
    Unit-Leader Ancarim Iron Legion.

I'd rather have an porsche.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast