Thread: Trash King Respawn needs fixed badly

Exclamation Trash King Respawn needs fixed badly

Today many people were stuck waiting for the Trash King to respawn. The Trash King Lackey was spawning like clockwork but after over six hours still no Trash King. Many of us do have a life besides AO and should not be forced into spending all of our free time waiting for a respawn. This is Anarch Online not Everquest!!
    I have heard that at one time the TK was forcibly spawned after four hours and that FC has since removed this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this was a major error on FC's part.

eternal camping

Just another thing to bring discontent to the playing community.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: eternal camping

Originally posted by Animosity
    Just another thing to bring discontent to the playing community.

Ani.
    That was a short strike.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=83116

*chuckle*
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Re: Re: eternal camping

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

That was a short strike.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=83116
    did i say i was giving up forums or gameplay?

Nah, whining is my favorite part of the game now.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Uh, as I understand it, the TK spawn is based on %ages over time.

Like, 10% chance to spawn every 20 minutes. So, after about 3 hours he would have to spawn in that scenario, because 100% chance to spawn is just that.

So if you were there to see him spawn and die, and thought that the timer was 3 hours, you could easily come back 3 hours later and wait 2 more, should you be unlucky. But that doesn't mean it's been 5 hours without a spawn I'm pretty sure that it works normally save for server crashes or zone crashes (Shire rarely goes down).

Besides, the lackeys are supposed to have a less than 20 minute respawn, so comparing the two won't help.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Re: Re: Re: eternal camping

Originally posted by Animosity

did i say i was giving up forums or gameplay?

Nah, whining is my favorite part of the game now.

Ani.
    I don't mean to harp on you for the way you have your thread worded. Just thought it was funny seeing "please note my absence" followed by your presense 40 minutes later.

I was there aswell, was horrible. I turned up about 5 hours in to give a friend a hand. Was a complete waste of mine and his time.

Regards,
    Cazza
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

I don't know if this is real or not, it could just be a fluke that happened half a dozen times in a row.. but..

I was camping the robot T.I.M. for his scope. I sat there for well over 4 hours, maybe 5 or more, and there was no sign of him. A few other people turned up and we were stood around outside chatting, when suddenly 'pop', theres T.I.M. We kill him, and the others want a scope too, so we decide to try waiting outside the room for him. What felt like less than 15 minutes went past and 'pop', theres T.I.M. Hmm, odd.. Wait outside again, less than 15 minutes, 'pop', theres T.I.M. He appeared 5 times in a row with a 15 minute gap between spawns, every time we waited outside the room. (He might have appeared more, I left after the fifth)

I don't know if this was coincidence, but after waiting so long inside the room and seeing nothing, then standing outside and seeing 5 in a row. It gets me thinking.

Perhaps keep everyone away from the spawn site and see if that speeds up spawning?

Think they should do the Place Holder thing also for TK. 30% chance to spawn TK when PH is killed or something.

TIM spawns every 20 minutes, IF the dungeon is empty. I think it was 3 hours, if you remain in dungeon. And that 20 minutes will reset everytime someone enters the dungeon. So the dungeon must be empty for a duration of 20 minutes.

Originally posted by North
    TIM spawns every 20 minutes, IF the dungeon is empty. I think it was 3 hours, if you remain in dungeon. And that 20 minutes will reset everytime someone enters the dungeon. So the dungeon must be empty for a duration of 20 minutes.
    We were only outside his room when he was spawning like that. I don't think its the whole dungeon that needs to be empty. Now I think back, we were waiting for Trash King to spawn for hours, for a friend of mine, and he never appeared. We moved back out of his area and lo' and behold, there he was. Maybe they have some sort of anti-camping code in AO?

It seems that they might have changed it...I have not done Foreman's for a while. It used to require everyone to log out for 20 minutes to get a quick spawn tho. Thanks for this updated infor. Have to go and test it.

God, do people read??

TIM is on a % based spawn. he has a chance to spawn every [set amount of time] and it increases the % of his likelyhood of actually spawning every [set amount of time]. See the example above of 10% every 20 minutes.

So your waiting a few hours (I highly doubt it was 4 or 5, it was probably 3 at most) for a spawn, and then his quick respawn afterwards - that is perfectly within the limits of the way TIM is supposed to work.

its NOT a bug.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'