Thread: Do you lag less, more or same when in a CC area, poll here..

Do you lag less, more or same when in a CC area, poll here..

Please voice your opinion here on the effect on CC..

Vote here!
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Thought perhaps it time to check what CC really feels like for those out there fighting, does it really make ppl there less lag or not?

My experience is that those that get the same lag with 20 or 100 ppl, crowdcontrol or no cc.

I think the problem is more that you need very up to date HW and connection. I have tested on different systems from same connection, and clearly, a high performance PC gives me no lag probs, while a low end PC makes it a living hell with more than 20+ ppl around..

The point is really does CC help those with bad connections or an old PC, and do ppl with better PCs note any difference at all?

Please try give some serious feedback on this one.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

I usually don't lag out that bad in a CC area even if I get the CC message (that means the area is full), but I do go LD and can lag out bad if too many players in a none CC area.

So...for me CC make me lag less, but it also make so I can't attack towers or players cuz warped back, I think I rather lag abit more and can attack towers/players than having CC.

To fix Crash Loop they can just warp players that crash 3 times in less than 1min to last save point or to a clan/omni town like they do if you getting killed afew times right after eachother.
    Ofcourse some people will exploit this to get quick warp back to town, but I think that's better than to be stuck in a crash loop for an hour.

In a crowded area, people with low end computers lag more ofcourse, but even if you have an extreme high end machine, you will lag with too much people, cuz it's the server/client that can't handle it, not your comp.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

It all depends on what area im in realy

DAv i dont have much trouble at all , yet in CAV i LD alot during fights . Strange that i usualy dont have that problem though , can go to camelot and have no problems at all when the PF is full and omni/clan is rushing the box in full force. I also dont have much of a problem in highly crowded areas like tir or athens .

no change, IMHO, on the lag issue.

I am usually in NW battles with my Agent char Daquis.

In my experience (as I also voted) CC makes no difference to lag. I alway lag about same amount and it goes like this.

I get to range of people and textures load, chunk, chunk, chunk, loaded and I move again...

That chunk,chunk,chunk with 2fps period is usually around 10-20 seconds. After all textures are loaded, I dont really lag anymore at all unless I get way off from view of everyone else and come back but usually this time the lag moment is only few seconds as some of those textures are prolly still stored in memory.

I am usually playing AO with my older machine which is:

1.4G AMD TB
    512MB RAM
    GF4 Ti4200 with 64MB RAM

2.3Mbit/2.3Mbit SDSL connection

Zarch and da chars