Thread: what is left to play?

what is left to play?

FC

I cannot play my pet users because pet pathing is not reliable.

I cannot play my neuts because I cant get through Tir

I cannot play solo to any great satisfaction.

Basically, how about you just tell us what you want us to play, rather than making us figure it out the hard way.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

"I cannot play my neuts because I cant get through Tir"

This is not a game mechanic issue like the others you listed, it`s a story change.. I for once would acctually liked the story to develop more, and I like changes like this. Makes me feel I`m not living in a static world.
    Since I`m clan, I couldn`t really have said after the "peace" sort of ended earlier this year, that FC are screwing up my chances to visit Omni-1 since all the guards there now takes shots at me. I know you`re newtral and are supposed to be able to travel wherever you want, but when the story takes a twist like this, you can`t yell at FC to fix it, you need to take part in the STORY and try to change it that way... afterall it`s atleast supposed to be a RP game.

When that is said I propably should say that I`m not a heave RP myself, but maybe I should as Rubi-ka is getting more and more boring each day (ahh another day on rubi-ka, guess I`ll grab myself a few team missions and get some xp zzzz). Would be easier to RP too if FC added more story, like the sentinels taking over Tir, on a regular basis ATLEAST a few times a week.

Essentially they want you to do BS team missions till lvl 200 or simply gather a group of 30 for outdoor bosses and new quests.
    If you dont care about gear and xp, explore
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Heh.
    You want to know the funny thing?
    I did a pair of BS missions (QL 189) a couple nights ago with some guildies.

I got two levels. In the same time, hunting borgs or biles or medusas (though the group we had couldn't have handled meds), I would have made three levels.

People are going to BS missions, not because of greater xp, but because of inertia. They no longer even think of hunting for xp.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: what is left to play?

Originally posted by Animosity
    I cannot play my neuts because I cant get through Tir
    How, exactly, is Tir required to play a neut? This I do not understand, Abbot.
    --

Hmm, quite. The other two points are fair, pet pathing is still poor and soloing above about 90 is something you only do if you can find absolutely nothing else. Pity to spoil the effect with the remaining non-point.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

At 120, I can solo quite well, frankly. And I'm a doc. Sure, the XP doesn't come rolling in, but I'm making cash and getting tokens.
    --

Indeed, I meant in XP terms. or cash and tokens, soloingis often best.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Heh.
    You want to know the funny thing?
    I did a pair of BS missions (QL 189) a couple nights ago with some guildies.

I got two levels. In the same time, hunting borgs or biles or medusas (though the group we had couldn't have handled meds), I would have made three levels.

People are going to BS missions, not because of greater xp, but because of inertia. They no longer even think of hunting for xp.
    The last time I went hunting xp at the borgs, I fought for an hour then got the message:

Cyborg General hits you for 6994 FullAuto damage.
    Welcome to Reclaim!

Thats why I don't go outdoor hunting. You can spend a load of time getting great xp, then one shot kills you, regardless of how well you play.

At 171 I'll take my 1 million xp mission reward every 20 minutes
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Majikall

The last time I went hunting xp at the borgs, I fought for an hour then got the message:

Cyborg General hits you for 6994 FullAuto damage.
    Welcome to Reclaim!

Thats why I don't go outdoor hunting. You can spend a load of time getting great xp, then one shot kills you, regardless of how well you play.
    Yea well it adds a bit thrill to the game doesn`t it? Not that funny playing it safe all the time..

Originally posted by Thedo
    Yea well it adds a bit thrill to the game doesn`t it? Not that funny playing it safe all the time..
    Not really. I don't find the idea of having 3-4 hours of gameplay wasted by one shot particularly thrilling. Obviously you do. The thrill comes from multiple adds and having to deal with them all at the same time, people going low health and having to find cover, but somehow the team managing to pull through. Thats thrilling. Walking along and being hit for 7k damage isn't exciting for me.

Re: Re: what is left to play?

Originally posted by Kenlon

How, exactly, is Tir required to play a neut? This I do not understand, Abbot.
    At my level 90% of the missions I can pull are in old athen, or athen shire. I cannot yet use the grid to bypass the stop in tir where I was getting slaughtered. In frustration I left for 2 hours, came back later and was able to slip past. after a few hours doing mission and subway in athens, i tried to return home, but the guy with the gun was there in Tir and sped me back on my way to my last save point.

In answer to someone else about story development, Hmm, i can see your point, but if a story development seriously hampers someone's gameplay, one might want to ask if there was some other way the story could have been twisted so a specific group of players were not unduely affected.

I think maybe neuts need some love fc.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Try getting your missions somewhere else then - usually affects the plces you are sent to, and whilst Neuts have less terminals to choose from, there are still quite a few.

Originally posted by Majikall

Not really. I don't find the idea of having 3-4 hours of gameplay wasted by one shot particularly thrilling. Obviously you do. The thrill comes from multiple adds and having to deal with them all at the same time, people going low health and having to find cover, but somehow the team managing to pull through. Thats thrilling. Walking along and being hit for 7k damage isn't exciting for me.
    But your not dieing.....and obviously don't feel you will or you would not even do team missions. Whats so thrilling knowing you will not die?

I think I have died maybe once in the last 50 team missions. That's going agains RM's and ACE's. If I'm doing a string of team missions in BS and have earned 10 million XP and have 6 million more to go....I generally don't even save between missions......it's more of a waste of time since my chance of dying is very slim.

I really like to hunt, but hardly anyone hunts and the only way to get XP now is in BS. It's not so bad......kinda like doing a chore to I can do the stuff I really like.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter