Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yalmaha Rooting Issue- Discuss

if anything, I'd expand the rules to allow any ranged weapon user to shoot those godamn annoying yalms out of the sky. BLAM!
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

it should be common sense to whoever is the making rules
    that if you cannot attack from a plane, you should also not
    be able to be attacked while in a plane.

as someone who has personally been rooted while flying
    (not looking for PvP) by Snarf here, I can tell you it sure
    felt like an exploit to me.

of course, I would have died to him anyway .. that's cool.
    . . it's just the principle of being unable to defend yourself.

in a game-mechanics sense, i call it an exploit;
    not something the player should be punished for,
    he may not even know the other guy is in a plane
    when he TAB-targets him . . but still a bad bug
    that needs to be fixed. Allowing one player to
    kill another player in any situation where the victim
    cannot fight back is dumb.

in a role-play sense, well .. whatever is preventing
    nanobots from leaving the yalmaha should also
    be blocking nanobots from reaching the driver.

I've been rooted out of the sky too... it didn't feel like an exploit to me.. I just felt stupid.

Snarf

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Root

Being rooting in a plane is fair .. However, you should be able to get of the plane So you can at least fight back.

addition

just had what i think was a good idea ..

what if, upon attack, you *instantly* pop out of your plane?
    (automatic with no unequip delay)

now. . if flying high, you could concievably have
    996 (or whatever the number is) additional fall damage
    inflicted on you . .. how does vertical range work for
    weapons/nanos anyway? hmmmmm..

still better than being totally unable to fight back.

exploit

Originally posted by Snarf
    I've been rooted out of the sky too... it didn't feel like an exploit to me.. I just felt stupid.

Snarf
    an exploit is commonly defined as anything that gives
    one player an unfair advantage over another player.

IMO,
    being able to attack someone who cant fight back fits that definition.

Yes snarf and coming from a NT is just even more Ignorant.
    You miss understood my main post by alot.

I said, Its okay to get rooted in a yal, but NOT IF I CANT GET OUT.
    Plain? Simple? ENGLISH?!

Get my point?

Id be funny if yals would just not get rooted.

You know, tell me, get me an offical Funcom Programmer to come here and tell me that rooting yals was meant to be, also the fact you cant get out.? hmmm? Get my point.

You see just becuase what "YOU" think, or thought does not mean its right, the majority agree with me, wow.. and I am being negotional, saying okay, this can happen, if that will happen if you do it, bleh.

But then again we can make Yals root-able but then dont fall just freeze in the sky-oooor- Give yals blaster or bombs then see who wants to stand under one hehe

But yeah, do something about the people flying above you, de-equpping and rooting whilst falling.

-Cloud out

Why do you get in a yalm in the first place? FC made it so that we could no longer unequip yalms instantly for a reason... have you all forgotten about that?

Originally posted by Garzu
    Why do you get in a yalm in the first place? FC made it so that we could no longer unequip yalms instantly for a reason... have you all forgotten about that?
    I, for one, use the yalm to have a speedy getaway from the zone-campers. When I zone into 2ho, it's to reach a missiontarget.
    Attack me, fine, but let me attack back. At least let me unequip the yalm. If I survive the 10 secs it takes me to deequip it, I deserve a chance to fight back. If I don't survive the 10 secs, fine, but at least let me TRY!

Yes, it's mixture of risk and reward, but where's the risk for the ones rooting yalms? They have no risk if their target cannot fight back.

Let me deequip and TRY to fight back (not that it would matter, when 20 clanners hold the gridpoint) but let me TRY.

Originally posted by Skybert

I, for one, use the yalm to have a speedy getaway from the zone-campers. When I zone into 2ho, it's to reach a missiontarget.
    Attack me, fine, but let me attack back. At least let me unequip the yalm. If I survive the 10 secs it takes me to deequip it, I deserve a chance to fight back. If I don't survive the 10 secs, fine, but at least let me TRY!

Yes, it's mixture of risk and reward, but where's the risk for the ones rooting yalms? They have no risk if their target cannot fight back.

Let me deequip and TRY to fight back (not that it would matter, when 20 clanners hold the gridpoint) but let me TRY.
    I absolutely agree. Funcom must fix this problem. In the meantime though, what are we supposed to do?

-D

Yeah, i totally agree we should be able to unequip it, i have never been rooted in a yalm, but as i understand it, it is impossible to unequip while under attack, just as it is impossible to equip while under attack, this needs to change. Equipping of yalms while in combat should NOT be possible, but unequipping a yalm when under attack should be possible, not instant but timed as it usually works.

Stay away from the areas where this happens? (2HO)
    or pray each time we zone in there?

I usually point my nose up as soon as I can and shout "up, up and away" (well, not the shouting, but I might concider starting that )
    Hopefully, I can load all my graphics (and thus start moving about) before the timer goes too low and I get ganked.

Got killed there once, not wearing the yalm, but never got killed while wearing the yalm. Just remember to defrag my harddrive, in order to get fast graphics loading (when zoning).

an exploit is commonly defined as anything that gives
    one player an unfair advantage over another player.
    Then soldier MK shields, MP healer pets, doctor INI debuffs, MA crit buffs, fullauto, aimed shot, and MP nano shutdown are exploits. Let's ban ALL soldiers, MPs, MAs and docs. Oh, and since NTs and agents can root yalms, let's ban them too. Haha.

Snarf

Originally posted by Snarf

Then soldier MK shields, MP healer pets, doctor INI debuffs, MA crit buffs, fullauto, aimed shot, and MP nano shutdown are exploits. Let's ban ALL soldiers, MPs, MAs and docs. Oh, and since NTs and agents can root yalms, let's ban them too. Haha.
    Snarf,
    don't play dumb..

we used to be able to equip/unequip vehicals instantly.
    we used to be able to fight and cast from vehicals.
    but obvious exploits arose and so new rules were implemented.

with changes come new bugs,
    like the current exploit that allows you to root other players
    in planes and kill them with no risk. it's a bug. it will be fixed.

comparing that to intended features is just retarded,
    and you damn well know the difference . .

Originally posted by Scumbug

Snarf,
    don't play dumb..

we used to be able to equip/unequip vehicals instantly.
    we used to be able to fight and cast from vehicals.
    but obvious exploits arose and so new rules were implemented.

with changes come new bugs,
    like the current exploit that allows you to root other players
    in planes and kill them with no risk. it's a bug. it will be fixed.

comparing that to intended features is just retarded,
    and you damn well know the difference . .
    what it comes down to is... exploit or not, Funcom has left us faced with 2 choices...

#1. Let the clanner scum just fly around all day in the 25% zones, stinking up perfectly clean and pleasant areas.
    #2. Kill them anyway. Hope they learn.

Me, I'm going for #2... It's not that I need pvp kills, and not that I want to cheat, it's just a matter of r/p. Sorry you can't get out of your plane... but I'd have attacked you if you were just walking by too. (granted, I'm a nanomage NT, so I'd be dead, but that's beside the point)

-D

yeah

yeah,
    like i said, not the sort of exploit a player should be punished for . .

if you TAB an enemy you gotta hit those hotkeys quick,
    no time to check where they are . . on the ground or in the air . .

but it is definately an exploitable bug nevertheless.
    a root is not intended to be an instant-death nano.

it's kindof like zonecamping.
    killing a player who cannot fight back
    is killing a player who can't fight back. period.

it's not quite intentional cheating but it's still bad sport.

Well let me see.
    High level NT:

Wait wait let me finished.

DOTS.
    NANOS.
    CAN ROOT.

And and the big final, can use a weapon ONTOP of the damaga he/she/it already does.

So imagine, BURST, FLING SHOT, AIMEDSHOT?...DOT Target, Do a Few nanos, WEAPON WEAPON, FLING shot, few nanos....
    Oh looked fling shot is back, BOOM!
    And a few seconds later, Burst, RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT!
    NANO, BOOM, NANO, no nano left, BOOM BOOM BOOM

What Do I have?

I have, Normal attack and...um...Brawl.
    Dimach once of but most of the time Its been used.
    I feel special

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Well let me see.
    High level NT:

Wait wait let me finished.

DOTS.
    NANOS.
    CAN ROOT.

And and the big final, can use a weapon ONTOP of the damaga he/she/it already does.

So imagine, BURST, FLING SHOT, AIMEDSHOT?...DOT Target, Do a Few nanos, WEAPON WEAPON, FLING shot, few nanos....
    Oh looked fling shot is back, BOOM!
    And a few seconds later, Burst, RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT!
    NANO, BOOM, NANO, no nano left, BOOM BOOM BOOM

What Do I have?

I have, Normal attack and...um...Brawl.
    Dimach once of but most of the time Its been used.
    I feel special
    Root and DD are the only decent attacks most NTs have
    It's hard to put enough IPs into weapons to use anything worthwhile... and our DOTs suck bad. Most NTs never use them (as far as I know). Supposedly we have nullity sphere.. but I've never seen it. Oh, and don't forget our crappy enfraam's line :P

As a matter of fact, if we get an IP reset, I'm not going to put IPs into ANY weapons at all. Probably just equip a lvl1 goffle-prod just for looks. Would love to have my pistol, RE, Fling, burst, and multi-wield IPs back that I blew early in the game. Assuming they don't ever nerf shotguns, maybe I'll equip a vector...

What weapon are you using that you only have attack and brawl?
    You've also got....
    Unlimited ammo (you use no ammo... we run out of nano eventually)
    5 times our health + essence
    Mongo
    Better armor

Yalmas shouldnt be allowed in PVP without disadvantages. To be able to fly around and spy on your opposition and track their movements without having ANY danger to you would be absolutely ridiculous.

Sure, if rooting meant that the person appeared on the ground and could run, fine. Whatever. But I dont want to see godamn Yalmas becoming invincible annoying things in pvp.

Snarf

Angry no auto pop from plane please

Who ever mentioned the auto pop outta plane after attack is just CRAZY im sure most people here would agree that poping outta a yalm after being attacked by a hive guardian would just plain old suck !
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast