Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Move the Nophex.... :(

Please Move the Nophex.... :(

FC:

As you can see by a thread already started by myself in the soldier Forum, lots of soldiers are in agreement that the Nophex should be moved to a different mob to be dropped, or added to boss loot table. The Nophex is probably the best weapon to bridge the Gap between level 125(about) and 175 when you can first equip the Boosted Hellspinner. Our 2 mainstays, the Division 9 plasma Projector and Nova Flow MkIV just can't put out the numbers to match the Nophex, it is definately a better rounded weapon! Currently the Nophex drops off the Notum soldier a QL260 mob, and doesnt even have a 100% drop rate! this gun is obvioulsy aimed towards soldiers under 175, thus why does it take a small act of god or a tactical nuke to kill what drops it?? I am sure i will get more peopls agreeing with me here, and probably even more people Flaming me, but i have never been one to not speak out on what i believe in!

btw.... Small tactical nuke would be a nice addition also

Please move Nophex to a different mob, it isn't like it's some kind of amazingly godly weapon that will completely throw off the balance of the game if more people have it..

Bump
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

what can i say?

BUMP ^^
    Crackasama RK2 Soldier
    Crackasan RK2 MA
    Proud General of Alpha Omega
    Clan for life!!!

agree/bump
    Prplstyle
    Prpl Another one of the many struggling soldiers out there...
    Aslayerem New main

As you can see by a thread already started by myself in the soldier Forum, lots of soldiers are in agreement that the Nophex should be moved to a different mob to be dropped, or added to boss loot table. The Nophex is probably the best weapon to bridge the Gap between level 125(about) and 175 when you can first equip the Boosted Hellspinner. Our 2 mainstays, the Division 9 plasma Projector and Nova Flow MkIV just can't put out the numbers to match the Nophex, it is definately a better rounded weapon! Currently the Nophex drops off the Notum soldier a QL260 mob, and doesnt even have a 100% drop rate! this gun is obvioulsy aimed towards soldiers under 175, thus why does it take a small act of god or a tactical nuke to kill what drops it?? I am sure i will get more peopls agreeing with me here, and probably even more people Flaming me, but i have never been one to not speak out on what i believe in!
    While you at it Funcom, why don't you make Resonance Blast drop randomly from leets, lets say 10% chance. Why does it have to be on Special Agent Lamb?

Sorry could not resist /sarcasm off

None of the professions have their "uber" stuff dropping from easier mobs...I don't see why Nophex should be any different for sodiers than Nullity Sphere MKII or GA MKIV are for NTs and Fixers, respectively.
    Last edited by North; Dec 20th, 2002 at 13:26:19.

Originally posted by North

While you at it Funcom, why don't you make Resonance Blast drop randomly from leets, lets say 10% chance. Why does it have to be on Special Agent Lamb?

Sorry could not resist /sarcasm off

None of the professions have their "uber" stuff dropping from easier mobs...I don't see why Nophex should be any different for sodiers than Nullity Sphere MKII or GA MKIV are for NTs and Fixers, respectively.
    Resonance Blast, NS2, GAIV, etc. = Uber items.

Nophex is not a crazy uber item. Your point is completely moot.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

you poor confused soul

it almost made me laugh out loud to hear you compare the nophex and the GAIV. it occured to me that maybe you have no idea what you're talking about. these are the stats for the nophex. as you can see it pales in comparison to all of the items you listed. yes it has the +2% xp bonus however so does the junior reet crossbow which drops as boss loot on every other team mission i do. the nophex is not an uber/superleet item. there is no reason it shouldn't be mission reward. if you can roll a ql200 X3(which is capable of doing far more damage and infinately easier to get) or the crossbow i mentioned above, then it is completely feasible to make the nophex II a mission reward-type item. come on people, look at the stats, this is ridiculous.
    Crackasama RK2 Soldier
    Crackasan RK2 MA
    Proud General of Alpha Omega
    Clan for life!!!

Re: you poor confused soul

if you can roll a ql200 X3

Check your facts, soldier.
    The X-3 isn't, nor was it ever, rollable mission reward. It's boss mob loot and not a regular drop either.

Not saying anything on the Nophex, as I know nothing about it or where it comes from.
    Just keeping the record straight.
    You want a missionable weapon to compare it to, this would be closer to the mark.

As a base rule tho'... standard weapons introduced for variation or balancing should never be put on uber mobs.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

I know what Crack Meant

Crack and i had this discussion last night, i know he meant the X-3 was normal boss loot......

X-3 has the capability of performing a 10k shot, the Nophex doesn't even have that, and it is normal boss loot.

1-500(500)
    Burst
    fling

is by far not unbalancing, there is not good reason for it to be put on a super mob and not even be 100% drop!

C'mon FC give the soldiers under 175 a little love and move that gun!

/agree... isn't that good heh

~Chris

heh... somehow I kinda expected North to be in this thread whining about how soldiers shouldn't get this cause nt's have it so bad. why do you hate us so much north? Must you go out of your way to try to screw over soldiers?

Anyways I agree with this post, the nophex should be boss loot, or a tradeskill gun that a reasonably powerfull tradeskill eng/trader can make without too much trouble. Or a quest a lvl 150ish soldier has a reasonable chance at SOLOING. It might as well not even be in the game as things stand now .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Thanks everyone

Thanks all of you for your constructive points in this thread ( well except for that one).

But lets keep it going, i don't plan on letting this issue die, and anyone who knows me, knows i can be damn stubborn

Bump bump bump for some soldier love!!!!

This is the Agent rifle that should be compared to the Nophex

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=203574&t=ag

Drops off QL250 NPC as well.

Lokgen RK2

Talking

Hey North I got a Nophex, wanna open the bidding at 200M for us?

Want to make a direct comparison how about Nophex VS Manex?

Too late for me to use but bump for the post because using the same gun for 65 levels is quite boring.

Nophex is not a crazy uber item. Your point is completely moot.
    I could tell you the same thing about many other items in the game. Still they drop from the hardest mobs.

it almost made me laugh out loud to hear you compare the nophex and the GAIV. it occured to me that maybe you have no idea what you're talking about. these are the stats for the nophex. as you can see it pales in comparison to all of the items you listed. yes it has the +2% xp bonus however so does the junior reet crossbow which drops as boss loot on every other team mission i do. the nophex is not an uber/superleet item. there is no reason it shouldn't be mission reward. if you can roll a ql200 X3(which is capable of doing far more damage and infinately easier to get) or the crossbow i mentioned above, then it is completely feasible to make the nophex II a mission reward-type item. come on people, look at the stats, this is ridiculous.
    I am not looking at the stats, but actually looted one of from Notum Soldier and gave to a friend. Seen it in action quite a few times. Its pretty nice weapon and keep in mind that most high level soldiers can nicely hotswap their weapons depending on situation.

And yes, in usability I would compare it to NS MKII and new NT nukes, which are all very hard to obtain.

& Which I thank you for Gail, but still as they said Nophex isn't that uber, its ok, but still 2 slow to use scope and in pvp.. wouldnt consider using it, with fury and spinner in inv..

Compared to res blast, and ga4.. its nothing

Bump though the gun with the current stats should be mission loot, altho would be nice give those who already got 1 some kind of advantage boosted nophex? heh..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Boosted nophex which fires fast enough to go full defensive with *drool* lol.

Anyways North, we'd like as soldiers to try to get funcom to maby move this one non uber item somewhere where we could have a chance at getting it. And you've come here to say it shouldn't happen because other items arn't easy to get. Why not just give us a bump and then perhaps start a thread requesting some item you want to be easier to obtain... and then maby you might get a few soldiers to give it a bump for you?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Srendi please, don't interject logic here.. it only infuriates people .

Lokgen
    Last edited by Lokgen; Dec 22nd, 2002 at 00:12:24.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast