Thread: This was Quite good I thought...

This was Quite good I thought...

At the event in Subula....It was a bug yes but, nevertheless it was amazing.

I was standing at the south gate and I look into the distance and saw a bright light, Ahhh... a sunrise....

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/Big1.jpg

...Haven't watched one in ages...Wait a second......It's day time already.... oh, two suns "heeh" I forgot...

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/Big2.jpg

(ooc- I thought it was FC or an event thing, like a big explosions to get rid of OT employees and machinery and evidence of dust brigade)
    ...Okay That is not a Sun.....My heart started pumping...Whats this? ...I got very scared....I back up a bit, Shouting at everyone if it was just me,....I had one too many Stims that day...

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/Big3.jpg

..Okay.........I ran, yes I admit it, even with all my hp and shields, I got crippled like a little girly and Ran, Waaaah..

OOC- Sorry I did not get a pic of me being Engulfed by it but, when I take a Screenie my comp freezes for 2/3 secs and i didnt want to miss what may have happened.

hehe

that is SOOOOOO cool! Heck maybe they should start throwing nukes just to keep us on our toes

What happened? Just a light effect? Everyone die?

You were attacked by Will of God for Infinate points of Holy damage
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    I guess someone pressed 1 on the holy voicemail :P

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

No its just hit the building and stopped.
    No pain, no deaths, but vewy vewy stwange.

You're in the news, Man!

Hehe you made it into the story site and the news spam feeds... Maybe it wasn't just a graphics glitch...

W00T!
    Did not expect that.
    Behold the power of the screenshot.
    Catching expoloits, proving people wrong and making headlines

Bow down to "screenshot"

It should not have been placed under Latest -STORY- Updates if it only was a graphic glitch or something unimportant

Well looks like it wasnt a graphical bug, if it was WTF?

But have you seen the Clan news channel?
    ^_^

glitch or no?

well something similar happened in athenshire back in the day
    used to come out over the beach area...

Who knows tho?

As I said I hope it ~is~ a nuke would make things more... interesting

Yeah, an Omni-tek n00k, HaHa!

maybe its a conspiracy between Clans,Omni and even Neutrals to kill you, just because the FEEL like it MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Meeee? NOooooooooooooo!
    EEP

Nice screen shots.

I saw something just like that in SWB very early in the game, and I've heard others speak of these "Balls of light".

A mystary?

Talking <sniff sniff>

hehe, he said BALLS..

I think it was a Snarf fart...

Frodus!

Same Thing Happened In Tir County

From Dr. April "Supergnat" Sotto:

I saw the same thing in Tir County, approximately 21:00 RST on 1/26/29476.

I had already read Cloudeh's account, so I wasn't terrified. I was annoyed. And admittedly, a little curious. And I had an advantage over the previous observers: I saw it from the air.

To elaborate on my earlier report, I was enroute from the west gate of Tir to the Crater Farms area, on a freelance law enforcement gig -- tracing stolen property. I was cruising at normal (QL36) airspeed in my Yalmaha, at an approximate altitude of 30 meters, on a bearing of roughly SSW.

As I approached the crater, I saw a bright yellow glow on the far side of it. I flew over the crater, and as I cleared the far wall, I could see more clearly. I got one camera shot, which I'll post if someone recommends a place to upload it. Here's what I saw:

Two bright yellow vertical disks, with feathered edges suggesting energy discharge, were sunk not quite halfway into the terrain, and moving towards my position rapidly. I am no good at estimated height of ground objects from the air, but I would say that they were at least 7 meters tall and at least 12 meters across. They were moving face-on towards Crater Farms at a pretty good clip.

As they passed underneath me, I turned and began to follow. They swept across the crater, passing through the walls on either side. (I saw at least one clan member hunting down there, perhaps he or she can describe it from ground perspective.)

They were not radiant, or if so not very, because they were not illuminating their surroundings. They were ignoring ground contours, and passed through the crater walls without affecting them or being affected.

As the phenomenon continued, I used one of the wide-area comm channels (Clan OOC) to call out a warning, as it was clearly heading back along my previous heading -- towards Tir City. The phenomenon was moving slightly faster than I was, and due to turn-around time had a head start on me, so I never again quite caught up with it.

It seemed to me that they stopped far short of the Tir city walls. In Western Tir Approach, apparently just about even with those rocky pillars where the road first turns, both disks rapidly evaporated.

I was annoyed, because I'm a historian. Historians aren't supposed to observe history. We're supposed to record history. And when we do observe and record history, it's supposed to be plausible history.

What do I think I saw? I think I don't know. No, I'm pretty sure I don't know. I saw nothing to contradict TAG's theory that it's yet another malfunction in the weather-control system. I saw nothing to prove it, either. As with Cloudeh's sighting, this was under mostly-clear blue skies.

I leave it to the big-domed science types to tell me what it was. All I can tell you for sure is that if it is the same phenomenon (as it appears from our respective photographs), then it has been seen in two very different locations in a fairly short span of time.

Author Bio: Dr. April Sotto has her doctorate in Economic History from the prestigious University of ****a, and was the author and narrator of the documentary gridshow about martial arts culture, "The Killer Application." She is on Rubi-Ka to research her next gridshow, "Pirates of the Notum Coast."

The one I saw was much taller than you told us sir.

I estimated it to be at least 100 , give or take 10 meters tall.

It move at the same speed as an un-tuned yalmaha.
    Even tho it took a a fair amount of time to reach me, it headed Directly for my position.

Out of the entire desert, it came to me, and the building for that fact.

I wont bring math into this I dont have the time, or mental capabilities *laugh*

But for some reason, I could not run...was I too scared? Or was I too facinated.

Like a bad nightmare where monsters chased you as a child, and you cannot run, like glue, cant..must.....faster.

But I was awed with amazment.....

Im glad there are no side effects...tho I do seem to have a mild migrane that hasnt stopped since the day.

Maybe it was the bright light as it passes, I even forgot to bring my sun shield up. Stupid omni technology, should have been automatic.