Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yalmaha Rooting Issue- Discuss

Yalmaha Rooting Issue- Discuss

Okay.

From What I see people think its okay.
    Here is what I think of the matter...

I think its "Exploiting"
    Reason becuase if you read what the definition of exploitings really is.

Having a unfair advantage over another.

I dont mean 200 attacking 75, thats fair unfair, its legitimate

The reason Why I say it is unfair, the ONLY reason is becuase I can not, and I have seen other people such as earthmonster, a clanner yes have this happen to him.

I did not attack earthmonster, I even tld him to team with me so i could kill the exploiter that how serious I am.
    I dont care if its my guild member or best friend its just not funny.

IF..and ONLY IF you can get out of a yalmaha when rooted then its fine.

If I cant get out, Cant attack, cant do nanos, cant move..nothing.
    Then whats the point.

I am being Negotiable..and fair, you can STILL ROOT but they should allow it so the person can get ut of thier Yalmaha and at least attempt to fight back.

Also there is a new strategy I see people doing.

Yalmaha is unreachable.
    Take a agent.
    Get into his/her yalmaha Flys above the enemy yalamaha.

Unequips it, Falls past the yal, and casts a root spell whilst falling thus bringing the yalmaha down with him.

That is Exploiting.
    I mean some people say to me, In char- "Hey cant you take being shot down omni pilot?"
    And say things like, "dont fly so low"

Then if they speak to me like that I would procced saying stuff like..

you sum WWII Kamakazi pilot? Jumping out of your yal? hehe.

Please, No flames, just an agreement on things, and I will forward this to whomeever and maybe they will listen , hopefully.

Thnx

Yup

Look you root me that is one thing.
    BUT i should beable to get out of my plane. That is a bug for real and people will take advantage of it.. until it's fixed.

FUNCOM fix this..plz

Funcom needs to really study this situation. Just a few patches ago, you could still cast from a Yalmaha (and break root). Surprise surprise, NTs used this to nuke MOBs on the ground from their Yals, so Funcom made it so you can't cast from your Yalmaha. And they nerfed nano range to 40m also.

Prior to that, they put a 10 sec timer on the Yalmaha so that people can't use it as a get a way vehicle. Then they made it so you can't equip/unequip while you're engaged in combat because melee classes would drop down on an NT in a Yal and kill him before he had a chance to root.

Who knows what will happen. I just think it's discourteous to attack someone in a yal, but NTs do it all the time.

Well

Root good .. bugged after rooted ..bad

I was not aware of this bug. I have no problem with people rooting yalms... just because you're in a plane doesn't mean you are untouchable... but they MUST fix the problem of not being able to get out of a yalm...

This must have started back when they added the timer to equip/unequip.
    Perhaps they should leave the equip timer, but drop the unequip timer...

-D

I think the unequip timer is there so a melee class can't drop down on an NT who is sitting on a roof and pound him to death before he has a chance to root and nuke.

Look I'm not an NT and I can't root, but here are the FACTS>

YOU KNOW THE RULES

YOU KNOW THE WAY THE GAME WORKS

YOU KNOW IF YOU GO INTO A 25% or 0% GAS ZONE IN A CAR YOU CAN BE ATTACKED AND IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME TO UNEQUIP THAT YOU WILL BE DEAD

So I ask you, why do you persist? Why do you keep zoning into these areas in your plane, knowing you will die? Is it just so you can send petitions and try and get players kicked and banned? What is the POINT of doing something you know doesn't work over and over again and then coming here to try and get RULES CHANGED because you MUST enter a 25% gas zone in a PLANE? You just baffle me.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    Look I'm not an NT and I can't root, but here are the FACTS>

YOU KNOW THE RULES

YOU KNOW THE WAY THE GAME WORKS

YOU KNOW IF YOU GO INTO A 25% or 0% GAS ZONE IN A CAR YOU CAN BE ATTACKED AND IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME TO UNEQUIP THAT YOU WILL BE DEAD

So I ask you, why do you persist? Why do you keep zoning into these areas in your plane, knowing you will die? Is it just so you can send petitions and try and get players kicked and banned? What is the POINT of doing something you know doesn't work over and over again and then coming here to try and get RULES CHANGED because you MUST enter a 25% gas zone in a PLANE? You just baffle me.
    Ultra1...
    I completely agree *EXCEPT*
    apparently, once rooted you CANNOT get out of your plane.
    If this is true, that is a bug, and should be fixed.

I am all for killing people in planes. In fact, I've done it a few times a few months ago. But, back then, I could root them, and they would get OUT of their planes and try to fight back.

If this bug is true, they cannot exit their planes once rooted, therefore cannot fight back. That just sucks.

I'd still kill them anyway... but at least people should be aware of this bug.

-D

Originally posted by cson
    I think the unequip timer is there so a melee class can't drop down on an NT who is sitting on a roof and pound him to death before he has a chance to root and nuke.
    huh? they can still do that, it just takes 10 secs longer now.

-D

I think the point is that you can't get out of you Yal if you're engaged in a fight. You can't attack back either. It's actually Funcom's fault because the implementation is all wrong. I think if do get attacked in a Yal, that de-equip should be instant. As it stands now, you CANNOT de-eqiup. And if you're rooted in a Yal, you can't do anything. You can /terminate just so you don't lose anything if you happened to have entered a PvP zone without saving first.

I agree with Cloudeh (shocking, aint it? ) :D

I will never grid into 2ho in my yalm, ever. And I won't whine about being rooted in my yalm if I should ever have a brain fart and do so.

But, it makes no sense that you are stuck in it. 10 secs is a long time to get pounded while trying to get out of it, but it's an acceptable risk.

Being stuck in your yalm indefinitely after being rooted makes no sense at all.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

So an rooting class standing on top of a building is supposed to be completely impervious to attack from Enforcers, MAs and melee Adventurers?

We could get in our yalms anf fly up there but we just get rooted and stuck in the yalm until we die.

I don't know if that would work either cson, an agent could shoot a guy high in the air causing him do de-equip, take the shot damage and the fall damage and then finish him off.

But now that I think about it, I know about that de-equip bug and it should be fixed. While hunting borgs, every so often the teams get routed and I have had problems taking off my yalm after being attacked in it. zoning fixes the problem.

Still the bottom line is: Why do you enter a 25% or 0% gas zone in a PLANE OR CAR. Why don't you come in wearing only a bikini next time too? That way people will know you don't want to fight and just poped into 2ho to go for a swim.

That way people will know you don't want to fight and just poped into 2ho to go for a swim.

Becuase there some people that attack no matter what.

Also I did zone in it, I was in a scouting party for the event.
    It was in PW, in the middle of nowhere, I have a pic....

http://cloudeh.50megs.com/Cheat14.jpg

I saw her and went in her direction, Hey she was falling back, so I followed closely behind.

If she was on the ground I would not have gone near her but no...

As I was following to my unawareness, she deqeupied it, In the air, and rooted my as she fell.

I could have had her, I was on the floor for a LONG time, at least a Minute before she finally popped a good shot in.

Even If I do zone, I would still beable to press back and zone back where I was

What else....

I find it completely okay, but I just want to beable to get out thats all, simple little thing.

What do you think about the rooters falling from above too root other yal users?

Originally posted by Cloudeh

Becuase there some people that attack no matter what.

Well yes, that is true on both sides. If there are 10 100-150 omni standing around the grid and the whompa in 2ho you think they are there to toss lays on clanners as they come in?

They aren't there to socialize or bathe, or invite clanners to join Omni. They are there to kill. Clanners come to 2ho for the same reason. People assume that if you come there you are looking for a fight too.

So yes, MOST people attack no matter what.

Nutbar03 i totaly agree with you.
    As a melee character i have been attacked by agents and nts on rooftops on many occasions.
    Pre yalm nerf i could drop down on them and atlest have a chanse to fight back and kill the damn coward bastards.

Now i just die!

Vandame

Funny thing is that they normally just root you on top of the building and drop off LOL.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

if your gonna jump outta your yalm from that high to root someone the damage should be greater then the 900 damage

but some people just like to be ass' about it

yeah.... if fall damage were significantly increased this at least fix the ones jumping out of their plane... they should die.... over a certain distance from the ground everyone should get hit with 10k fall damage....

Godamn whiners. Deal. If you want to fly like an idiot low in a 25% or 0% zone (presumably spying), then it's a risk you're going to take. You don't HAVE to fly around like a moron, you know.

I think it's totally a legit part of the game. It's risk/reward. You can zip around a zone to find strategic holes, gather intelligence, etc, but you've got to be careful. It's part of the game. I'd find nothing more irritating than to have a bunch of losers zipping around my head in a 0% zone and unable to be attacked.

As for not getting out.. you try getting out of a plane that has just crashed.

Fly near me and die.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast